Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Going on Vacation" Thread

The Official I'll Be Gone Thread

Have fun on your trip Bud! [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

Yallo, if you come back to time i'll keep away from the booze...

In 9 hours i'll be leaving port...

How awesome is that?

leaving for a month for shanghai, wait, i'm already there. ahh, i was too late, shoulda posted 20 days ago.

Jounin

WTF.. I just return, and then your leaving.. ffs.. Your my anime/manga guru.. you better be having a real good time if your going to skip your guru-duties.. And you better get at least one Virgin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Cheers Bud!!

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

The "I'm Going on Vacation" Thread

Going on a vacation?
    Post about it here!

I am going to be studying for a semester at the University of Bologna in Italy. I'm leaving tomorrow night and won't be back in the old USA for several months. I am being put up in a hotel for 2 weeks but then I need to find an apartment or place to live in. My university in the States requires that all of my classes taken abroad be taught in the native tongue. Io posso parlare l'Italiano, ma non bene. So its going to be a really craze trying to adjust to a new culture and language and doing school stuff at the same time.

If anyone swings through Bologna feel free to look me up. I also plan on travelling around Europe when I have the free time. Somehow I doubt I'll make it to Sweden (bit far away)... so I won't be able to meet the infamous Terracosmo or any of you other nutty Swedes.

At first I was going to post this in one of the "Goodbye" threads, but those seem to be members' personal goodbyes and I don't really want to infringe on those. And then I got to thinking, I'm probably not going to say "Goodbye", because I'm not really leaving Gotwoot forever (don't look so disappointed!), so a "Goodbye" thread would be silly.

Then again.... I'm not going on vacation either... I'm actually taking a semester to study abroad. Still, well, you get the general point. Figure this thread might become a place for discussion of travel plans and maybe a way for Gotwoot members to rendezvous with each other.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

The "I'm Going on Vacation" topic

I stopped reading at "University of Bologna"

I actually read the whole thing but all i picked up was that he will study in some place Italy and that he won't make it to Sweden, so i take it that we won't see you posting for an entire semester then?

Funny little note: Semester means vacation in swedish, there now i taught you a new word.

i read the whole thing...i dont know why, but i did. and for no reason at all, in middle school i took italian and well, tu e` stupido. what the hell is university of bologna?

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

I'm back from the seas!!! lol

Nice idea for a topic. I think I'll sticky it. Try to make it to Sweden, I'll show you how to drink!

I had created a similar topic a while back...

http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...=11&threadid=15588

Oh fuck, I forgot that one. Ah well, guess we'll go with this one now anyway since I stickied it.

*lazy admin*

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Bologna is not just a cheap and nasty deli meat. It is a city in central Italy, the capital of the Emilia-Romagna region, traditionally one of the wealthiest areas in Italy due to its flatness (therefore being the most lucrative agricultural area of Italy) and good weather. Here's a map for you really stupid ones...

It is also called "The Kitchen" of Italy, because of its restaurants and fresh markets.

The University of Bologna is the oldest European university that is still in existence. It was founded in 1088. Its considered one of Italy's best universities for traditional arts and sciences (humanities, social sciences, economics, the stuff I study). It is somewhat of a "college town", as so much of the city is based around the university.

Obviously you should have figured out from this post that this journey isn't going to mean I'm not going to appear around the forums. Tough shit if you were hoping I'd be gone for a long time.
    Damnit Bud. I tried like ten searches so I would avoid remaking a topic. "I'll be gone" weren't any of the words I searched...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

You should visit Venice to get some exquisite glass items. They have long traditions.

Originally posted by: masamuneehs
    It is somewhat of a "college town", as so much of the city is based around the university.
    That's kinda like my city. The whole point of living here is for the University of Waterloo

well, i'm going to europe this summer (kinda like a eurotrip) for a week, then i'm getting into taiwan, but you can tell me great sights for italy when you get back....if your back.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Right after I graduate I'm leaving for Korea for a year and then London for another 2.

Im going to maiami........(sigh) Its gonna be horrible. Meh, I've been to Europe, nothing special, except Venice. Venice was fun.

Originally posted by: Xollence
    Right after I graduate I'm leaving for Korea for a year and then London for another 2.
    I went to Korea for a Taekwondo trip a few years ago. Beautiful country. I really enjoyed my time there.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

I love going on boat rides in venice.....