Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Name Change

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Archie and Idealistic got their names changed, so now everyone is looking for one.

If you grant both of these, you may not have any reason to deny Animeniax a change much longer.

Do you really want that?
    If I had ever seriously asked for a name change, what reason would there be to deny it? I guess we can't all be humdrum posters devoid of personality.

I said it before and I'll say it again: name changes undermine the social binds of online communities. Changing from "The Archangel" to "Archangel" isn't a big deal, and even Id3ali5tic to Idealistic isn't too drastic. But anything more and we might as well go with random name reassignments every month.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    I could write a script for that. Say, pick 3 random people who were active in the last month and assign them new randomly generated names.

That'd spice things up ....

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    I could write a script for that. Say, pick 3 random people who were active in the last month and assign them new randomly generated names.
    Interesting, what kind of names have you, or would you, come up within the Random Name Generator?
    Last edited by Nadouku; Wed, 01-21-2009 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Fixed some grammatical errors.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by complich8

That'd spice things up ....
    Only if they change back to who they were before after the month's over though. But yeah, it could be fun, though they won't be completely unrecognised with sigs and avatars though. Maybe the script also disables avatar, sig and rep, maybe even post count too?

Then we'll have fun guessing people's identity from their posting style

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    For name changes, I remember DeadFire who wanted to be changed to SaberFire judging from his personal title.

His participation in the forums seems to have droped, I wonder if changing his name, after controlling he still wants that, could give him incentive to participate again, since I think I remember he was quite a good member.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75
    For name changes, I remember DeadFire who wanted to be changed to SaberFire judging from his personal title.

His participation in the forums seems to have droped, I wonder if changing his name, after controlling he still wants that, could give him incentive to participate again, since I think I remember he was quite a good member.
    I think he's still in the Canadian Army, which was why he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Ok, Speaking of the devil, he just posted new sigs in the related thread.

I guess he's the one most deserving to have his name changed, but again if it is still his will and a nice and caring soul listens to his query.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

He used to be a mod so he has some clout with the admins I'd imagine. If he really wanted to change his name, I'd be surprised if they didn't oblige him.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

That whole thing was a joke. Wasn't there some thread way back where people suggested him custom titles, or something? He took the winner, the one he now has, as his custom title. It's all due to him being a heavy Saber fanboy.

And DF indeed was a mod and he's one of MangaTraders admins as well. MT being a huge site built by a bunch of mainly gotwoot folks like Kai and Wilik (and TT), and DF and Yuki.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    That whole thing was a joke. Wasn't there some thread way back where people suggested him custom titles, or something? He took the winner, the one he now has, as his custom title. It's all due to him being a heavy Saber fanboy.

And DF indeed was a mod and he's one of MangaTraders admins as well. MT being a huge site built by a bunch of mainly gotwoot folks like Kai and Wilik (and TT), and DF and Yuki.
    The young one (myself) asked a dumb question for old gootwooters then
    Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Canada has an army? I thought it was just park rangers riding bears.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Canada has an army? I thought it was just park rangers riding bears.
    Thanks for the shitpost.

I'll be sure to tell the families of the fellow servicemen that I know that their son lost his life so people can continue to mock his sacrifice on the account that the US is so "BADASS" and seemly the only country that has a military ever.

In other other events on this topic. My title was given to members of the forum from a vote organized by Kitkat, another mod of the time. Seen here that vote even had drama in the form of spam-members created only to vote for the "Jackass" custom title. Ah the memories.

My current work load has me at a state that I can contribute more watching anime and reading manga then before, MT is in a state that I don't need to interfere with it.

As for my Mod status, I gave it up about the same time Kitkat and Assertn did. Seen here in my departing letter Gave it up more because I didn't know what the future may hold and someone else could take my place and function. I wouldn't mind being a mod again for this forum, however I know Xanboo who thought my posts and many positive things I've done for gotwoot are worth nothing may disagree. Oh look he is staff now.
    Last edited by Deadfire; Fri, 01-23-2009 at 12:34 PM.
    image fail!

"Jackass" that seems like something I would suggest. Did I?

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    "Jackass" that seems like something I would suggest. Did I?
    I don't remember Bud, I think it was you.

edit , I still can't remember why you changed your nickname, but you will always be bud to me

And with this post we conclude the string of irrelevant, useless, off-topic posts. Thanks - Jack Bauer
    image fail!

hehe so far, im perfectly content with what I have
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

You don't really need to come all the way here just to tell you don't need a name change, you know. This thread is supposed to serve a purpose.

But by all means visit again when you need it changed to TheBladeTeen...

Hi! May I request to change my name to "oyabun" from "oyabin". It is the Japanese for boss or gang leader. I didn't know until now that I have misspelled it. Thanks..

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

Blog Entries
    Lol it was oyabun? I had never noticed it before

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Lol it was oyabun? I had never noticed it before
    I noticed it, but always assumed it was spelt right, since I didn't know how to spell it in the first place.

I thought Oyabin was the correct spelling, so I never paid any extra attention to it.