Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Going on Vacation" Thread

The "I'm Going on Vacation" topic

Originally posted by: Phoenix20578
    Originally posted by: Xollence
    Right after I graduate I'm leaving for Korea for a year and then London for another 2.
    I went to Korea for a Taekwondo trip a few years ago. Beautiful country. I really enjoyed my time there.
    Hehe yeah I love it. Everything's so close by. It's like Palisades Park.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

Ok, as soon as I finish exams (about mid-April) I'm going to the UK for 5-6 weeks of awesome vacation! I hope to see some of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. For low budget travelling, one of my friends recommended to me two sites: one is Global Freeloaders and the other is Couch Surfing. I'm just wondering if anyone here has done any travelling with either of these and has any recommendations/warnings. Secondly, I was wondering if anyone wants to recommend some must-see places or attractions within the UK. I'm still planning out my travel route, so anything is possible right now. The one thing that I have down as a 'for sure' on my list of things to do, is hiking a portion of Hadrian's Wall. I read a lot of historical fiction about Britain under the Roman Empire when I was a kid, and I've always wanted to go to the wall and see it.

Nice thread. I just got my tickets last week for my summer vacation trip. First, Ill be flying into Edinburgh, Scotland for some whiskey, hiking and golf (not necessarily in that order). Then off to Amsterdam (mmmmmmm....) to visit an old friend. Last and certainly not least, I will be heading to Frankfurt for the World Cup to get hammered while watching some great Futbol!
    Currently watching: One Piece, Black Lagoon, Bleach, Death Note, Suzumiya Haruhi,
    The 12 Kingdoms, and Soukou no Strain (kinda)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#blood-scanlations~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just bought my ticket... back to Canaduh from march 15th to the 26th.

ive been in korea for about 2 months now, and im goin to the phillipines for my vaction next month

Heading out to New Orleans for spring break, and i have come to the conclusion that my foot is healing to fast to be broken( no doctors were consulted ) so doing deconstruction work down there should be fine.

Merged the old "I'll be gone thread" with this one, just in case anyone is wondering

Budweineken
    Last edited by Munsu; Fri, 03-24-2006 at 04:47 PM.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    in barcelona for the weekend.

there are sooo many whores here its really out of control...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Only a little over a week until my grand tour commences! My vacation might also be renamed 'Visiting gotwoot members all over the globe', since I'm going to see many of you. If I'm coming through your area and you'd like to meet up for coffee, let me know and maybe I can schedule something in. Right now my tentative itinerary is as follows:
    April 19 - Fly to London
    April 23 - Trek over to Cardiff
    -visiting various locations in Wales here-
    April 26 - Go to Birmingham
    April 30 - Explore around Newcastle
    May 5 - Random adventures in Scotland
    May 17 - Hang out in the very exciting city of Chester
    -Come back to London at some point -
    May 23 - Fly back to Canada
    -Recover from jet lag-
    May 26 - Fly to California
    -Go to GW meetup, chill with some of the most awesome GW people -
    May 30 - Take the train up the coast to Vancouver
    -Partying in Vancouver, hopefully it won't be raining-
    June 6 - Fly back to Ontario

I can't wait. This is going to be the best vacation ever!!!

Taking a road trip to Washington DC with some of my highschool buddies after the Easter Break. It's not really a vacation since it's only 4 hours away. We're probably gonna stay there for 2 days max.

Cant wait to hit the phillipines later this month..i was told the chicks are beautiful AND will get down for an ice cream cone and a smile (my jacuzzi suite wont hurt either). Im also taking absinthe whilst there, and i plan on making a film....that you all can watch on my website for $9.99

HAHAHA...Got you!! just kidding; that would be wrong...
    Last edited by rockmanj; Mon, 04-10-2006 at 10:17 AM.

@ KitKat:
    Wow! You are going to Great-Britain! When I went there (few years ago during the summer time), it was cold and rainy. So make sure you bring some warm clothes and an umbrella!!!

I am also going on vaction during the week off.
    Here is my vacation schedule for the week starting from this Friday:
    Friday-Monday: Toronto
    Monday-Wednesday: Washington
    Wednesday-Thursday: Philadelphia
    Friday: on the way back to Montréal

@KitKat... See you in about 2 months from now. Hope you enjoy your trip. See lots of Castles and who knows maybe stay in one for a night or two. Eat lots of Pinguins, and bring some back for us too, PLEASE! Have fun bumming it at AngelEyes' and don't wash too many dishes, ok. Take lots of pics.... You will be misses. Don't forget to carry your "mase" especially when you go to the gotwoot rolleyes meet up. lol. I also hope you do well on your finals, and when you rule the world; I get to live on the beach eating your home made cookies. *tear*

@ rockmanj ... have fun man, and make sure all those girls are over 18 DAMNIT lol . You know i am just playing with you. But your thought sometimes make me wonder, you know. Especially this one about making a movie and having a cover charge to view you....I might just have to keep a closer eye on you.... pervert.

@gr3atfull Have fun.

@masa... all i have to say protection ... protection.......protection. Remember most of them don't like being called "whores", unless they are, but still. Enjoy.
    Last edited by dragonrage; Wed, 04-12-2006 at 10:40 AM.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

^^ Thanks, I am sure I will.

I just came back home from Taipei, Taiwan after a 3 week stay there. Cool place where culture is heavily influenced by Japan. Next trip: Tokyo and Akihabara!
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    I just came back home from Taipei, Taiwan after a 3 week stay there. Cool place where culture is heavily influenced by Japan. Next trip: Tokyo and Akihabara!
    lol I'm guessing you're going there for the gundam model kits that are on sale?

Ovan, The Rebirth

Haha, not really, it was more of a work related trip. I did want to get the MG Zeta, but I got these instead.

"Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Heh, it doesn't surprise me that Psyke got Sentei figures on his trip, but that he only got that many

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

You don't have a clue how much stuff I have. I'm in the midst of getting a new apartment. Will post pics when my renovations are done.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Haha, Psyke couldn't resist the allure of new figurines. Sounds like you're having a great time travelling around.

This is my official goodbye. After months of planning, I'm finally leaving! I can't believe it. I might be back once in a while, but you likely won't see much of me until mid-June. If anyone would like a postcard, send me your address and keep an eye on your mail. If I already have your address, then chances are I'll send you a postcard whether you want one or not
    Take care, Gotwoot. Good luck with exams, to everyone that is still writing them. I'll see you all when I get back!

Have a fun, and safe trip!