Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitness and Exercise

Actually, Im getting a little into dumbbell exercises and yoga for my fitness. I should do more cardio, but I don't really like running. Any recommendations?

Swimming.

I always liked rowing machines, and the kind with a drum of water for the correct resistance burn you out really fast, but that's probably not the kind of cardio you want.

There are always light kickboxing classes. The actual sport mind you, none of that exercise video bullshit.

/Ryll looks down at middle...
    I should get back into exercising...

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Swimming.

I actually can't swim at all. Maybe I should break down and join a gym.

Swimming is better, even if you'r not good.
    Swimming trains your body as whole and also keeps your condition on the plusitive side.
    You also get a nice buttom : )!
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3

As much as I dislike it as a sport, playing basketball is pretty good for getting in shape. Decent cardio with all the running around, teaches you hand-eye coordination with dribbling and shooting, and good leg workout with all the jumping.

Going to the gym will get you there, but it can hardly be considered a fun way to get in shape, unless you like the gym environment. Playing a sport that you enjoy and will do regardless of getting a workout will ensure you stick with it.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

You could also just eat right and do small exercises, not so much sitting and stuff.

Well....pretty much the most boring and dull way...
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3

Quote Originally Posted by Chiodos
    Swimming is better, even if you'r not good.
    Swimming trains your body as whole and also keeps your condition on the plusitive side.
    You also get a nice buttom : )!

I'd like to learn swimming, but its quite impossible for me I cannot swim at all. Maybe I'll try soccer for cardio; basketball is fun and all, but meh...there's like one court in the city i live, and I know there will be people playing there that i don't like.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    the easiest way to loose weight is jogging... if yo don't have stamina you start with ~20 minutes with small pauses .. then later ~30 with even less pauses then 40 with only 1 pause and then after ~10 weeks 1 hour without a pause.

its the best simply the easiest way.. you stand up early, eat an apple or banana + some juice or so, grab your MP3-player (or something similiar) and start jogging.. the music helps you to run in rhythm and its actually pretty fun because time passes by very fast.

after that you just take a showever and feel great.

if you want to do sports i recommend to play with friends if you were never in a team before. its simply more fun and nobody blames you for doing something wrong ^^

I find jogging hurts the knees and back after a short time. Elliptical training at the gym is better if you're out of shape and have sore body parts. As with anything, like KrayZ33 said, find some friends to do it with, it's more fun and more likely to continue. Unfortunately friends will get upset with you for sucking if they are competitive or really into a sport.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I find jogging hurts the knees and back after a short time.
    if this happens, you've got the wrong shoes.

you might want to visit a doctor if that happens, maybe he gives you a orthopedic arch support (or what ever its called in english)

According to my brother there is nothing better for him than running, he randomly runs three miles or so sometimes and he's very in shape.

I hate running though. My favorite sports are dodgeball and kickball, but no one plays those anymore. I also love to swim (apparently I was able to swim before I could run), but the nearest pool is just the mini apartment pool thing. So I've settled for jogging home from school whenever I'm not too lazy, which has been for the last two days and prolly today. (It's downhill so I don't mind ~2 miles) I like the sore feeling I get after running, it means I'm doing something right. It's not too obtrusive either, because I get home before my bus does and my backpack isn't too heavy.

It turned out that most of my friends have been going to the gym and actually having after school sports instead of living a sedentary lifestyle like I thought they were, so I might as well jump on the bandwagon and get in shape too. XD
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Ive been getting out of shape lately, mostly cause of school, last time i went to the gym i could only run 20 mins non stop, then after a small break i went another 10 mins and stopped, meh.
    -----------------

I used to lift weights between rounds of CS:S. I'd rush out at the start of each round and kill a guy, get killed by their rush, then spend the next 3 minutes lifting weights until the next round started. It became a bit of a problem when my forearms would bulge, making it hard to accurately control the mouse.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I used to lift weights between rounds of CS:S. I'd rush out at the start of each round and kill a guy, get killed by their rush, then spend the next 3 minutes lifting weights until the next round started. It became a bit of a problem when my forearms would bulge, making it hard to accurately control the mouse.
    Wow... hardcore gamer?

I go to the gym about 3 times a week, plat soccer and a litle basketball and i jog on the weekends every now and then

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    it just so happens i was looking into changing my routine up, since my gym membership is ending.

Six Steps to a Weightless Workout

Callisthenic-training-no-weights-workout

I actually sorta like not using weights. I don't much care for the burning feeling of tearing muscle. I'd rather be in good overall shape than be all shoulders or upper body... I liked the elliptical trainer machine and the rowing machine at my gym the most.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I've found this set of exercises from Men's Health to be very useful when you can't get to the gym or court:

Your Body is Your Barbell

Don't be intimidated by the caption picture in the article, the exercises are well within anyone's ability.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel
    Wow... hardcore gamer?
    why that? he could also do nothing between the rounds and wait until that camper is dead.... 4 minutes later..

Myself for example is flaming until the next rounds starts, its also some kind of exercise and burns away calories ^^

its more like "hardcore fitness addict" if his arm bulges while holding the computer-mouse

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I'm in the process of working out a good, high-calorie diet for myself in order to gain weight. I just had a Fitness Test yesterday and had my body fat and bone density measured (with an average and below-average measure on each, respectively). I also found out that I weigh 4 pounds less than I thought I did: 144 instead of 148. So I've been trying to find out a good diet to stick with. I already lift weights 3 times a week, but that isn't gonna do shit unless I eat accordingly.

Right now I'm eating, more or less regularly:
    Granola/milk for breakfast
    Cashews, Muffins, bananas throughout the day in between classes
    Chicken sandwich immediately post workout, protein shake after that
    chicken or pasta for dinner

This could do with some more revision.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33
    its more like "hardcore fitness addict" if his arm bulges while holding the computer-mouse
    I wouldn't go that far.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    I'd like to learn swimming, but its quite impossible for me I cannot swim at all. Maybe I'll try soccer for cardio; basketball is fun and all, but meh...there's like one court in the city i live, and I know there will be people playing there that i don't like.
    Play DDR. I bet koreans love DDR.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07