Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Going on Vacation" Thread

@KitKat....have a wonderful trip, will monitor your webpage for updates. Although i don't know you very long, I will miss you.

Hope your apetite for adventure and travel is satisfied. Make sure you come back to us in one piece.

See ya soon.

good bye
    Last edited by dragonrage; Tue, 04-18-2006 at 04:40 AM.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat
    Haha, Psyke couldn't resist the allure of new figurines. Sounds like you're having a great time travelling around.

This is my official goodbye. After months of planning, I'm finally leaving! I can't believe it. I might be back once in a while, but you likely won't see much of me until mid-June. If anyone would like a postcard, send me your address and keep an eye on your mail. If I already have your address, then chances are I'll send you a postcard whether you want one or not
    Take care, Gotwoot. Good luck with exams, to everyone that is still writing them. I'll see you all when I get back!
    Do take care of yourself Kit, and we'll be here waiting for your return! In the meantime have fun and enjoy yourself!
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    @ Kitkat "You'll be Baaaaaaaack!"

Seriously though, good luck in the future and out there in that scary 'real world' place. Hopefully you'll still have time to enjoy yourself. We'll all miss you around here.

Have at it girl.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

*cry* We will miss you KK! ZOMG you must try to get to a PC if you can during the trip to say hey!

Have a blast!
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    I thought I'd give you guys a quick update on my trip. It's been awesome so far. I saw all the London-y things that tourists are obliged to see, and then stopped in Cardiff and wandered around some castles whilst eating Welsh cakes. Now I am in the historic city of York, staying at a university residence, and planning to go out partying with them tonight as many are just finishing their exams. And I got my grades back, and found out that I didn't fail Engineering Economics after all, so I'll be celebrating the certainty of my graduation tonight as well. I miss you guys, I'll try to check back in the next time I'm at a computer.

You should post a pic of you, a couple of longbowmen (a Briton friend assured me these are still the sharpest edge of the British army) with a castle of your choice in the background.

I hope the rest of your trip will go as well, and the famous (or infamous rather) British weather will be pleasant enough.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Indeed, Pictures are needed KitKat.

Fly safe and have the most fun you can before you have to come back to you RL and RL problems. Make sure you still check in on us every now and again.
    image fail!

Oooh, I'm jealous... just one more week for me! :-P

Im leavin in like 4 hours...hope the forumes and IRC are ok without me

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat
    I thought I'd give you guys a quick update on my trip. It's been awesome so far. I saw all the London-y things that tourists are obliged to see, and then stopped in Cardiff and wandered around some castles whilst eating Welsh cakes. Now I am in the historic city of York, staying at a university residence, and planning to go out partying with them tonight as many are just finishing their exams. And I got my grades back, and found out that I didn't fail Engineering Economics after all, so I'll be celebrating the certainty of my graduation tonight as well. I miss you guys, I'll try to check back in the next time I'm at a computer.

glad to hear you're enjoying your trip, and yeah pics would be nice. Cheers, heres to your graduation. Your presences is truly missed but i guess thats how it is. Continue to enjoy your vacation.

Rockmanj... remember to make sure they are legal, damnit lol... Have a great time, enjoy yourself.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Yeah we need pics Kit Kat! Congratulations on your graduation as well, and hope to hear more of your trip soon.

For me I've just booked my tickets to Tokyo in end July, and I'm counting down the days when I visit Tokyo and Akihabara! Woo hoo~
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

oh man, this place is great...i should visit manila more often

this is sorta weird and i guess it counts as vacation because technically i'm taking a break from school and what I've been doing for the past couple months...

I'm returning home for a couple days to the good old USA. Spending some time with family and friends who are still in the old hometown, then going up to school for a weekend. The weekend happens to be the weekend of the school's big concert and my frat's formal, which is always a blast.

Why would I leave beautiful Europe, get jetlagged going West, shell out tons of dough, get used to the time change, get jetlagged coming back East and then having to cram for my last finals?

Seniors are graduating. I got to see the aging motherfuckers off, it wouldn't feel right if i didn't do a proper goodbye to the people i've spent about all of college with, some of which only god knows when I'll see again. Oh, and they have no clue I'm coming back, and i've planned out the absolute best time to make my surprise entrance. And I'll be shacking up with my girl up at school, and that's always fun.

But yeah, the old wallet is taking a beating from this trip... oh well, they say you can't take it with you anyway.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Hey guys. I guess technically this isn't a vacation, but anyway, I graduated last night and I'm about to pull the plug on my computer and head home. Since we have dial up everything is annoyingly slow so I don't know how often I'll come back to post and whatnot. But it's been fun, even though I've only hung around here for a short time. This forum has made for a great way to procrastinate and get info! Hehe.

So I bid you toodles (yes, toodles - it's what I say), and have fun downloading!!

Nicole T.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Sianora!! (yes, sianora - it's what I say) we'll miss you. come back asap

ty psj for this sig

Ahoj e Ahoj!

I'm going to be in Praha in the Česká republika until some time next week. As such you probably won't see much of me, although I'm sure I'll wind up at an internet cafe to bore you with my stories and immoderate some noobs.

Here's to the hope that the old Bloc is as cheap as they say it is! (although, since everyone knows Prague as a tourist spot I'm sure even their crappy exchange rate (22 Czech Korun -crowns- to the dollar 28 Korun to the Euro) won't keep them from trying to rip the rich westerners off.

Ahoj!

The beer is supposed to be very good there, but don't drink yourself senseless despite of that (well, not too many times, anyway).

czech republic is everything i hoped it would be.

tons of beautiful blodne girls, kickass clubs, some nice sights in the city

best of all, shit is so damn cheap. Beers are around 30 krowns and up thatts like 1.50dollar. i can hardly beleive i can spend so much time and get such great food, go to a club and wind up only spending like 30 dollars in a night.

Sounds nice Masa. If you liked the women in the Czech republic you should visit Sweden Norway or Denmark, in my opinion Scandinavian girls are the hottest in Europe.

In 12 days i'm going to Bulgaria to party with my friends. 5kr(swedish money) for one shot of tequila down there, that's like 65 cents, i don't know what the price on a shot of Tequila is in all your home countries but in Sweden it costs you at least 5 bucks at most places.

EDIT: Okay so today i'm going to Bulgaria, see you suckers in a week!
    Last edited by PSJ; Wed, 05-31-2006 at 12:29 AM.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Alright, update on where I'm at!

Last night at 5am, after 42 straight hours on the train/bus, I finally arrived in Vancouver. I have two words that describe my trip: Freight Delay. See, I learned that Amtrak doesn't actually own the railroad tracks. They get to use them for free, and sell very cheap train tickets because of that. The downside is that Union Pacific does own the tracks, and therefore the freight trains always have first priority. We spent a lot of time sitting and waiting for them to go by. This resulted in an accumulated 6.5 hour delay, which the train conductor managed to whittle down to 5 hours by some speedy driving near the end of the trip. My one other complaint is that my train car was minus a billion degrees, and I had trouble sleeping the first night because I was so cold. I was wearing half my clothes - pyjamas underneath jeans, multiple shirts - and I still froze. They fixed it the next day and the following night I slept the sleep of the dead.

The train journey itself was gorgeous. We wound through the Sacremento River Valley, passed by Crater Lake, travelled high into the Cascade Mountains; every hour brought new and beautiful scenery. Even though it took a really long time, I'm glad I took the train instead of flying. I'm only sad that we came into Seattle when it was dark. I would have liked to see that mountain that Seattle has nearby.

So yes, lots of fun in Vancouver ahead the next few days! After this, my 7 week vacation is officiallly over, and I have to go back to the real world, and find a job and stuff. *Sigh*