Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Customized computer?

It's not a single dimm it's 2x 2GB, apparently forgot to copy that part with it

and what you are missing is an AUDIO card, and no onboard audio is just sucky and cheap, if you can spend 1800 on the other parts, the extra 100-200 euro wont be that much.
    No it means 200 less to spend on the things that really matter *blink blink blink*
    Yes I know you are an audio fanboi and no I really..really..don't care :P

I don't think there is such a thing as a 4GB DIMM.

Wow, ?igma got banned for speaking poorly of the Thermalright heatsink? That's harsh!

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Wow banned, for what?
    Anyway, the Kingston KVR400D2D4R3/4G is a 4gb dimm.
    and since you had some dutch in your list:
    Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer PCI OEM Beoordeling: geen € 44,36
    Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic PCI OEM Beoordeling: goed € 68,10
    Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro PCI OEM Beoordeling: goed € 99,-
    Don't bother with the ~40€ xtreme audio card, it doesn't even compare with a audigy2 zs ( not even close actually).
    A kickass soundcard for less then 50 €
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by ?igma
    Reviews say otherwise. I always do my homework.
    Yeah okay keep telling yourself that. Even the Tuniq Tower is better than CNPS9700 and it's about the same price as the Ultra-120, but comes with a fan.

I got banned for trying to protect one of the animé threads from spoilers. I used the report button 2 times within one week, or basically over the course of two weeks, because by my judgement a certain person has been once more making suggestive comments about the direction the series might be taking, while he reads the manga. ( Never used the report button before, as far as I recal, so yeah, I'm just pingponing all those reports, I'm a real criminal )

I got banned for abusing the report button.

Also didn't recieve any PM, note, Email..you name it, just klabam, a ban. I just don't get it..am I that annoying ?

As you can understand I'm slightly annoyed, because I was and always will, be doing my obligation as a reader of Gotwoot, and that is to not give any spoilers a chance. Apparently I misread the rules though.

This happened aproximately 2 minutes after I reported. Triggerhappy anyone ?

I've contacted them about it, but have not yet recieved an answer. Which could be either because they don't answer/withdraw bans or simply haven't gotten to it yet.

On to the subject :

============= =========================================== ======== ====== =========
    Artikel Artikelomschrijving Prijs Aantal Bedrag
    ------------- ------------------------------------------- -------- ------ ---------
    32590 Kingston 4GB PC2-5300 667MHz DDR2 CL5 DIMM 183,00 1 183,00
    KVR667D2N5K2/ (Kit of 2x2GB)

And about the CPU-cooler , I'm aware there's alot of opinions "out there". I'm also not working with hardware daily, so my judgement can only come from what I read. I assure you though, I've watched many graphs showing low temperature in active, passive and idle. Which is just fine with me.

I must admit though, I've only compared it among other Zalman, because I tend to stick with what I know. Same goes to the case. I will never get anything other than Cooler Master. Only because of the space and the clicksystem which allows for fast (re)placing of objects. I hate having to pull it all out to unscrew a drive.

Not to mention I've already ordered it

Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer PCI OEM Beoordeling: geen € 44,36
    You can recommend it ?

...I'm dead tired, "might be making" , wanted to alter it to might be taking, altered it into tight ..gaaah...

Major edit :

the issue/reason why I'm being banned is probably directly linked to this statement :
    Note: Speculation as to whether or not something will happen later in an anime is not considered spoiling. But speculation means that person is not using any kind of information not from the anime to form that opininion.
    I personally consider this person in violation of speculating with information, because a person is absolutely incapable of any speculation, when he or she is already aware of the truth. Giving any suggestions as to what might possibly happen, is not just one of the lowest forms of hypocracy, it's also pure discontempt towards the anime viewer that has no knowledge of the manga. It's feeding the debate, because you have the power to laugh at people over their opinions and reasoning, while you keep feeding.

It's wrong.

And if that's why I get banned, I swear, someone needs a serious asswhooping by his girlfriend, because that's one cranky dude.

And considering a PM ( preventive measure ) would have been the right way to handle it.
    Last edited by Dubazlar; Mon, 07-23-2007 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubazlar
    And about the CPU-cooler , I'm aware there's alot of opinions "out there".
    They're not opinions.

http://www.3dgameman.com/content/view/6722/103/

The Zalman CNPS9700 NT CPU Cooler is one incredible product that is sure to please. If you don't want to install a water cooling system because of the potential risks, then this is a great alternative. I was impressed that this cooler could keep a Core 2 Duo E6400 CPU overclocked to 3.2GHz using 1.55 voltage cool. This is something that's even a challenge for some water cooling kits to accomplish. With its large 110mm green LED fan, massive fins, three "figure 8" heat pipes and a smooth base, it will have no problem keeping almost any CPU cool. Being large certainly has it's benefits in the cooling department, but it might pose a problem in some setups. It's simply one of the best coolers money can buy. Speaking of money, this cooler doesn't come cheap.
    http://www.ocmodshop.com/ocmodshop.aspx?a=876&p=2099

The numbers speak for themselves: the Zalman CNPS9700 NT was able to beat my previous favorite heatsink, the Zalman CNPS-7000 and every other heatsink I could throw at it. The sheer size of this heatsink, coupled with its effective copper construction and triple heatpipes, not to mention the huge 110mm fan make this the most efficient coolers you can buy. Although Zalman includes a Noise Silencer module in every CNPS heatsink, it is not needed on the newest Intel platform, as the chipset sets the fan's speed according to the CPU's die temperature.
    http://www.virtual-hideout.net/revie...T/index3.shtml

'Quiet' and 'Cooling' is what made Zalman famous and this new CNP9700 NT with a new larger design and 110mm fan just continues the air cooling dominance by Zalman. Sure it's huge, but it cools like crazy. Pick your poison because a tiny air cooler isn't going to cool your hot hardware. All the 'cool' people know that larger, slower spinning fans is where it's at and obviously so does Zalman by improving the 92mm CNPS9500 series with the 110mm CNPS9700 series.
    As to not being an opinion, you're a bit too full of yourself, you need to stop thinking you know it all, because as one might expect, you don't..nobody does.

Above reviews are the first three to cross my eyes and that's why I decided to go with it. As one might expect, they are opinions, based on careful examination, in comparison to other models ( of the same branch and brand ).

It's still an opinion. However, let's let this rest, because it's not like you will change your mind.

BoC doesn't think he knows it all, but he indeed knows a lot more than most.

I'm going to research some more before buying one and OCing my new CPU.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    BoC doesn't think he knows it all, but he indeed knows a lot more than most.

I'm going to research some more before buying one and OCing my new CPU.
    Do you have any idea, how many people there are in the world that know "alot more" ?:P
    I've got several friends myself, of whom one was raised between hardware and software, learned programming when he was 6, is a partner (my age ) in his fathers company and he says there's nothing wrong with it , I have reviews to back it up and BoC only says "It sucks because I say it does"

Well guess what, it's not going to work. Hard facts, solid material, graphs. Argumentation based opinions. Not the flat-out "you suck lol" . It's a big nono.

I'm happy for you and your friends, but what does your friend learning programming at age 6 have to do with his tech skillz? Does he have personal experience using the part, or any knowledge on which to base his assertion that "there's nothing wrong with the part", (which by the way isn't exactly a resounding endorsement of the product anyway)?

You've posted some reviews for the Zalman part. I'd imagine BoC has seen reviews for both parts that helped him determine which was better, so he can say "it's not an opinion", but a deduction based on tests and reviews.

'That's great for him, but has no effect on me, just like me having friends that know all the ins and outs of both hardware and software doesn't bother you or him. What are you his mother ?

Fact remains, "guessing he might have read reviews(?) that say the exact opposite" does not count a valid argument. Sources.

You talk pretty big for someone who's currently banned.

So are you basing your decision on your friends' opinions that "there's nothing wrong with it", or on those three reviews like you said earlier?

I think BoC won't change your mind, but I think he created a sliver of doubt so you'll tread carefully when reading future reviews for HSFs and see how poorly your choice rates outside of the few reviews you might have seen.

I got banned for no reason at all, if you had read the story above, you know it's true, so don't give me that crap please, I'm a person, I'm an existing being and I'm everything but a Hypocrit. So if you expect me to bow down and roll over, think again. Maybe if the reason for the ban would've been legit, but not in this situation, not over my dead body.

I've based my opinion, or rather, purchase, since I don't have to defend my choice, technically speaking, on a combination on both. Since I never trust a single source, crossreferance is usually the best way to filter out any wrong data.

BoC is nothing more than a fly when it comes to making a point. I don't have to quote what he has said, because it's maybe 1 page back, but it doesn't contain anything else than his opinion. Not to mention it's brought nothing of information.

If you had an education, by any chance, you would know, that to convince people, you usually have to adopt to a certain style. You can either go for the heavy one-direction argumentation, in which you cover up flawes of said subject, or you conclude, by comparing pros and cons.

I've seen neither.

My own style, sarcasm, which it has been for years, doesn't always make me friends, because it tends to shine through in even the most harmless sentences, doesn't give you the right to threaten me at all though.

And the ban is only 5 Days ( although still way too much for litterally nothing )

Oh ye, if he does show up with a solid 3-7 page review that totally breaks down on the Cooler, I'm not too shy to say he convinced me, if I have indeed been convinced. But I feel he might not be as objective as that.
    Last edited by Dubazlar; Tue, 07-24-2007 at 08:05 AM.

I have reviews to back it up and BoC only says "It sucks because I say it does"
    Now you're just making stuff up. I didn't say it sucks. It is indeed one of the better air coolers on the market. Go back and quote what I originally said, and then look at the subsequent statements I said. Don't get your panties in a knot because I disagreed with your purchase.

Oh ye, if he does show up with a solid 3-7 page review that totally breaks down on the Cooler, I'm not too shy to say he convinced me, if I have indeed been convinced. But I feel he might not be as objective as that.
    I'm not going to find one because such a thing doesn't exist. All reviews of this cooler will be positive. Am I arguing that this cooler sucks? No. Go back and read my post again.

But while we're at it, I'll give you one review for now. Take a look at those graphs and tell me what the top cooler is. Next, tell me if that top cooler is cheaper or more expensive than your cooler (that is, if your cooler isn't the top cooler).

http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling...spx?i=2941&p=6

~GGKTHXBYE~
    Last edited by Board of Command; Tue, 07-24-2007 at 09:04 AM.

You read past one minor detail though... I never looked at other companies, because I've been satisfied with Zalman for like 10 years now. It's not uncommon for people to have a certain company they exclusively buy from.

Which is also up there...

Just like I buy Kingston RAM, Asus mobo , they're personal preferances. I explained before, I'm not looking for a battle of the giants, I was looking for the best current cooler of Zalman.

and about the GGKKTHXBYE, did I upset you ?

Had to change my Case into a CM 832, it just arrived, now waiting for the rest of the material.

Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    Zalman CNPS9700 is a HUGE rip off. For the same price you can get a Thermalright Ultra-120 plus a nice fan.
    This is what made me think you wanted to point out how much it sucked, by putting the Emphasis on the word "huge"(ripoff).

I admit, since my mindset was on getting a Zalman, I might not have read it carefully enough and jumped to a conclusion, however, not much could be drawn from your point of view either way. It lacked some key-functions a piece of text needs to properly get through.
    Last edited by Dubazlar; Tue, 07-24-2007 at 09:27 AM.

I didn't miss it. You said you stick to Zalman after not my first post, but second post.

What do you expect to draw from my point of view? I said all that was needed to be said. I stated my standpoint and why I support my standpoint. You just had to go out and do some more research. There's a big difference between "sticking with that you know" and "only looking at Zalman and nothing else." You have tunnel vision, and that caused you to make a poorly-informed purchase. End of story.

My word is already more credible than yours. I know what's good and what's bad on the market right now without needing to look at reviews. You don't. Don't try to bend words and sneak your way around that. I also don't need bring any prodigy friends into the picture; I'm better than everyone I know personally (i.e. not from internet). That might change after I start my job at ATI though...
    Last edited by Board of Command; Tue, 07-24-2007 at 10:11 AM.

No you see, you initially never gave the "why"part. That's what I've been referring to all this time ^^.

About words..why would I even try to to be more credible than you are ? I've never intended to be.

My field of expertise is sneaking and bending words in such a way people get lost in their own, your field is PC's, fine with me, I'm not exactly a noob, but I only get in contact with the hardware once I need a new PC, aproximately once every two years.

Although it seems I need some more leet skills to fool you with sneaking Also only have 1 prodigy friend, it's not healthy I tell you, but he's basically god. If he wouldn't be studying Math and some other science thing at the University, he'd have your job

Zalman CNPS9700 is a HUGE rip off. For the same price you can get a Thermalright Ultra-120 plus a nice fan.
    Red = my standpoint
    Blue = reason

Learn some English. Oh, and I think you forgot about this. Don't worry though, because I still remember.
    But while we're at it, I'll give you one review for now. Take a look at those graphs and tell me what the top cooler is. Next, tell me if that top cooler is cheaper or more expensive than your cooler (that is, if your cooler isn't the top cooler).

http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling...spx?i=2941&p=6
    Last edited by Board of Command; Tue, 07-24-2007 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    Red = my standpoint
    Blue = reason

Learn some English.
    Now, there's a problem with that, before you tell other people to "learn English"( 9.4 Grammarschool ,thank you ), you first need to understand it yourself.

Even if the blue part was a reason, and technically it isn't, but let's say it is, then you would still have no background, no argumentation, nothing to show me, that that reason you give there is in fact a valid argument and not another opinion backing up the previous RED opinion.
    Second, if it would be a reason, then you are saying, Zalman = ripoff , mine is way cheaper. Well that's great, but I didn't ask you for a price comparison.

( technically I didn't ask you anything at all, you just decided to..yeah what exactly ? If it was supposed to be a suggestion, I in my turn, suggest you take some classes in communication. If it was meant to be friendly, you might want to change the way you say it into something that also looks friendly and if both of those aren't the case....were you just trying to show off your knowledge ? )

But even in all those cases, it's still not a reason. A reason is linked to a question :

my question : Is Zalman bad ?
    Answer : Zalman total ripoff , expensive! because..thermaltake is less expensive

thanks, but, really, what's that ? what does that say about the quality ? what does it say about the price even ?? Regardless of you saying it's more expensive, for all I know it's not!

You see, you don't have to convince yourself, you have to convince me. In other words, this is getting you nowhere.
    ( And if you didn't mean to convince anyone, then why did you post about it in a way that could be discribed as a "lolnaab"+*point**laugh* reply, like "I the man, you teh suck" )

Or perhaps I'm reading it all wrong, you bring it as a fact, so lets elaborate.

More expensive, a fact : true ( probably, didn't check it tbh , lets assume, true)
    Relevant information : false ( you can exchange facts with quizmasters)
    Politely brought : false ( No indication that the person wants to help)
    Proves the statement : false ( You prove the Thermaltake is less expensive, you don't prove the Zalman is a huge Rip-off, because that would question its price/quality comparison and you do not give it )

So all in all, an empty shell, with alot of noise. ( And no I'm obviously not counting the possibility that you are right, even though I know you are, after reading the graph, but it doesn't matter for this argument)

Because of a lack of better examples. When Bush pushed the War against Iraq, he believed something, to the core of his body and he took this believe as the truth ( plus a handful of oil ), but that doesn't mean he didn't have to use solid ( though falsified ) argumentation to eventually start a war. He talked his ugly face off. That's what people do when they explain things to others, you are just more suited to work on the product itself, but for gods sake, don't go do PR.
    edit : And he did not tell congress to "go look for the evidence" themselves.

P.S , I see I'm starting to get to you, as you are cleverly trying to flame me , however, you can't win a pissing contest against me like that..you really don't want to go there.
    Although odds are I get banned for it(provoking) here, IRL, it could get you in a serious situation. And after all, this is my test-tube for real life ^^
    Last edited by Dubazlar; Tue, 07-24-2007 at 03:42 PM.

God, will you two just Shut The Fuck Up already?
    BoC tried to be helpful, you obviously didn't want any of his help, end of story.

BoC, you said what you needed to, don't bother adding more fuel to the fire.

And yes i can recommend the x-fi xtreme gamer, THOUGH for entry lvl I would stick with the xtreme music card, it's a tad more expensive but worth it, but whatever you do, DON'T bother with the xtreme audio card, its really a piece of shit.
    -----------------