Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Bleach Dub Thread

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

The Bleach Dub Thread

OK, so now it's official that Bleach will be airing starting fall 2006 on AdultSwim. That means we're looking at a dub here (and pretty damn soon - seriously, it took Naruto ages to get a tv premier). So until the cast is announced, this is the thread to make speculations about who-will-voice-whom, which studio should handle this, or any other dub-related nonsense.

It is not actually yet known which studio will be dubbing Bleach, but personally I think they might go with The Ocean Group. This is a Canadian studio that did Inuyasha, and now that Inuyasha is finished (isn't it?), TOC should be looking for another long series to dub. If Ocean doesn't dub this then it might be Studiopolis, meaning we'll see a cast very similar to Naruto.

My own guesses for a cast? I have no idea. They might choose a total n00b to voice Ichigo, or they might use a more experienced actor (in which case, it would depend on the studio doing the dub). In the case of Ocean dubbing this, I think either Richard Cox or [the guy who does Miroku on Inuyasha] would be an ok choice. I believe Rukia should be voiced by Kari Wahlgren. This woman has such a good vocal range, and would fit Rukia perfectly. She's a great actress, but I know nothing of her affiliation with Viz, so chances are she won't be in this series. Other than that, I can't think of many other actresses who would be able to mimic Rukia's unique Japanese voice.

And of course, if they don't choose Steven Blum to play Urahara I will send death threats.

thanks for the info, i am not getting my hopes up about anything but i hope that they do a better job than what they did with naruto...

good luck with the death threats....
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

i think 4kids might take it... O.o

that'd have people going into mass riots worldwide!

Quote Originally Posted by Onineku
    i think 4kids might take it... O.o

that'd have people going into mass riots worldwide!
    4Kids is not a dubbing studio, it's a distributor (which uses it's own voice actors). Viz Media has already acquired Bleach for a US release, and is completely unrelated to 4Kids.

You'd think confirming that Bleach will air on AdultSwim would be enough to get rid of annoying rumors like "OMG 4KIDS IS GOING TO RAPE BLEACH"...but I guess it isn't.

Also, I gave Orihime's voice some thought, and wondered if perhaps Lia Seargeant would be a good choice. For anyone who's watched the Trigun dub, she plays Millie. That kind of ditzy, yet caring voice would fit Inoue imo.

I want disney to find the VAs. They always have ATLEAST decent VAs for the Kingdom Hearts series and cartoons . Well that won't happen so I hope it will be good so I can sleep watching it at night

wait, so does anyone know what date its coming on Adult Swim?

I'm getting the information from Animenewsnetwork and this article.

So far "fall 2006" is all that's been said. E7, however will be out on April 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZyKiD
    I want disney to find the VAs. They always have ATLEAST decent VAs for the Kingdom Hearts series and cartoons . Well that won't happen so I hope it will be good so I can sleep watching it at night
    you call jesse McCarthy good?

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Several VA's from Inuyasha (Ocean Group) are doing the Gundam Seed Destiny Dub, which is meh, I might add. Miroku is Rey, and Inuyasha is Auel, Seshomaru is in there somewhere too. Sorry I don't know their real names, but VA's are just the voice of the first charachter who I heard them play to me. (Which is why I can't watch Samurai Deeper Kyo dubbed, Yami Yugi DOES NOT pwn like Kyo ought to be pwning.) I don't know if groups work on multiple projects a lot but if they don't then Bleach will probobly be done by another group.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Seshomaru had better be doing Dullindal! That guy's VA (can't remember his name either...) is one of the better English VAs out there. He was absolutely fantastic as Treize Kushrenada in Gundam Wing and his Seshomaru is easily the best voice on dubbed Inuyasha. He's got a calm, serious and brooding voice that works perfectly for 'mature, no nonsense' characters.

edit - sorry, i realise that this topic is getting woefully off-topic... I guess it's got alot to do with the fact that we have very very little facts on the Bleach dub to discuss... and speculation can (and will) include every wild thought out there...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I also like Sesshoumaru's (spelling?) voice. It's one of the better ones from the Inuyasha cast (I can't stand Kagome's voice). I think he would be good as Byakuya, because the two have similar personalities.

A recent quote from Steven Blum on the Narutofan forums:
    p.s. Can't audition for Bleach. They went non-union.
    NO! Not only does this mean my fantasy of Blum playing Urahara probably will not come true, it also means that it's very likely Bleach will be dubbed by the Ocean Group in Vancouver. Those are the guys behind the Inuyasha dub (which I don't particularly like).

This could be a good thing or a bad thing. For me, no Blum = a bad thing. Damn.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    I also like Sesshoumaru's (spelling?) voice. It's one of the better ones from the Inuyasha cast (I can't stand Kagome's voice). I think he would be good as Byakuya, because the two have similar personalities.
    Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    NO! Not only does this mean my fantasy of Blum playing Urahara probably will not come true, it also means that it's very likely Bleach will be dubbed by the Ocean Group in Vancouver. Those are the guys behind the Inuyasha dub (which I don't particularly like).
    Well, well, looks like you'll be getting your "wish" of Sesshoumaru's English VA being in Bleach (mwahahaha).

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    is that one of those things that looks normal and sudden change into a creepy face and a strong screech?

Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    lol, I saw that a while ago somewhere else. I wanted to post it here but couldn't for the life of me think of where to put it.

I could watch it all day, though. The song is catchy.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

if they get a sound alike for rukia i hope whoever they get will be better then who they got to play naruto lol

oh hey do you guys think inuyashas voice would be good for ichigo

i have a question thats a bit off topic um i was wondering if the lady that does the voice of rukia is the same lady that does the voice for the rich girl thats after kiichi in the ah my goddess series sub

so, in official dub news, it looks like four people have been confirmed.

Kate Higgins as Karin Kurosaki and Michelle Ruff as Yuzu Kurosaki. Yuri Lowenthal and Steve Staley have also been confirmed, although Yuri's said he's playing a minor character.

Quote Originally Posted by saman
    so, in official dub news, it looks like four people have been confirmed.
    Thanks for the info Saman! Source plz?

Kate Higgins as Karin Kurosaki and Michelle Ruff as Yuzu Kurosaki. Yuri Lowenthal and Steve Staley have also been confirmed, although Yuri's said he's playing a minor character.
    For anyone who's interested Kate Higgins is currently playing Sakura on Naruto. I don't really like her very much, but I can imagine her very well as Karin.

Michelle Ruff is a seasoned VA who has awesome range. It's a pity they're wasting her on such a minor character like Ichigo's sis. I could have seen Ruff playing Orihime, but whatever.

Yuri Lowenthal plays Sasuke on Naruto, so it would be great to have him reprise another one of Noriaki Sugiyama's roles and play Ishida, but apparently he's only playing a minor character.

Steve Staley should quit the business. He's a fucking dork and can't act.The end.