Page 15 of 253 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

the bitching thread

Aurgh!! I'm so angry! Stupid engineering economics, the most stupid course in my entire university career. Why can't economists do things like normal people? I'm an engineer, our whole class is engineers, we've been trained to go through derivations, understand formulas, and use formulas. Now, why are we forced to deal with the 'look it up in the table' crap in this course? This is the method that people used to solve problems before they had computers and calculators. Believe me, the formulas aren't that difficult, I've had to use far worse in other courses. The problem with the tables is that they only cover a finite number of possibilities. To find an answer in between two table values, I'm forced to extrapolate, therefore greatly decreasing the accuracy of my answer. And then we have the cases where the table doesn't cover them at all. Most of the tables cover up to a certain number of interest periods, around 100. Then I had a question that gave me 240 interest periods. In the answers, it told me I should use the formula. If I'm going to have to use the formula anyways, WHY do you INSIST on making me use the stupid table method for the other questions?!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE????

the bitching thread

Originally posted by: KitKat
    Aurgh!! I'm so angry! Stupid engineering economics, the most stupid course in my entire university career. Why can't economists do things like normal people? I'm an engineer, our whole class is engineers, we've been trained to go through derivations, understand formulas, and use formulas. Now, why are we forced to deal with the 'look it up in the table' crap in this course? This is the method that people used to solve problems before they had computers and calculators. Believe me, the formulas aren't that difficult, I've had to use far worse in other courses. The problem with the tables is that they only cover a finite number of possibilities. To find an answer in between two table values, I'm forced to extrapolate, therefore greatly decreasing the accuracy of my answer. And then we have the cases where the table doesn't cover them at all. Most of the tables cover up to a certain number of interest periods, around 100. Then I had a question that gave me 240 interest periods. In the answers, it told me I should use the formula. If I'm going to have to use the formula anyways, WHY do you INSIST on making me use the stupid table method for the other questions?!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE????
    Ahh, that reminds me of my statistics courses. Always a joy. Could be worse, they could just ask you to guess. I had a teacher that just said to guess cause thats what he did. So if your guess was more accurate, but not the same as his, you were wrong.

"Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help."

the bitching thread

Originally posted by: Jadugar
    Originally posted by: el_boss
    It fucking sucks that dragonoutlaw goes around provoking people, then a "anonymous" mod (wonder who it could be?) comes and bans them when they respond. Way to demonstrate your integrity guys.
    He isnt anonymous any more.[img][/img]
    What? What? who is it? who is it?

the bitching thread

I WISH MY MOM WOULD LET ME USE PAYPAL MORE GODDAMMIT! LET ME USE IT MOM I AHVE THE MONEY!! AGHHHHHHH.

the bitching thread

I can't stand fucking idiots who join Gotwoot just to ask "where do I get Naruto episodes?" when its obviously on GOTWOOT.NET! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ( I mean "me")!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the bitching thread

I got a bit irritated at all the topics that have been removed from GW lately. I was looking for the Gotbook thread but fuck it had dissappeared. Damn how annoying this shit is, someone erased every trace of mut? He eon't disappear since we all remember him anyway.

I have been away for a while which explains my delayed reaction to this....

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

the bitching thread

Why is it that some people can't fucking read over their posts for spelling or grammar errors? Shit pisses me off every time.

Also, all-caps is not cool.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

the bitching thread

Fucking ice on my driveway! Goddamn black ice made me fall and break two of my fingers. I guess I'm lucky I used my left hand to break my fall instead of my head, but goddamn does it hurt!
    Edit: Update: Looks like they were just dislocated. Relocating them hurt like a mother, but now they feel better. Swollen a little, but better.

"Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help."

the bitching thread

Ouch. Im glad theres the ice. No school[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

the bitching thread

Pah, no school because of a tiny bit of snow/ice . Pathetic. Where I live, we dont have a snow day if its anything short of -40 degrees celcius and 3 meters of snow.

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

the bitching thread

Well I guess that sucks for you now doesn't it?

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar

the bitching thread

Burnnn... I would slap the shit out of #2 if he said that to me!
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would

the bitching thread

Originally posted by: Mr Squiggles
    Pah, no school because of a tiny bit of snow/ice . Pathetic. Where I live, we dont have a snow day if its anything short of -40 degrees celcius and 3 meters of snow.
    I wish it was that easy

Mine is 50 degrees celcius, with at least 4-6 meters of snow, even then some people are still going in to work
    image fail!

the bitching thread

*slaps what's his face*. Being a wuss aint something to be proud of. You're probably the type of kid who's mom would let him stay home and not go to school just because he had a small cold, or a papercut.
    EDIT: When I was your age, I had to walk 3 miles through 2m of snow, in my pijamas to get to school. And that was if I was lucky!

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

the bitching thread

Originally posted by: Mr Squiggles
    *slaps what's his face*. Being a wuss aint something to be proud of. You're probably the type of kid who's mom would let him stay home and not go to school just because he had a small cold, or a papercut.
    EDIT: When I was your age, I had to walk 3 miles through 2m of snow, in my pijamas to get to school. And that was if I was lucky!
    hahaha! Whatever! I feel so bad for you! I wouldn't mind if there was school, but no school is fun! FUN![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

!FUN![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

the bitching thread

I hate statistics. Statistics has reminded me just why I hate math so much. I've been calculating and making nonstop graphs for two weeks! The only good thing that came out of this is that I mastered Excel.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

the bitching thread

I think I've been banned from the gotwoot IRC channel. And it happened right after I got the hang of IRC and finally got onto the channel. Life is so ironic. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

the bitching thread

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT BURN EVERYTHING TO HELL

I just missed out on ANOTHER job. I DON'T WANT TO BE UNEMPLOYED, I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF THOSE IDIOTS WHO INTERVIEW PEOPLE, FALSE PROMISES AND HAPPY SMILES OH YEAH!!!

YOU WERE SO INTERESTING, OH SO INTERESTING BUT "SAAAAAAAAAAAAADLY" THERE IS NO ROOM FOR YOU HERE!

I am so pissed off right now that I could tear down my walls with my fists, and the only thing that prevents me from doing so is the fact that it would be fucking cold in here

God I need to drink something.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

the bitching thread

i hate emo people. ^^ :wink;

all they do is bitch and complain instead of going out and making a positive impact on society, like getting a job...

I also hate how half of Europe thinks its cool to smoke cigarettes two feet outside of doors. They absolutely clog every bar/school/cafe you can find. And of course the smoke keeps going inside when the doors are opened and closed.

oh, and I hate this thread. fucking +1 BS... (guilty)

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

the bitching thread

This thread rules, I really needed to vent a little.