Page 192 of 253 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 5056

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Yeah, they don't seem to have amazingly long best before times these days. Who knows if it's a consequence from making them taste/look better or be healthier (sometimes the same thing), make them cheaper, or if it's just a trick by the manufacturers to force people to actually eat them and thus buy new ones. I bought five cans of pea soup in the spring and they seem to keep until early 2014. I'll probably finish them next year already, though.

After getting... "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart" a hundred times, my hard drive finally died. Now I have to wait for a technician to come and install a new one. I'm currently typing this on a shitty old Gateway from 2005.

Edit: No sound, having to use VGA, and Onboard Graphics FTL.
    Last edited by Marik; Sat, 09-10-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Sounds like a work/office computer? Or a warranty replacement? If it's a personal computer then do yourself a favor and get an SSD or 7200RPM HDD.

My bitch: my SSD has been giving me trouble again lately. Randomly hangs, particularly when Firefox is open. Probably related to the Marvell 6GB controller, but the last time I had to mess with this issue, switching to the Intel controller on the motherboard made it worse.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Sounds like a work/office computer? Or a warranty replacement? If it's a personal computer then do yourself a favor and get an SSD or 7200RPM HDD.
    Warranty replacement. It's a Dell. I purchased a 4-year in home warranty with the PC when I bought it.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    You could take this opportunity to learn how to do it yourself. It'll save you having to wait for a techie next time. Got backups?HDD failures suck.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I'm facing a similar issues. At first my laptop wasn't charging so dell techies replaced the motherboard and power cord. Now I'm having Problems with the brightness of the computer. It seems the OS got corrupted. Lost the original CDs ( my fault) so now I'm waiting on the disk via overnight shipping, it's the second attempt to ship to me seeing that it was shipped to the wrong person the first time around. If reinstallation of the OS doesn't work they are going to replace the motherboard and install a harddrive that already contains everything. It's already been a month of troubleshooting.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage View Post
    I'm facing a similar issues. At first my laptop wasn't charging so dell techies replaced the motherboard and power cord. Now I'm having Problems with the brightness of the computer. It seems the OS got corrupted. Lost the original CDs ( my fault) so now I'm waiting on the disk via overnight shipping, it's the second attempt to ship to me seeing that it was shipped to the wrong person the first time around. If reinstallation of the OS doesn't work they are going to replace the motherboard and install a harddrive that already contains everything. It's already been a month of troubleshooting.
    If you can do a repair-install, try that first instead of a completely new installation. You could have tried using a downloaded copy, but since it's overnight it's probably not worth the effort (nor fast enough).

Originally I bought this laptop for my mother but she would have rather had my old one. So this is just a back-up, it's a Dell Studio 1745, it's fully cover; meaning if I dropped it on the floor and it broke to pieces they would replace it (kind of entertaining that idea right now). There is nothing really important on this and I don't have the activation key so.

It's more of annoyance to go through all this.
    ___

wipe partition table, install some random linux to see if it works. If you take ubuntu you won't have any problems(but it is kinda gay distro).
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    My bitch: my SSD has been giving me trouble again lately. Randomly hangs, particularly when Firefox is open. Probably related to the Marvell 6GB controller, but the last time I had to mess with this issue, switching to the Intel controller on the motherboard made it worse.
    Firefox:
    Extensions might be the culprit, I have troubles with some websites with adblock for example.

I think I remember your SSD is SF based. Can you create an event viewer filter with "iastor" for the source and "9" as event ID?

I vaguely remember there's something to dig there, firmware related.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I don't know what I touched at work, but my left hand has two yellow spots on the palm and smells HEAVILY of cigarettes.

Haven't been able to wash it off.

Burn it with fire, Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I don't know what I touched at work, but my left hand has two yellow spots on the palm and smells HEAVILY of cigarettes.

Haven't been able to wash it off.
    If it doesn't look too serious like a medical condition, I would try more washing and rinsing.

If not, then I would use topical acetone in very small amounts to see if they are able to simply remove the marks.

Otherwise, look into a medical doctor (or your medical encyclopaedia if you're that skilled).

As for other bitching, I have two classes with the same professor and I go into another class he teaches this semester because I have to take it next year. He professes the same anecdotes in every class that aren't on the examinations, so it does get very repetitive and boring.

It doesn't look like a medical condition. It just looks like the same kind of yellow stain that smokers will have on their fingers.. except I have not touched an exposed cig, and have no idea how it happened.

A few washes, working/handling for a good few hours followed by a shower has worn off the yellowness, but the smell lingers in detectable quantities.

re:your bitch, I've found myself repeating a story I've already told someone sometimes. Not a biggie, just forget who I have or haven't told.. I usually pick it up, or they tell me "you told me that".

WTF? Whatever it is, it seeped into your skin. Try to find the source!
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    re:your bitch, I've found myself repeating a story I've already told someone sometimes. Not a biggie, just forget who I have or haven't told.. I usually pick it up, or they tell me "you told me that".
    No, I mean he plans to tell everyone the same anecdotes.

I go to his class early in the morning for one class (macroeconomics). Then two hours after this first class is over, I go to the other class he teaches (microeconomics). The introduction/beginning lectures are generally the same because both courses are interrelated, but the professor tells the same anecdotes for those two same classes like what's in the paper, how tall he wants to be, a story of a time he missed out on a huge contract, etc.. Then he's got a third class that I have to take next year (engineering economics) that I sit in and he uses the same anecdotes and examples from the other two lectures as well.

It's hearing the same story over and over again for three classes and I feel like it's a waste of time, but I really want all A's this semester.

Another bitch - I hate how one-dimensional people can be. Whenever I sit with freshmen in said professor's class and he reviews things from high school (junior courses), these people keep on bitching and bitching that this is stuff already covered (already obvious to the professor). What they don't get is that other people are still moving around with their class schedules and these transfers may have missed some class material from previous day. Furthermore, it's a ploy to trick people into thinking that the class is very easy so they don't drop the class before deadlines earning money for the University. Lastly, everyone needs a review or so of these things, so doing these reviews are necessary even if the concepts have been taught before.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Shit shit shit, ACL is this weekend. I need to see Stevie Wonder before he dies.

Guess it's time to drop 100 bucks on craigslist for a ticket and for a surprise trip to Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by enkoujin View Post
    As for other bitching, I have two classes with the same professor and I go into another class he teaches this semester because I have to take it next year. He professes the same anecdotes in every class that aren't on the examinations, so it does get very repetitive and boring.
    That does sound like a waste of your time.

From the other end, however, it is really tiring having to teach the same lesson several times a day. Every day is like Groundhog Day for me and every class period always has trouble with the same things. I'm almost used to it now. 6th period comes in and I just put my brain on "play" and let the days recording come out of my mouth.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Personal Bitch,

I've been around these parts since the middle part of 2003. Yes like many of you, I came here because of Naruto, I'm almost ashamed to admit that I that i've actually bought fansubs because my download connection was to slow (aol dial-up), yes I was that big of a Narutard. I've had a few accounts on gotwoot but this is the one I've settled on using. I've never asked for anything, nothing at all, until now that is.

Fifty something post ago, I had ask, pleaded and partially begged the powers of gotwoot to please let me remain a "Jounin" because I somewhat dislike the other titles that were up ahead and was attached to this one. But it was not meant to be, a moderator that shall be left nameless but whom I personally think is a pedophile deemed that the Tile that "Mis Nin" was befitting. Implying that I am treasonous in nature and I shall be branded that way.

So here I am stuck with something I dislike for God know how many years. It has taken me almost 6 years to reach a thousand post who know if I will ever be rid of this "thing".

Oh well, life goes on.

p.s. My mistake, he did not imply that I was treasonous but laughed at my plea.

@ enkoujin: Thanks, but it was more of a personal rant than anything else. Don't really care.
    Last edited by dragonrage; Fri, 09-16-2011 at 05:56 PM.
    ___

Personal Bitch,

I've been around these parts since the middle part of 2003. Yes like many of you, I came here because of Naruto, I'm almost ashamed to admit that I that i've actually bought fansubs because my download connection was to slow (aol dial-up), yes I was that big of a Narutard. I've had a few accounts on gotwoot but this is the one I've settled on using. I've never asked for anything, nothing at all, until now that is.

Fifty something post ago, I had ask, pleaded and partially begged the powers of gotwoot to please let me remain a "Jounin" because I somewhat dislike the other titles that were up ahead and was attached to this one. But it was not meant to be, a moderator that shall be left nameless but whom I personally think is a pedophile deemed that the Tile that "Mis Nin" was befitting. Implying that I am treasonous in nature and I shall be branded that way.

So here I am stuck with something I dislike for God know how many years. It has taken me almost 6 years to reach a thousand post who know if I will ever be rid of this "thing".

Oh well, life goes on.
    Just post some more [good] posts to get your reputation up. Your title change is only one tier away.

@ enkoujin: Thanks, but it was more of a personal rant than anything else. Don't really care.
    lawl. posts like these make the bitching thread a waste of time.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07