Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Going on Vacation" Thread

Oooooooooo, Vancouver's a beautiful city. Lots of great food and shopping. Hope you'll have a blast there.

In 2 days, I'm leaving for Hultsfred, which is the most renowned summer festival here in Sweden.

3 days of music and great company, and more booze than I can possibly handle.

It will RAWK.

Quote Originally Posted by Terracosmo
    In 2 days, I'm leaving for Hultsfred, which is the most renowned summer festival here in Sweden.

3 days of music and great company, and more booze than I can possibly handle.

It will RAWK.

Drink as much as you can, or as much as you want to, have fun. But come back to us disease free, okay,.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage
    Drink as much as you can, or as much as you want to, have fun. But come back to us disease free, okay,.
    Would that imply that terra will be picking up anti-diseases on his trip?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

well you know him better than i do so. I trust your word. Poor Terra, you will be missed.
    ___

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    i just came back from Amsterdam. One of these days I'm going to do a very detailed 'Masa ranks Europe' post in this thread, but until then, imagine how kickass Amsterdam was, now multiply that by ten and you'll have an idea.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

And here's a report of my adventures at the summer festival I attended.
    It consisted of 3 days, day X, day Y and day Z, which shared a common theme: no sleep, and LOTS of alcohol.

Day X was ever so cute. I went around and played J-Pop on my stereo, it was so fucking hilarious how everybody would look at me and my mates (let's just say that the average swede doesn't know very much about japanese music). I had a blackout later towards the evening and then woke up at 11 PM. My mates took me to see a band and a girl came up to me and said "want a beer?" which I started drinking and then we made out (man, that girl sure knew how to pick up guys..). Overall, great day. I looked so hot in my pink shades and jeans with torn sides lol

Day Y was wonderful. Drunk as fuck (I was gone as early as 6 am) and I also met Karin there who ended up being my "festival girlfriend" (we held hands and partied together during the remainder of the festival, and yes, had sex a couple of times.. great sex too by the way). She called me beautiful! Wee! I love being called beautiful. It's a great word. Anyway I also saw HIM live and I was in the absolute front ^^ I could almost touch Ville Valo's legs. Orgasmic.

Day Z was also great though I was feeling a bit sick. Alcohol solved that problem. Drunk as fuck once again and watched several bands. I got a free cider from a bartender too. She said "can you lower the volume of music coming from the stage?" and I was like "wtf lol how could I do that? By using mental powers? The stage is at the other side of the festival". And JUST when I said that, the volume lowered itself. The bartender was like "what the hell! how did you do that?" and I got a free cider LOL. She was probably drunk too.

All in all, awesome festival, will definitely go again next year. And in a week I will probably meet Karin again. Good days!

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    not really a vacation, but I'm returning from Italy in three days, June 21st. I'll be at home for just under a week before I go up to school for summer session.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Tomorrow I'm heading out for London, England. A few days after that I'll be flying to China for a few weeks (visiting Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Xian) which will be awesome. After that I'll be heading back to England to spend the rest of the Summer with my family who lives there.

I won't be using the computer as much, so this is "goodbye until August, Gotwoot". But I'll be checking in from time to time - especially to see how GWS is progressing. See y'all later and enjoy your Summer.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I haven't been posting lately because I'm on my honeymoon. Wohoo! I got married June seventeenth, and the last few days have been awesome. I'll give a full report (minus the hotel room antics) once I get back home; I hate using the computers at the Holiday Inn.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Congratulations on the marriage!

Me, starting on July the 2nd I'll be visiting San Francisco (the only city in the USA which I actually like), and will be staying there for twenty days or so, doing... I dunno, things most of you would think utterly boring? I can't drink without spending the next three days throwing up anyway....

Yeah, well, wish me luck. I love Frisco.

無理してここまでやってきて これからもすっと同じだろう
    それでも何かを信じたい 心の奥の声

I think I might be going to Sweden for some 2-day workshop in end September. Some place called Kista in Stockholm (???).

Since there seems to be a good many Swedes in this forum (with Terra coming first to mind ^^), just wondered if anyone can offer any good travel advice. Like what's the weather gonna be like, whether the hotels are gonna cost a bomb in Kista, any nice sightseeing sites nearby etc etc...
    =)

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    China's pretty great, but I can't see the fucking sky. What's up with that? Is it pollution or perhaps just the humidity? I'm in Shanghai at the moment and loving it, but after 4 days of shrimp and rice I needed some Western food. Thank God for America's grasp on the rest of the world (which I'd usually complain about). Chinese Pizza Hut for the win.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Chinese Pizza Hut for the win.
    A restaurant in China owned by Americans offering Italian food. Yeah. Sounds like a genuine (spaghetti) Western place alright...

Quote Originally Posted by smilealwiz
    I think I might be going to Sweden for some 2-day workshop in end September. Some place called Kista in Stockholm
    I have liked Stockholm a lot, the few times I have been there. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Budweineken
    This thread is to make an announcement such as, "I'll be gone for a month because I'm taking a roadtrip"...

Mainly starting this thread to announce that I'll be gone for two weeks starting Saturday... I'll be heading to the Virgin Islands...

Now now, it's ok... no need to cry, I'll be back... I promise, unless I drown myself in booze...

cya around
    A year has passed, and now I'll be going on this trip once again... Be back in two weeks.

safe trip man. enjoy the islands and have fun reading your book. We will await your return. seeya in a few.

enjoy
    ___

I will be leaving for Tokyo in 4 days time! I'm going to attend the Ultraman Festival as this year marks the 40th anniversary of Ultraman, and will visit other places as well. Here is a peek at my itinerary:

27-Jul Day 1, Thu

- Arrival in Narita
    - Travel to Ikebukukro
    - Check-in Ryokan (traditional inn)
    - Visit Sunshine City
    - Attend ULFES Special Night (meet the stars session)

28-Jul Day 2, Fri

- Attend Ultraman Festival
    - Visit Bandai Museum (Gundam!)
    - Yamashiroya
    - Tokyo Towers (night scenery)

29-Jul Day 3, Sat
    - Odaiba
    - Akihabara (maid cafe, anime stuff)
    - Asakusa Temple (lucky charms)

30-Jul Day 4, Sun

- Visit to Studio Ghibli (Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro)
    - Nakano Broadway Toy Hunting
    - Harajuku / Shibuya
    - Shinjuku / Kabuki-cho

31-Jul Day 5, Mon
    - Ultraman Street
    - Yokohama (if possible)

Can't wait till Thursday, but I've got a shit load of work now and even more waiting for me when I come back....
    Last edited by Psyke; Sun, 07-23-2006 at 09:50 AM.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    29-Jul Day 3, Sat
    - Odaiba
    - Akihabara (maid cafe, anime stuff)
    Right, right...

Serious!

It's a pretty big tourist attraction, especially in Akihabara......
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Quote Originally Posted by smilealwiz
    I think I might be going to Sweden for some 2-day workshop in end September. Some place called Kista in Stockholm (???).

Since there seems to be a good many Swedes in this forum (with Terra coming first to mind ^^), just wondered if anyone can offer any good travel advice. Like what's the weather gonna be like, whether the hotels are gonna cost a bomb in Kista, any nice sightseeing sites nearby etc etc...
    =)
    The weather is gonna suck. Rainy and cloudy all the time. I don't think Kista even has any hotels, never been there. And sightseeing, well if you find anything cool to see give me a call. To my knowledge there is hardly anything worth seeing in this country at all, exept for me of course.