Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Customized computer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    Google "Speedstep"
    Thanks. That explains alot. 100+ FPS in CS:S is kinda useless if my cpu wants to cut to less than half its normal speed every 10-15 seconds.

I think before i was getting 30-35 FPS running an x1300. And, since im in need of a power supply im thinking of also getting a nice solid case to put it in.

It shouldn't step down the multiplier if you're playing games... Games put your CPU on 100% load even when you're "not doing anything."

the current state of the beast :

X2-4800+
    2GB Corsair XM2 5400
    gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2 mobo
    Sapphire X1950 XT

Why such a crappy motherboard and case? Especially the case - it's tiny.

You could use some wire management, but that would be hard with such a tiny case. You can get a good and nice looking case for just $50 on newegg.

sry the beast? haha the mobo and case are rediculous :P
    -----------------

I'm usually not one to wonder about other people's computers, but I have to agree on the statement that the case is really small. It must be a genuine micro tower. And I say this despite the fact I personally opted to get a mini tower, myself (though it supports standard components).

It looks like a mini tower. A micro wouldn't have those dual optical drive bays and pci expansion slots, would it? Either way, how rinky dink.

I got my Tuniq Tower today. It is freakin' massive. Ridiculously massive. I can only imagine how big the Thermalright Ultra-120 or Zalman 9700 are. I haven't installed it yet, have to wait until after work.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I'm expecting my parts ( they had issues with getting the videocard ) end this week, maybe first couple of days next week.

If I can find a digital camera I'll post some picks. I got a coolermaster Stacker , so plenty of room :P

I'm not American

I'm not in America.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

jajajaja.

This was an emachine T6520, the only things left from its original form are the case and the dvd burner. Operation Pimp my PC could very well happen in the next 3-4 weeks when i get paid and get financial aid money.

Ah no matter, as long as I get the parts. I never was in a rush to begin with. Besides, I usually select multiple shops, depending on prices.

I would never buy a used power supply, but that's just me. I sell them though

Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    I would never buy a used power supply, but that's just me. I sell them though
    Same lol, at least I know the ones i sell are good
    -----------------

the guy says in the description that the psu was only run for a short time. I was going to buy a 75$ thermaltake psu and a $50 coolermaster case... so i'm content.. cant wait to get it, my system really does need some extra power.

Speaking of customization, I finally went ahead and did the window mod today. 12 hours of labor

End result is pretty good though. It's attached with nuts and bolts, so maybe one of these days I'll take it apart again to sand down the edges some more.

Wow, nice carpet! Berber?

Cool tower with the window kit. Doesn't the window glass go inside the case, so you can't see the jagged edges? I was thinking of adding a window to mine, but I figured with some of the wild case mods people are doing these days, like making their case look like R2D2, it wouldn't be worth the trouble. I might still, once I find a case I'm willing to keep for a few years.

Why didn't you just buy a case with a side panel window? Of course you wouldn't have the satisfaction of doing it all by yourself. Nice job btw