Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Bleach Dub Thread

Wow I'm late, I didn't even know Bleach was licensed till I saw the commercial for it and Trinity Blood while watching FMA and Big O last night. The voices sounded really good.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Yeah I guess the voices are ok.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I was just really worried that Ichigo was gonna sound like Vash or Kiba (Wolf's Rain Kiba, not Naruto Kiba). But Bosch seems to have given him a little edge in his voice. I'm still not happy that he got the role over someone more suited for it, but at least he's talented and will do a good job no matter what kind of voice he has.

I really gotta hear how Ruff portrays Rukia a bit more though. I think her voice fits Rukia perfectly, but like some have said, she sounds a bit...flat.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    I really gotta hear how Ruff portrays Rukia a bit more though. I think her voice fits Rukia perfectly, but like some have said, she sounds a bit...flat.
    Hidden meaning?

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

I see they went with Soul Reaper as the translation for Shinagami. No complaints there.

That place over there........ahh never mind
    YTV got it yesterday so the dubbed opening is online already, prepare to be stunned:

Bleach dubbed op.

R.I.P Captain America.

caught a bit of the episode today. I saw the hollow opening scene and ichigo beat up those skater punks. I didn't really like it because his voice failed to capture the emotion for me. Eh, it was ok, but not what i had expected. Hell the Naruto dub was better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives122
    YTV got it yesterday so the dubbed opening is online already, prepare to be stunned:
    What am I supposed to be stunned about? It's the same as the japanese version. Which is normal for anime on Adult Swim.

That place over there........ahh never mind
    I only said that as a way to put your hopes up only to put your hope down when you found out nothing was changed...

R.I.P Captain America.

I'm glad they kept the full intro, usually they shorten it for American TV. Changing Naruto's intro was fucking dumb.

Here's part of the first episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz4sUw_gwRk

Soul Reaper? Death god was much better.

wait till you guys hear kon's voice at the end

*wanders away leaving everyone with that cryptic statement*

I'm determined to watch its premeir on AdultSwim, so I'm gonna hold off watching it on youtube. That'll kinda ruin the experience for me.

I'm so fucking hyped though. I've been checking around some forums and so far it's been pretty well accepted. Only a few more hours to go!

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

The voices are pretty well done I thought. My only real issue is Yuzu's voice. I just. don't. like it. Pronunciation is really good and from what I can tell, it seems like Viz took quite a bit of care with the series. That Adult Swim left in *-Asterisk- (and untouched, save for credit translations and such) makes me giggle with delight. Seems as though they're -really- catering to the fans with this, and I'm actually looking forward to seeing some other voices. But I do still wonder about Ishida, Inoue, and Sado/Chad.
    "There are certain things in this world that you're happier not knowing.
    Even lies and deceptions can become the truth for some people of the earth.
    ... Particularly those not knowing the true nature of things, or how these systems of things works." - Bishop Stone "Xenogears"

Watched it, was pretty much awsome all around. I mean, shit, they even called Zanpaktous....Zanpaktous.

You know it's funny, when the opening before the last one first came out, I kept wondering what the significance of the black butterfly was at the end. I had totally forgotten that it was already in the series, all the way at the beginning. It had been so long since anyone actually put a soul at peace that I didn't remember it at all.

It almost made me go back and start watching again but then I was just...fuck it, I'll just watch the dub.

Wow, I'm so impressed with how Bosch handled Ichigo. He sounded perfect. Absolutely brilliant. I was kinda afraid he'd sound soft-spoken like Kiba or Vash, but he ended up sounding just like a punk-ass kid - which is how Ichigo is meant to sound. The guy has real talent.

Rukia...I'm not so happy about. I was excited to hear that Ruff was doing her voice, but in the end she sounded way too much like a young girl in my opinion. She needs to hit those lower registers in order to get that tomboyish feel that Rukia has. Some of her lines just didn't feel the same as they did in Japanese either. Example: when Ichigo first kicks her, the Japanese Rukia stammers "You...can see me..." and then flatly says "...and you kicked me." But in English it's just "You kicked me. But I can't be seen by ordinary humans..." I dunno, to me, little things like that detract from an otherwise perfect dub.

Isshin was funny (though I would have much rather had the guy who's doing Guy's voice in Naruto play him), Yuzu was a bit annoying but sounded natural, and Karin sounded a bit too nasaly for my tastes. I guess they were ok though, for minor characters.

The pronounciations of Japanese names and terms was done impeccably, partly due to the fact that the cast has a Japanese voice coach teaching them pronounciations. I was impressed at how they kept in Japanese words too, like Zanpakuto and the spell names (pronouncing them perfectly, for the most part). I think it gives the show a good atmosphere. I also like how they used the term "Soul Reaper" instead of Shingami because 1. Anyone not familiar with the show wouldn't know what a Shinigami was, and 2. Kubo Tite actually intended for the term "soul reaper" to be used instead of "death god". As I mentioned before, I had minor quibbles with some script changes, but not enough to prevent me from really enjoying that episode.

In general, the English dub is pretty good. Pretty DAMN good. I'd say it's much better than the Naruto dub was when it first started out and already much more accepted among fans of the original dub. I'm hoping it can only get better. A-fucking-plus.

Genin
    Personally I found "Soul Reaper" to make perfect sense.

Anyways, the pronounciation of names and such was well done. I definitely hated Rukia's voice-over. I'd say Ichigo's is the most well-suited voice-over. Compared to Naruto - and many other dub jobs for that matter - this English dub is pretty good.

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    Bleach episodes 1 & 2 eng dub:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=koneko00

I liked it

I actually enjoyed this dub is pretty good so far, better than Naruto's anyway I quickly got used to Ichigo's voice in english so that means is actually pretty good

Signature by Lucifus

They actually did a decent job dubbing this. As long as they don't make up a catch phrase for Ichigo I'll be happy, believe it.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco