Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Movie Recommendations

Movie recommendations

@Chaoskiddo: Yes, and also this awesome one.

"With women, it's always one of two things. Either they won't sleep with you, and then there's really no need to ever call them again. Or they DO sleep with you... and then there's really no need to ever call them again." - Monty

Movie recommendations

That Jet Li movie Fearless seems awesome. Jet Li was definitely the king of kicking ass ever. U should watch his Wong Fei Hung movies

Movie recommendations

I reccomend SLC Punk!
    SLC=Salt Lake City
    Punk=well you should know
    I love this movie, its pretty funny or i dont know kinda random maybe hmm.......but here see for your self Movie Info

I'm official.

Movie recommendations

Capote

I just saw this movie and my impression was "what the fuck was this shit". God damn waste of my time. This Truman fellow must be really liked in america for this is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The only reason this movie got nominated for an oscar must have been out of sheer principle. Boring movies win oscars. It was really funny and sad that they tried so hard to hide Truman's extreme faggyness, but their deceptive maneuvers were no match for me. And that fucking voice, If Truman spoke like that in real life I am truly surprised that he lived as long as he did.

Don't watch this movie, unless you are ready to fight the urge to kill yourself and everyone in your vincinity.

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.

Movie recommendations

Battle Royale 1

Best movie i have ever seen
    and since i suck at making review of something i like... well go to the website below for a long, nice review with picture and stuff...
    go there: http://www.mandiapple.com/snowblood/battleroyale.htm

Battle Royale 2 from my point of view is not better than Battle Royale 1, but that just my opinion

Movie recommendations

Originally posted by: BioAlien
    Battle Royale 1

Best movie i have ever seen
    and since i suck at making review of something i like... well go to the website below for a long, nice review with picture and stuff...
    go there: http://www.mandiapple.com/snowblood/battleroyale.htm

Battle Royale 2 from my point of view is not better than Battle Royale 1, but that just my opinion
    Yah, Omg. My friend told me about it. Its about these kids who are put on an island and have to kill eachother until only one survives. And the teenagers are given absolutly random weapons. Sounds like a shallow movie though..........

Movie recommendations

Dear god, never watch Battle Royale 2. That is the biggest piece of crap movie that came out of Japan I have ever seen. Imagine a made-for-TV movie, but drag it down even further. That's the shallow movie you don't want to see.

The first one is an amazing must see. It's really not as shallow as you might think. There's a lot of depth to the reason why the adults are putting high school kids on this island. I've heard the manga by the same name is better, but if you're short on time, Battle Royale is a great movie.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar

Movie recommendations

Does anyone have a torrent link for Battle Royale? I'd like to see it. I've looked through several engines but can't find one with english subs.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Movie recommendations

Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
    Does anyone have a torrent link for Battle Royale? I'd like to see it. I've looked through several engines but can't find one with english subs.
    EDIT: The previous torrent had no seeds.
    Battle Royale

Movie recommendations

Thanks alot El_boss. But do you need BitLord to be able to download the file? Because I use Bitcomet and there are no seeds.

Movie recommendations

You should be able to find that movie at DVD rental places, as well, if you can't find working downloads. Dunno about the Director's Cut, though.

Movie recommendations

Leon / The Professional

This movie is either called "Leon" or "The Professional" depending on where you are in the world. It's one of the best movies I've ever seen, and it's not as well known as it should be. It came out in 1994, the best movie year in history (Pulp Fiction, Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump). I'm not very good at reviewing movies, but I know a good movie when I see one. Go to the IMDB link for more info.

Movie recommendations

Crimson Tide (IMDB Link)

Plot Outline: On a US nuclear missile sub, a young first officer stages a mutiny to prevent his trigger happy captain from launching his missiles before confirming his orders to do so.

This is one of my all time favs... its really gripping throughout and even when it comes to the climax you know what the options are that it could be happening but you still are at the edge of your seats. Make sure you watch this.

Movie recommendations

Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command

Leon / The Professional

This movie is either called "Leon" or "The Professional" depending on where you are in the world. It's one of the best movies I've ever seen, and it's not as well known as it should be. It came out in 1994, the best movie year in history (Pulp Fiction, Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump). I'm not very good at reviewing movies, but I know a good movie when I see one. Go to the IMDB link for more info.
    Holy shit was this a good movie. I've taken the liberty of making a very small review:

This 12 year old girl's parents are killed by some drug dealer whos a cop. Even the girls younger brother was killed. The girl goes to this assassin and is trained to kill. She wants revenge. This movie should have already caught your attention.

Movie recommendations

I just saw Shinobi: Heart Under Blade. One of the best movies I've ever seen. As many of you probably know it is related to the Basilisk anime.

The story, music, characters and so on were all amazing. It moved me in many ways, to say the least. SEE IT NOW!

Oh and the theme song "Heaven" by Ayumi Hamasaki is just one of her many orgasmic songs. Man I could die for her, that's how great her music is.

The Descent

I hadn't heard of this movie so I didn't know what to expect but nevertheless I was plesantly surprised. The atmosphere was conveyed well. I really liked the tension and the sense of seclusion.

If you're looking for a movie to scare the living bejeezus out of any woman-folk (and man-folk for that matter) nearby, this is the movie for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Terracosmo
    I just saw Shinobi: Heart Under Blade. One of the best movies I've ever seen. As many of you probably know it is related to the Basilisk anime.

The story, music, characters and so on were all amazing. It moved me in many ways, to say the least. SEE IT NOW!

Oh and the theme song "Heaven" by Ayumi Hamasaki is just one of her many orgasmic songs. Man I could die for her, that's how great her music is.
    Wow... I guess people really do have different tastes. I for one, thought that movie sucked.

Anyways... Fearless is good... Jet Li's new movie.

Upstate, south side, west region, east of the 7-11.
    MOVIES TO SEE:

-oceans 11
    -40 year old virgin
    -crash
    -king kong
    -batman beginS

BAD MOVIES
    -scary movie 3
    -dukes of hazard
    -fast n furios 2
    -hills have eyes

MOVIES YOU DONT WANT YOUR MOM TO CATCH YOU WITH...
    Debbie does Dallas

Made by IFHTT
    “Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth; and God has placed in the human heart a desire to know the truth—in a word, to know himself—so that, by knowing and loving God, men and women may also come to the fullness of truth about themselves.” Pope John Paul II

My views on the Shinobi movie has changed considerably (for the worse) after watching Basilisk.
    Still a film worth watching, though.

Oh and to the person who wrote that Battle Royale sounded shallow (a bunch of posts ago): How dare you!!!!

It's indeed one of the best movies ever made.

Woohoo I have a sticky thread

Let's celebrate this jouoys occasion with some awesome movie recommendations .

Das Experiment

It's about a experiment in a prison environment. It's one of the best movies I have ever seen. I don't think any other movie has made me feel as much as this. I was literally shaking from excitement.

10/10

Science of Sleep

Really fucked up movie and really funny.

9/10

Stranger than Fiction

Also really strange and funny. If you liked Adaptation you will love this. It has a sort of similar vibe as Click.

9/10

The Prestige + The Illusionist

Similar movies and both very good. Gotta love Christian Bale and Edward Norton.

9/10

And lastly a warning

Half Nelson

Almost as bad as Capote. What is up with the oscar's and boring pretentious pieces of shit? Seriously on of the most useless movies ever. NOTHING HAPPENS!!! I can sum up the plot of this movie in on sentence. Warning might contain spoiler. A teacher on drugs. That's it. No need to see it.

I don't know maybe 2/10 since it did have a sex scene after all.