Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Bleach Dub Thread

hmm, alright, let's see. kate herself has confirmed that she's in bleach:
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...2-5c8671674796

she's also confirmed michelle ruff's role in an email to someone:

Originally Posted by Kate Higgins
    thanks. um.... i'm playing karin, the sarcastic sister. it's fun. and i think michelle ruff is the other sister. and , oh , i forgot the guy who's ichigo. i'm drawing a blank. i'll write you when i remember!
    k
    that's here: http://www.bleachforums.com/showthre...yuri+lowenthal

ANN.com also has those two listed: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4240

about yuri lowenthal, bleach7's webmaster posted this:

Well, I can confirm one more casting. Apparently Yuri Lowenthal is in the mix. I sent him an email on which part. He didn't reveal who, but he did say he was doing a minor character. He did confirm that Viz will reveal who is cast for what soon.

Yuri Lowenthal posted:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think they'll be doing an official BLEACH dub cast announcement soon, so I'm not sure if I should say anything, but I think you'll be happy with the casting. I play a minor role on the show. They (VIZ & Studiopolis) are taking great care with the series, and know that there are a lot of nervous and excited fans out there.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    that's here: http://boards.ign.com/bleach/b8101/120202932/p2/?19

as for steve staley, it seems to be pretty widely accepted that he's in bleach, but uh, i can't seem to find the actual confirmation anywhere. *continues searching*

Stolen from Bleach 7 frontpage:

"Viz announces main cast members for Bleach Dub

According to this article, they announced the main cast members of the dub.

Ichigo - Johnny Yong Bosch
    Rukia - Michelle Ruff
    Isshin - Patrick Seitz
    Karin - Kate Higgins
    Orihime - Stephanie Sheh
    Tatsuki - Wendee Lee
    Ishida - Derek Stephen Prince"

NOOOOOOOOOO! I am not a fan of Johnny Young Bosh and am appalled that I'll have to hear him as Ichigo! His Renton in Eureka 7 is very irritating, but hopefully he'll put some bass back in his voice to sound something like Vash or Sakaki(WHR).

Michelle Ruff has a unique and interesting voice, I'm glad she's got the part of Rukia.

Ishida's VA has an odd somewhat whiny voice, which I'm also not looking forward to as Ishida is anything but whiny...

Quote Originally Posted by eat_toast
    Tatsuki - Wendee Lee
    Funny, I don't remember seeing any anime where Wendee Lee isn't cast on some role or another. Not that it would bother me though, as I'm not native English speaker, I never watch my animes in English anyway. It just seems that she's cast in every series where I've checked who's done voices in English...

hey yukimura. Mizuchi > w.e attack yukimura uses at the end when she gets her legendary bow (i dont remember wat its called).

and yes, yami kyo > yami yugi.

anyway, since id get flamed if i dont contribute to the thread, i hear bleach is comming to adult swim sumtime in october.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Rukia - Michelle Ruff
    Isshin - Patrick Seitz
    Karin - Kate Higgins
    Orihime - Stephanie Sheh
    Tatsuki - Wendee Lee
    Ishida - Derek Stephen Prince"
    Sunnovabitch! Bosch as Ichigo?? That doesn't quite work out at all. I love the guy (hate him as Vash), but he just isn't an "Ichigo" type. He's got a soft spoken, cool guy voice. I'm really intrigued to see how this'll turn out.

Michelle Ruff as Rukia is a great choice, though. As I mentioned before, she's a great actress and has been able to pull off tomboy characters in the past. A grave, lower voice like Rukia's should be no problem. I am very happy with this choice .

Stephanie Sheh is cleaning up as Hinata on Naruto. She'll make a great Orihime.

But Derek Stephen Prince playing Ishida will make loads of fans pissed. I'm calling it now. Message boards will be filled with "I hate the Bleach dub! Ishida sounds like a nasaly, whiney fag!" Not that I have anything against the guy, but his voice is...unique. However, he can sound like a badass at times (Chou the Sword Hunter from RuroKen). I can't wait to see how this turns out.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Stolen from Bleach 7 frontpage:

"Viz announces main cast members for Bleach Dub

According to this article, they announced the main cast members of the dub.

Hmmmm...If memory serves...wasn't he the black and green power rangers at one point o_0

...wow...i feel old for remembering that...

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

That place over there........ahh never mind
    LOL, you're right phoenix he was the black ranger in zeo then the green in turbo. I had thought he died b/c I never heard of him after those roles. But he's actually been VAing, that's awesome.

ps: you didn't hear this from me....
    Last edited by Knives122; Mon, 07-24-2006 at 10:39 AM.

R.I.P Captain America.

I accually thought he died also...I guess the only sucess from the entire power rangers thing was Jason David Frank, who is now rich of his ass since hes incredibly well known in the Martial Arts world.

Back on topic:

I really hope the VA's do a good job here...wow, du-ja-vu...I remember saying this about the Naruto Dub, and look what happened there...

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix20578
    I accually thought he died also...I guess the only sucess from the entire power rangers thing was Jason David Frank, who is now rich of his ass since hes incredibly well known in the Martial Arts world.
    now was that Tommy or Jason? Im thinking tommy if my memory from 6 serves me right.

sounds like Ichigo is going to be mediocre, rukia badass, and ishida will be the annoying one everyone hates.

luckily he doesnt stay a vagina for too long in the show

An interview with Johnny Bosch concerning his upcoming role as Ichigo can be found here.

Fucking win. Thanks for the link eattoast. Pretty interesting, especially this part:
    Anime Omnitude: When you're cast a role are you given information to help develop your role as a character?

Johnny Bosch: Usually, it's only what I find online or what the director tells me. But in this case, I did a bit more research as I want to make sure the fans of the show are happy and watched a few episodes, I'm picking up the manga at the next con.
    Also this:
    Johnny Bosch: Why not? I was called to audition for a show and did my best to get it. I had to come in a few times though. At first I read him in my deepest range with an edgy attitude but then they had me back it off and play him lighter and then once more with my low register. I thought for sure I didn't get it because of how many times I had to go back.
    I'm so curious to see how this guy sounds as Ichigo. Can't wait. Only a few weeks until September 9th!

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

The Bleach promo aired last night on AdultSwim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65lg2h58Qe8

Wow...Ichigo actually sounds...really really good. I wasn't expecting Bosch to be able to fit his character, but after hearing the few lines he had in the commercial, I was near convinced he'd been playing Ichigo for years. I'm happily surprised.

I'm not so surprised about Rukia though. I knew Michelle Ruff would be amazing, and I was right (again judging from the few lines heard). She's just got that perfect tomboyish, slightly creepy voice. She sounds a bit monotonous, but that could just be the intended tone of the lines.

I have seriously high hopes for this dub.

awh man, that looked really sweet!

I definately wanna catch this show in english... though i hope their choice of good VA's hasnt ended hereand that they get good cast for the rest of the crew.

i actually think rukia's va is perfect but ichigo sounds retarded. hes too laid back and relaxed. im afraid it'll sounds extremely retarded during some of the high tension comedy scenes like with kenpachi (after the fight ofcourse) and the stuff with isshin.

That place over there........ahh never mind
    Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    The Bleach promo aired last night on AdultSwim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65lg2h58Qe8

Wow...Ichigo actually sounds...really really good. I wasn't expecting Bosch to be able to fit his character, but after hearing the few lines he had in the commercial, I was near convinced he'd been playing Ichigo for years. I'm happily surprised.

I'm not so surprised about Rukia though. I knew Michelle Ruff would be amazing, and I was right (again judging from the few lines heard). She's just got that perfect tomboyish, slightly creepy voice. She sounds a bit monotonous, but that could just be the intended tone of the lines.

I have seriously high hopes for this dub.
    I have high hopes for Bosch. After all, he is the 2nd black power ranger.....but you didn't hear that from me.

R.I.P Captain America.

yeah ichigo does sound too laid back i dont think Boschs voice fits him at all

rukias dub voice sounds pretty good though

I think Rukia's sounded amateur-ish and Ichigo's sounded pretty good.

Interesting that a lot of us like one but not the other. I personally think Rukia sounds good but Bosch doesn't strike the Ichigo chord for me at all. Also it sounded more like Johnny Young Boush talking into a mike then Ichigo speaking as a narrator, which could just be the situation, but it definately disturbed me. Hopefully the minor charachters won't suck too much.

Well, neither of them are too bad, however I do prefer Ichigo's over Rukia's.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba