Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Customized computer?

Things just never work out for you, do they?

Hello there,

Can someone recommend me a good quality mouse that isn't too expensive?

Gratzi
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    What kind of surface are you using it on? Optic mice will work fine on pretty much any surface, except really shiny ones (metal bench etc), or transparent/layered ones, like glass or a table with a clear plastic protector. For those, you'd want a laser or the pointer may drift randomly sometimes. One of the computers at home uses Logitech's cheapest optical mouse, and it works just fine. So if you're looking for simply a mouse, and a cheap one, that's one right there. (that was $30AUD).

If you wanted something a bit more flashy, but still affordable, you have the wireless mice and the wireless/wired ones with forward/back/search functions. Those are generally 50-80AUD.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I have never had any bad experiences with Logitech mice. They are a sure bet.

But considering how much a mouse is used and it's still intended, or at least I think so, to last for a long time, it might not be worth it to try to save every dollar. Get a good middle price model and when you are still happy with it a few years from now, the price paid won't feel like much anymore.

I personally wouldn't get the cheapest, simplest model for my primary use. For a secondary computer, sure.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

Okay - I'll prolly end up getting Ani's mouse. Thanks everyone
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

I think BoC has the same mouse too. It's only possible fault is the price of $40, but it's well worth it.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    I have never had any bad experiences with Logitech mice. They are a sure bet.

But considering how much a mouse is used and it's still intended, or at least I think so, to last for a long time, it might not be worth it to try to save every dollar. Get a good middle price model and when you are still happy with it a few years from now, the price paid won't feel like much anymore.

I personally wouldn't get the cheapest, simplest model for my primary use. For a secondary computer, sure.
    That's true. I was working with the "money saving" idea the whole time. I'm not sure if I'd ever get a standard mouse for my computer again though. Forward/Back buttons are very addictive. (especially the back one)

A new mouse can take some getting used to. It took me a good month or two last time I swapped. If you want to ever challenge yourself at something new, this would probably do ya.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sun, 04-20-2008 at 09:06 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Multiple button mice are excellent for gaming too. I hate pressing keys to reload, melee, etc, they work so much better as mouse clicks. Mapping those forward and back page buttons make gaming so much more fluid.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    I'm a big fan of tilt-wheel mice, personally.

I've had generally good results with microsoft mice, and logitech tends to be pretty good too.

But if you're an fps'er, high-res gamer-mice like that are good, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I think BoC has the same mouse too. It's only possible fault is the price of $40, but it's well worth it.
    I got my MX518 for only $25 CAD.

I'd recommend the G5 v2 (blue version) if it's in the neighborhood of $30.

However, the MX500/510/518/G5 are all "large" mice. If you want a smaller mouse (since...you're a girl), the VX Revolution is a great wireless mouse if the price is right. I got mine on sale for $35 a year ago. I'm sure you'd be able to find similar deals in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    I got my MX518 for only $25 CAD.
    Unfortunately I have few options when it comes to ordering and shipping overseas, so I can't find the best prices. It's usually Newegg or Tigerdirect for me.

I don't know how people use those tiny mice. I don't have big hands, but they tend to cramp up when using small travel-size or laptop-size mice.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Unfortunately I have few options when it comes to ordering and shipping overseas, so I can't find the best prices. It's usually Newegg or Tigerdirect for me.

I don't know how people use those tiny mice. I don't have big hands, but they tend to cramp up when using small travel-size or laptop-size mice.
    I have a friend who uses a tiny mouse.

http://jamesthevicar.com/images/jpg/tiny-mouse.jpg

About that big. It's the width of two fingers.

I have a friend who uses a tiny mouse.

http://jamesthevicar.com/images/jpg/tiny-mouse.jpg

About that big. It's the width of two fingers.
    I'd like to see him compete on CSS with that mouse .

It's actually a girl so maybe that helps to explain the dinky mouse.

Or actually, no. Nothing can justify that.

It's actually a girl so maybe that helps to explain the dinky mouse.

Or actually, no. Nothing can justify that.
    I got confused by the site name "jamesthevicar" so I figured it was a guy. Didn't realize it's probably just a stock photo you were using as an example. My bad.

Girl hands cramp up and get carpal tunnel syndrome a lot easier than man hands, so using a mini mouse like that, while cute, will end up giving her hand problems.

Yeah that was just a picture I Googled up.

I've tried using that mouse a few times and it's a huge pain even without getting carpal tunnel.

Circuit City recently had a sale on various mouses.

The G7 was on sale for 25$ and the G5 for 20$.

If you want a really good gaming mouse and do not mind using a wired one then the Copperhead is priced at 25$.

The main problem is finding them, it look me about 3 days of searching various Circuit City in town to find my G7.

edit: my mistake on the pricing, according to my receipt the G7 was 30$ but that's still much cheaper than the standard prices.

So for the cost of gas and wear and tear on your car, was it more expensive trying to find this G7 at Circuit City than if you just bought it at normal price at Best Buy?

uh considering that it took me about 30 minute to get to the different locations and the fact that my car has pretty good mileage the answer would have to be yes.

edit: and beside, i manage to find 2 copperheads and another G7 for my friends so it's not like i drove around just to buy 1 mouse.