Page 206 of 253 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 5056

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Ani's certainly got an axe to grind with UPS and is searching every way to place the blame on them. Most people don't have a problem with their packages getting stolen. The vast overwhelming majority. Or they live in an apartment building where the manager signs for packages.

But it really all depends. They (FEDEX) have left a $1200 computer on my steps, labeled on the outside of the package what it is...and I've had to sign for $30 packages. So the absurdity of it goes both ways.
    So you were wrong yet again, Ryl. Turns out it was a mistake by UPS. The package tracking shows it was delivered on Fri May 18. I spent the entire weekend wanting to hurt someone real bad for stealing stuff from off my porch. Then today, walking out the front door, there's the package waiting for me. No additional stickers denoting it was re-shipped or just improperly handled, no explanation where it's been for the past 3-4 days (I checked on Sat and they don't deliver on weekends anyway).

Now I'm more inclined to believe the first lost shipment back in Nov was also UPS's fault. That delivery was scheduled for the Wed right before the Thanksgiving holidays and it shows delivered on tracking but was nowhere to be found. I'm confident now thinking the driver dropped the package into a dumpster and started his holiday early.

Out of this mess, I get a free Android phone ($130), but any future claims to Amazon will be met with added skepticism on their part (not because they know of this, but because it will be the 3rd claim). So hopefully Amazon and UPS split the bill for this mess up, and I get a free phone for my troubles.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    So I get it that this package contains the phone you'll be refunded for, rather than being randomly sent a new phone of your choice (or not)?

I haven't had a bad run-in with the post before yet. The postman who works most of the shifts actually knows me by name now because I internet-shop all the time.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    No offense but I hate the direction Acura went with all of their cars after third gen. They look too boxy and luxury-based and not as sporty. I'm surprised they have a factory in Ohio, but I imagine it's a Honda factory.

That's not my STi in the photo but same everything besides the wheels. I got them in silver which I think looks better than the gold ones. I haven't gone with aftermarket wheels because I want to keep a stock look, and it's expensive to get wheels that look as good and are lightweight forged like the stock wheels. Mine looks like this but with less wheel gap and a WRX wing:
    No offense taken; I actually agree wholeheartedly. I especially dislike the stupid grill design they spread across the entire Acura lineup. And since the 2nd gen, the TL has been built in Marysville Ohio alongside the Accord.

Are those BBS wheels or Enkeis? My cousin has an '07 STi Limited and I thought it was lame how they put Enkei rims instead of the usual BBS. The car is supposed to be special and most every stock rim manufacturer is step down from BBS, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    So I get it that this package contains the phone you'll be refunded for, rather than being randomly sent a new phone of your choice (or not)?

I haven't had a bad run-in with the post before yet. The postman who works most of the shifts actually knows me by name now because I internet-shop all the time.
    Yep, same phone I originally ordered. I didn't get a refund though, they sent me a second phone. Not sure what I'll do with it. Pretty sure I won't be returning it to Amazon.

Knowing your postman is good, but over here they change so often it's pointless. Plus now that you know them, do they expect a gift or token of appreciation sometime each year? I think that was in a Seinfeld episode.

Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh View Post
    No offense taken; I actually agree wholeheartedly. I especially dislike the stupid grill design they spread across the entire Acura lineup. And since the 2nd gen, the TL has been built in Marysville Ohio alongside the Accord.

Are those BBS wheels or Enkeis? My cousin has an '07 STi Limited and I thought it was lame how they put Enkei rims instead of the usual BBS. The car is supposed to be special and most every stock rim manufacturer is step down from BBS, IMO.
    That's what I like about my STI... made in Japan. Not that it really matters, but a personal preference.

Mine has the BBS lightweight forged wheels that came stock on STis in 2004-2007. They are definitely higher quality than most any other stock wheels. BBS aftermarket rims are pricey.

Wow, that sucks. It looks like only the limited 2007 got the painted Enkei wheels. The other 07 STis got the BBS wheels. What a crappy decision by Subaru.
    Last edited by Animeniax; Tue, 05-22-2012 at 11:46 PM.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Knowing your postman is good, but over here they change so often it's pointless. Plus now that you know them, do they expect a gift or token of appreciation sometime each year? I think that was in a Seinfeld episode.
    Haha, no.. He knows my name because he's always delivering to me when he gets to my house. I don't actually know his because he doesn't wear a name badge. It can get a little awkward at times since he's up so early for work and I'm usually in my PJs and we don't usually have much to talk about outside from our initial greeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Haha, no.. He knows my name because he's always delivering to me when he gets to my house. I don't actually know his because he doesn't wear a name badge. It can get a little awkward at times since he's up so early for work and I'm usually in my PJs and we don't usually have much to talk about outside from our initial greeting.
    You could ask his name, shake his hand, and thank for all the deliveries over the years the next time he brings you something. Most people don't mind being thanked even if they are just doing their job. That would probably make him want to treat your delicate figure orders all the more carefully.

So you were wrong yet again, Ryl. Turns out it was a mistake by UPS. The package tracking shows it was delivered on Fri May 18. I spent the entire weekend wanting to hurt someone real bad for stealing stuff from off my porch. Then today, walking out the front door, there's the package waiting for me. No additional stickers denoting it was re-shipped or just improperly handled, no explanation where it's been for the past 3-4 days (I checked on Sat and they don't deliver on weekends anyway).

Now I'm more inclined to believe the first lost shipment back in Nov was also UPS's fault. That delivery was scheduled for the Wed right before the Thanksgiving holidays and it shows delivered on tracking but was nowhere to be found. I'm confident now thinking the driver dropped the package into a dumpster and started his holiday early.
    Instead of making pithy remarks in response, I'll say that I'm glad it worked out for you.

I have stomach flu because people don't wash their hands properly before handling my food.

Quote Originally Posted by enkoujin View Post
    I have stomach flu because people don't wash their hands properly before handling my food.
    I'm looking at you, MOM
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I don't like people...

"What do you mean I can't get in today!? I have my student card!"
    no, you have last years' student card, if you weren't an ass, you would have posted the damn yearly sticker on the card and then we wouldn't have the damn problem.
    "The paper said it was free entry until 12;00"
    then you shouldn't have showed up at 13:00.
    "I'm not a student, I have band practice! that's the building where I have band practice! why isn't that enough!"
    Because you're a fuckin' idiot, and you should drop dead. asshole.

next week, I'm back to entitled idiots who don't pay and think they deserve something.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    I don't like people...

no, you have last years' student card, if you weren't an ass, you would have posted the damn yearly sticker on the card and then we wouldn't have the damn problem.
    "I'm not a student, I have band practice! that's the building where I have band practice! why isn't that enough!"

next week, I'm back to entitled idiots who don't pay and think they deserve something.
    You a bouncer or something?

They say a job you're good at isn't always a job you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    I don't like people...

Must be something about you, DBZ. I wouldn't approach a big scary looking guy and act like a punk.

Thanks for doing mankind a favour and telling those idiots off. I really hate people who think who can't differentiate between entitled rights and obtaining privileges.

Went in for the extensive physical testing, psych eval, and procedures to get hired on with the local police department after months of applications, background checks, and nearly finishing with the process of getting into academy... and I get disqualified for not listing the one time I tried marijuana a few years ago. Apparently it's ok if you try drugs when you're in your experimental teen years, but if you try them later in life then it surely must have been for recreation and you're a junkie and a liar. Like we all follow the same timeline in life and you're only allowed to do certain fuck ups at certain periods in your life.

It's weird, since everything (and I mean every-fucking-thing) seemed to fall into place as far as becoming a cop, including getting a degree, getting an internship, and going through the entire hiring process as almost a perfect candidate... then this one fuck up has thrown all of that off the track and into a gully where unicorns lived but now they're a bloody mess because a train just crashed into them while they were peacefully eating grass. Now I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do in life. Getting dq'd from this application will also make it harder to apply to other PDs, as they require that you list previous dq's and failures to get hired and why.

Lesson to all, not sure what that lesson is. Life is weird. I guess it goes on, but who the fuck knows what now. Of all the evil shit I haven't done in life, choosing to omit the one time I tried marijuana is enough to basically ruin my chances to do something with my life. Fucking awesome. Hell damn fuck shit hell fuck damn.

...and I get disqualified for not listing the one time I tried marijuana a few years ago. Apparently it's ok if you try drugs when you're in your experimental teen years, but if you try them later in life then it surely must have been for recreation and you're a junkie and a liar. Like we all follow the same timeline in life and you're only allowed to do certain fuck ups at certain periods in your life.
    No, it is because you didn't disclose it. That makes you a liar (by omission), and why you get DQ'd.

That's the exact same way a lot of people lose or are denied DoD security clearance. Honesty is appreciated, don't hide anything, that's how they know they can trust you...which is the whole point. Not declaring that you had a previous bankruptcy (implying money troubles and potential for being bribed or bought off), trips to "hostile" countries, misdemeanor infractions, etc. All of them carry similar weight during the evaluation.

It's not what you forgot to disclose, or even what you did, it's that you didn't disclose it.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Thu, 06-07-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: added relevant part of the quote

Bullshit. If you do disclose it, then it "doesn't necessarily disqualify" you, which is the bullshit they peddle when trying to get you to admit to every little indiscretion they can nail you for. But basically it does disqualify you, period. Except if you disclose it on an application, then they can disqualify you without ever hearing your side of it or getting more details about it. I was hoping by disclosing it in person, then at least I would be able to qualify the omission and come clean. I know how bureaucracies work, they don't look too hard into it when they comb through hundreds or thousands of applications. They look for immediate disqualifiers and you the applicant will never know why you didn't get a callback.

I know how bureaucracies work, they don't look too hard into it when they comb through hundreds or thousands of applications.
    You say you know how they work, but your method still got you disqualified.

From a purely moral point of view, if two choices get you disqualified but one is honest, the other dishonest, anybody desiring to be a police officer should go for the honest one. From your posts during the last couple of years I got the impression you felt a pretty strong call to become a cop, so I find it a little bit strange you tried to scheme your way through.

Bullshit. If you do disclose it, then it "doesn't necessarily disqualify" you, which is the bullshit they peddle when trying to get you to admit to every little indiscretion they can nail you for. But basically it does disqualify you, period. Except if you disclose it on an application, then they can disqualify you without ever hearing your side of it or getting more details about it. I was hoping by disclosing it in person, then at least I would be able to qualify the omission and come clean. I know how bureaucracies work, they don't look too hard into it when they comb through hundreds or thousands of applications. They look for immediate disqualifiers and you the applicant will never know why you didn't get a callback.
    No, that's why you're a moron. It in no way disqualifies you for putting it down. Where I work, DoD Clearance is required, not optional. The applicant doesn't always get interviewed if everything looks good. They ask around instead. They'll interview the people you put down as references, your immediate family, and bounce what you wrote down off their databases. They'll find out you lied, and that's when they disqualify you. You don't get a chance to explain yourself, because that was what the disclosure portions on the forms are for.

A lot of the people I work with openly admitted to previous drug use on the form. They got asked about it. The conversation goes like this:

"So...you used recreational drugs?"
    "In HS/college, yeah, but I don't anymore."
    "Well, as long as you pass the drug test, okay."
    [Moved on to next topic]

You get the chance to explain yourself because you disclosed it. Again, they're not looking for a perfect record, they're looking for honesty. Instead, what you did makes it look like you were trying to hide it. They didn't see it during the disclosure process. Then you told them. Now they know you're deceitful and a liar.

Quit trying to dodge responsibility by blaming it on "The System." You can't blame anyone but yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    You say you know how they work, but your method still got you disqualified.

From a purely moral point of view, if two choices get you disqualified but one is honest, the other dishonest, anybody desiring to be a police officer should go for the honest one. From your posts during the last couple of years I got the impression you felt a pretty strong call to become a cop, so I find it a little bit strange you tried to scheme your way through.
    I think there's a lot of discretion involved in the selection process, and I relied on that that my one indiscretion would not disqualify me. I wanted to get into the process, and putting down that I had tried a drug would have precluded that, which in hindsight would have saved me a lot of time and effort and might have been the right way to go. I did have a strong calling to be a cop, possibly even a divine calling for it. But I guess I misread the cards or god was dicking around with me. Who knows, maybe this is one of those "one door closes, another opens" or some shit. It's hard to see that now since I'm still feeling gut-kicked over this.

I think "scheming my way through" is an assholish way to put it. I wanted to be able to present my case, so I omitted the fact that I tried a drug one time. Too often one negative factor is all it takes for your application to be thrown in the garbage. So I'm not perfect, but I am 99.9% perfect to be a cop and a good person, or at least I thought. I guess all the fatties and slackabouts I've seen with this PD are more suited than I am to be cops.

Thinking you have a divine calling to be a cop, combined from what we know about your views thanks to your posts here, quite frankly, I'm glad.

You're exactly the type of person who should never be allowed to become one.