Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Name Change

Ok. I guess Board of Command works. You can take out the underscores right?

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    that work for ya?

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar
    if it's not too much trouble, can you change my name from UltxDarkRedX1 to RedX1z? basically trying to keep is short and simple.

edit to below: appreciate it.
    Last edited by RedX1z; Sat, 08-05-2006 at 08:46 PM.
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    sure sure.

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    that work for ya?
    Thanks a lot.

could you please change my name to

Son Goku

or if thats taken then

Son Goku Jr.

Please and thanks very much

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    That's ... pretty lame. Water snakes are much cooler than ripoffs of the monkey king.

You sure about that?

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    That's ... pretty lame. Water snakes are much cooler than ripoffs of the monkey king.

You sure about that?
    well, i know but i already made a sig for the name son goku and im not exactly respected enough for sumone to make me a really worked on sig for mizuchi
    Last edited by Mizuchi; Sun, 08-06-2006 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi
    well, i know but i already made a sig for the name son goku and im not exactly respected enough for sumone to make me a really worked on sig for mizuchi
    well, changing your name isn't going to change who you are, you'll still be you.
    Signature by Lucifus

Quote Originally Posted by RedX1z
    well, changing your name isn't going to change who you are, you'll still be you.
    I kno, im not looking to change my identity, but i already have a nice sig for the name Son Goku and i cant really get a good sig for the name Mizuchi

Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    I am totally against this idea.
    your reason being? it's not like he's asking for anything special, just a name change. i don't see any harm in that. plus, it'd be a waste of a good sig of his.
    Signature by Lucifus

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    your reason being? it's not like he's asking for anything special, just a name change. i don't see any harm in that. plus, it'd be a waste of a good sig of his.
    I don't understand this logic here.

We are to change his name because he wants to match a sig he so happens to have....

Wait a minute here; can't he maybe use a new sig, Remake that sig, edit that sig, or not use a sig?

I really don't see the point of changing a name to fit a sig because that person chooses not to be more productive and fix something of his own doing, but instead takes the easy way out
    image fail!

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    this is why name change requests should be done over IRC or PM. Everybody starts thinking they're entitled to a name change whenever they see fit...

Red, your name was so much cooler before.
    bOc was always pretty badass, but i can understand getting annoyed stretching the page out...
    mizuchi, if you can get your reputation back to green (good god i've never seen someone with rep THAT low) you can have MY name, or any one you want for that matter...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Quote Originally Posted by Deadfire
    I don't understand this logic here.

We are to change his name because he wants to match a sig he so happens to have....

Wait a minute here; can't he maybe use a new sig, Remake that sig, edit that sig, or not use a sig?

I really don't see the point of changing a name to fit a sig because that person chooses not to be more productive and fix something of his own doing, but instead takes the easy way out
    yeah! i mean wait, that's not what i meant to say, putting the sig aside, i'm just saying he should just be able to change his name if he wanted and if that's alright with complich8 or anyone else.

@masa: what exactly made my other name cooler? it was longer and people always mistakened it alot for something else when it didn't mean that, which suprises me, because it leads me to believe you knew what it meant. on that note, i just wanted it to be short and simple.

also, one thing i learned while posting in these forums, it's the poster, not the name.

alright, i think i'm going to stop here before i really do something stupid.
    Last edited by RedX1z; Mon, 08-07-2006 at 01:20 AM.
    Signature by Lucifus

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    I'm fine with changing names for what I think of as "good reasons" ... but my definition of "good reasons" is completely arbitrary.

I'm open to suggestions, but I tend to ignore and forget about a lot of irc traffic -- it's much more transient. Private messaging me works, but it annoy sme, and confuses people. This thread is still here for a reason: I'd like to keep username change requests in public, if nothing else so people who care can figure out what's going on.

I felt like the name changes I granted in this little rush have all been pretty well justified, and for the most part either neutral or positive changes (which is why BoC didn't become "Board" -- I felt it would be a negative change).

Mizuchi is a distinctive name. Son Goku is just another dbz fanboy, blending into the background noise. I'd rather have an ill-regarded poster with a unique name than an ill-regarded poster that's also got an annoyingly crappy name.

I'd suggest that maybe someone from the photoshop realm extend a helping hand and make the kid a decent sig. Deadfire? You seem to have time on your hands

Eh, I don't see why you guys care so much. If he wants to become a DBZ fanboy and lose all his uniqueness, let him. It would be his loss.

@DF: Not everyone can make a cool new sig as often as you can, and not everyone is as proficient in PS as you are. Or maybe he just really likes the sig. As Comp said, if you oppose the idea so much, why don't you change the sig for him or make him a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    mizuchi, if you can get your reputation back to green (good god i've never seen someone with rep THAT low) you can have MY name, or any one you want for that matter...
    I wonder if he's even gotten a positive rep before..

I would like my change to be named from splash to Splash! if its not too much of a bother.

"Mizuchi" > "Son Goku" because DBZ isn't cool.