Thread: Converting Naruto Fansub Files

viraco

Burning to DVD

For the past week i have been trying to burn episodes 26-50 to dvd... but when it gets to 34 or 35 the sound and video become out of sync... also when i try to convert 34 and 35 to 720x480 it is getting cut off or compressed into a 9 minute 20 something secondstream that is completely useless... i have tried mutliple sets of software and they are pretty much come all to the same results... with exception of 1 piece of software.... it converted to the entire length but throught the entire file the sound is fast that the video but 2 or 3 seconds... can any help me with this .... also to note that i can watch ALL of the episodes in thier original 640x480, but in order to get them to display correctly with my dvd player i have to have them in 720x480.

someone please help me... my butt is getting sore from sitting at my computer for so long watching these.

EDIT:
    to note i have run into episodes through all 220 that i have the same problem with.

Moved to General Support. Please make the threads in the appropiate forum next time
    - Assassin
    Last edited by Assassin; Sat, 04-07-2007 at 10:36 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    i'm guessing that if you're trying to put 25 eps on a dvd that you are not burning it as a dvd movie.... but as data dvd. and you should have no sync issues if you're burning avi,ogm,mkv to dvd as data files.

using nero you can just drag and drop the video files and can fit 13 per dvd. my naruto collection is i think 26 dvds stopping before fillers.

Converting Naruto Fansub Files

the worst thing about DB is that their episodes do not work on DVD players and if they did they do not play properly so i have to re-encode all the episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo
    the worst thing about DB is that their episodes do not work on DVD players and if they did they do not play properly so i have to re-encode all the episodes
    May I ask how you do this

Signature by Lucifus

i re-encode them by Dr.Divx 2pass slow which takes at least 4 hours/episode and the result is equal to that of DB but it is so annoying and exhousting

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo
    i re-encode them by Dr.Divx 2pass slow which takes at least 4 hours/episode and the result is equal to that of DB but it is so annoying and exhousting
    Thanks dude
    As Long as I get to burn it to work for DVD is fine

Signature by Lucifus

Most DVD players in the market right now are DivX compliant, and can play most animes in avi format. Mine has no problem with both the DB versions and other wmv files.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Does it cost to use Dr. Divx? I'm using AVI2DVD at the moment, and it's working out alright for me. Well, maybe. What kinda CPU do you have? I've got a 1.3GHz AMD duron, and it took me 10hrs to re-encode FF7: Advent Children using 2passes. But yeah, Pskye, I'm sure there's plenty of DVD players with Divx support in Singapore. It was like that in Hong Kong too. I haven't been looking around exactly, but I don't see any DVD players in Australia that have Divx decoders in them. Bit of a shame really.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    Most DVD players in the market right now are DivX compliant, and can play most animes in avi format. Mine has no problem with both the DB versions and other wmv files.
    Yeah I happend to have one but it has never wanted to play files from DB and it also chops of a lot of the corners so you cant see some of the letters thats why I would use VirtualDubMod to resize the file some, but VirtualDubMod has also never taken DB files thats why I was waiting for AonE to realse them.

Signature by Lucifus

Nero Vison Express burns .avis onto DVDs and you can watch them on a DVD player. It can automatically lower the quality so you can fit more onto the DVD as well. The quality you don't even notice either, unless you are one of those people who bitch about every little thing that is wrong.

my CPU is 2.4GHz P4 and u may use any program for encoding like winavi or VirtualDub or mediacoder(which can convert mp4 and h264 files to xvid avi files) but i got used to Dr.Divx (i use version 1.6 and i don't know if there is a newer one or not)

and for Psyke it is very rare for DB episodes to work on DVPs and even if they work there r some problems with rewinding it forword or backword

I just connect the PC to the TV and use it as a 2nd monitor, thus I don't need to re-encode

I had a problem with screen size with my previous DVD player, but my new one plays the DB versions with no problems. Perhaps the screen resolution problems were due to my old TV.

My current DVD player comes with USB slot, so I can either use a thumb drive to view my anime avis, or link up my laptop to my TV and play from that directly. More troublesome as I need to connect the VGA cables.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    I just connect the PC to the TV and use it as a 2nd monitor, thus I don't need to re-encode
    I second that... but there is the small matter of a scan converter. Which one do you use? I got the Grandtec 2000 but it wants to go to black and white on the TV and the manual is not very helpful

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    I had a problem with screen size with my previous DVD player, but my new one plays the DB versions with no problems. Perhaps the screen resolution problems were due to my old TV.
    i built a computer just for the purpose of playing stuff that i could not burn to dvd, for when i want to watch in my room... but lately i have just been watching on my computer.

I really haven't experimented with other subbing groups for naruto, i have AonE /anbu for all my naruto dvds, but i have been pretty loyal to DB since they always have it up pretty fast. This past week however, having forgotten my flash drive at home that had bleach 124 on it, i first went to youtube over lunch break... and alas DB has asked youtube to remove all their subs... so then i went to this site i had heard of called crunchyroll.com and they had the full ep from some sub group i had never heard of... but it worked out for me to get my bleach fix... DB does have my faithful weekly downloads though and i dont see that changing unless they disappear.

I've moved the thread to general support since its not about who's the best fansubber for nartuo anymore.