Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Going on Vacation" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    For fuck's sake SK...
    OWNED.

Vacation starts today for me. I'm going on a cruise to the Bahamas and I'm pretty excited about it since its my first time on one. I heard their pretty awesome.

I'll see you all in a week!
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

My week long vacation starts today! 7 days of home time!
    my plans? pass the driving test and get it over with. Meet some friends, watch some anime, play somegames, post around the forums, nothing special.

Woo hoooooooooo~ Going to Tokyo in 2 days time! Will be spending 6 days there, so expect lots of pics when I'm back. More details of my itinerary can be found via link in sig.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    ...so expect lots of pics when I'm back.
    You better keep that promise, man!

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Better do it, Psyke. He sounds serious!

Seriously though, have fun.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Haha will do. Logging in from the airport now, so hoping to catch some zzzs on the plane. See ya guys in a week.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Well, this isn't really a vacation, but it's pretty close. I've just gotten a job offer to work at a summer camp as their Baker, in the Muskoka Lake region up north. I've pretty much decided to take the job, so all that remains is the paperwork. My training will start next week, and I'll begin work at my camp the week after that. The down side of this arrangement is that the entire camp has one computer, so I'll likely won't be on email or forums much. The up side is that I get to spend all day baking bread, muffins, cookies, pies, and cakes, and get paid for it! When I'm not working I'll be able to go sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, etc. My room and board is all free, and their focus is on providing nutritious and delicious home-cooked food, so I think this could turn out to be a pretty awesome summer.

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat
    The up side is that I get to spend all day baking bread, muffins, cookies, pies, and cakes, and get paid for it!
    Sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

Congrats. Hope you have fun.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    That.....sounds.....awesome.

How long will you be gone for KitKat? (Not familiar with Northern Hemisphere vacation periods.) As a baker, they'll expect you to wake up really early, won't they? I bet you all those guys will come back from the camp gaining a few pounds of muffin goodness.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Have fun, KitKat!

You'll be missed here for sure, but it's more important you bake good food there!

Sounds delicious! Do post some pics of your muffins and cookies when you can, and take care!

Gets more ass than a toilet seat! Eurasian's Avatar
    I'm glad you found a job!!! I'll totally miss you though!!!!
    And please send some baked goods down this way. =P

I tried my best...

I'm taking a vaction...
    7 days of kicking back, no work, no army, no bullshit.

lot's of doing nothing, though.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Death BOO Z, I hope you have a wonderful time. Being able to do nothing can be really fantastic.

So, update on my job - they have wireless at the camp! Beautiful, blissful wireless. So, I don't have to be separated from my forums Still, I probably won't be able to download anime, so you guys won't see me much in anime discussion again until the fall. My contract starts next week, and ends August 30th. I'll definitely try to get some fun pictures for you guys when I get settled in.

I just got back from a week in California. I went with my family to the Yosemite National Park. This morning I finished uploading about 120 pictures to Facebook, so I thought I'd post some here. We did some hiking, lots of sightseeing, river rafting that was really cold, and saw some Giant Redwoods. All in all, very fun.

The view from pretty much any location in the park was amazing. This was my favorite:

I have several pictures standing next to this waterfall, but this is the most impressive:

Gorgeous!!

Me looking very rugged standing next to the river we rafted on:

MOAR rafts. Me and my bro:

The Giant Sequoias weren't as tall as I imagined, but they were all pretty huge.

It rained on the last day there and made the view of the mountains very cool and eerie:

If anyone has me on facebook, or actually cares, there's a buttload more up there. Otherwise, these ones are suitably cool.

Blog Entries
    Looking good xan, that place looks awesome.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Those trees look huge!! That's coming from a guy who's never really seen big trees, but still. I liked how you included the rainy pic. It really contrasts with the previous sunny shots. Really shows how a bit of lighting can make a gorgeous mountain into a kinda scary cliff of sorts.

Not to mention, you look pretty fit there, Xan.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Holy shit, I went to Cali for vacation with my family and I visited San Fran (have some family there) and got to go see Hollywood. But now I really really wish I went to that park you visited! Those pics you posted are really something Xan. Very nice!
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

It certainly looks like a really amazing place!