Page 138 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 2934

Thread: Post your picture yet again

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

Gig last night. Every picture taken was blurry as shit, but this one came out looking cool. Makes me look like Todd Ingram from Scott Pilgrim.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Blog Entries
    Oh look, it's that time of the year again

Holy shit, there are alot of surprises in here.

Me trying to look suave.
    Attachment 414

This is sort of how I was dressed for part of my role early in Sept, except most of the time I had a tan or tan/camo jacket instead of a dark green/camo jacket. FYI, I'm trying to look as dumb and slack-jawed as possible.

Bonus, me as a tree-hugger:

and, what the hell. Normal me:

Last edited by Cal_kashi; Sun, 10-03-2010 at 03:37 AM.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam98034 View Post
    Me trying to look suave.
    Attachment 414
    Love the suit, what i can see of it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Love the suit, what i can see of it anyway
    Thx. And Cal_Kashi, that looks like 3 different people.

Thanks =D,
    Here's three more for good measure. That's 6 people. And some algebra

+

=
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonus: that's a bike spoke in my ear, 2 above.
    Last edited by Cal_kashi; Sun, 10-03-2010 at 03:57 AM.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Haha, I was gonna say that too.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    I couldn't quite believe it when he said that his professor couldn't recognise him after his hair cut.

Now I can.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Some pictures of me set to basslines I've written with my band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f58aRdhWP88

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo View Post
    Some pictures of me set to basslines I've written with my band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f58aRdhWP88
    I'm not too familiar with a bass, so are we meant to hear those "clanky" strings sounds?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I'm not too familiar with a bass, so are we meant to hear those "clanky" strings sounds?
    From the info section: "I recorded them using a crappy Logitech mic and Audacity."

Sounds good Xan. I liked "Inside the Lines" best. Hearing the full song helped me gain some appreciation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1fva...eature=related.

Hope you can take some criticism from a non-audiophile, but Demons of the Heart was too bassy, if there is such a term.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    If you'll allow me to indulge in my obsession for a moment...

3 reasons you hear them:
    1.) Any electric instrument is going to give you control over your sound. Because I play with 2 guitar players, my treble is permanently turned all the way up on my bass and my amp in order to cut through the fuzz. As a result, you hear every little finger brush and pop.

I also vary my playing style with each song to get the most appropriate sound. Those 3 songs are our most "metal" so I play aggressively and *hit" the strings with my fingers rather than pressing/pulling on them. The result is "clanky".

2.) My $300 bass has its neck out of alignment and many of the notes I play have "fret buzz" because the strings don't rest against them properly. With a better bass and time to go get it fixed, it would sound cleaner.

1.) Like Animeniax said, it's a shitty mic. Everything above a whisper blows the damn thing out and causes clipping.

but Demons of the Heart was too bassy, if there is such a term.
    It is. It's played in drop D. The lowest string sounds even lower and the whole song is "muddy".

That was cool Xan. I bet you liked scott pilgrim vs the world, it almost made me wanna give up my acoustic for a bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemane_no_Jutsu View Post
    That was cool Xan. I bet you liked scott pilgrim vs the world, it almost made me wanna give up my acoustic for a bass.
    I basically only started reading it because I saw the Rickenbacker in the trailer/poster for tthe movie.

yeah I feel ya I read the first couple chapters cause the movie was so good. And reading this its obvious why.

@ the housewarming party/b-day bash of a friend:

Me and my GF.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

I wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed looking at your picture and would like to point out the lovely pseudo-olive green eyes you have.

That is a very piercing look.

I feel that if I was taller in this computer chair, I, too, could be staring deep into your eyes while we had brunch together. Your girlfriend would join us half-way through our dining and while you laughed in a hardy voice while putting your arms around her, I would be at the dessert buffet - at which I would be gorging on honey dew and cantalope.

I apologize for being several months late.