Thread: All new GW Survivor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would

All new GW Survivor

That’s right guys it’s all new and very big this time. If you don’t know what it is, or want to know what this is all about read on

This time is going to be different and longer then the one it’s based off of. Starting with 20 members there will be 5 rounds of play 4 weeks long. The first of which will be posted May 8th. There is a prize, and a very good one at that. So let’s get some ground rules down first before we start posting our comments

Who are the players?

Picked from the current active members of the forums at the moment. These are the 5 groups or “teams”

Team #1
    Kraco
    PSJ
    UltxDarkRedX1
    Jadugar

Team #2 (Team (THE) DROPOUT CREW)
    Deblas*
    dragonrage*
    IFingHateTonTon*
    RyougaZell*

Team #3
    Carnage (God#2)
    Chaoskiddo
    xDarkMaster
    Knives122

(*=Confirmed)

Of course I can’t have everyone involved, this list will be updated as changes may happen

How is it being done?

Basically the idea is very much like the Survivor TV series, we start with 20 members and after 5 voting rounds we will have only one. Each voting round there will be either members or teams of members.

Each round will have it’s own way of voting, because different events will ask for different voting processes.

The first and second rounds will be Team based so that means members will be expected to work as one to finish the goal. The forums will vote on what team’s submissions they liked the most, that Team will be granted immunity

The rest of the teams’ members will then vote off one of their own members from their team. They will then send their votes to the Mod in charge of their team who will then relay the result to myself to be posted. A member must write at least one reason why they voted off that person. As delays in getting all the votes in from all the team members could take forever, I’m purposing right now that the due date for them votes is a week and after one week we don't get a reply it's automatically a vote against them

The third round and the fourth will be announced later, however the fifth and last round, which will have only 4 members, will be a general vote by everyone. At the end of the first round there will be 16 members left, followed by 12 after the second, then 8 after the third, and 4 at the end of the fourth round.

The Cycle will be:

(Remember this week is just to get everything straighten out, and thus doesn’t count)

First week: The event announced with the submissions relayed to the proper staff
    Second week: The start of voting
    Third week: Other voting (in the case of the first two rounds)
    Fourth Week: Tallying and recording will be done (This will be placed in this sticky)

However it can change by event

Where is it going to be done?

Here on the general discussion board in two threads. The first, which this one is, it’s for posting up that current status of it and to display the rules. The second is the voting thread there will be a new one each round so 4 in total. Once another is made other one is locked and unstickied.

Why are we doing it?

You need a reason to have some fun?. Well then…

Who is in charge?

For the course of the game I will be the arbiter, with the rest of the staff acting as just that staff. Rulings made by us are final, discussion will not be made.

What is in it for me?

For this game there will be a prize that should not be a shock to you. The prize has been made up and let me tell you it “kicks ass”. However we will not be telling you what it is. Feel free to guess at it, but I’ll give you a hint that it’s not what most of you would think it is.

My name isn’t on the list there must be a mistake.

There is no mistake, the list is what it is, if your name isn’t on it, hope to be a replacement.

My name is on the list but I don’t want to play

If you don’t want to play for any reason that’s up to you. Just let me know by a PM to replace you with a replacement.

All right with all of that out of the way start your discussion, praise, comments, discussion, or insults. Also I would like all those that will be playing to at least post once on this thread to verify your position

Current vote offs

LaZyKiD*
    XanBcoo*
    Psyke*
    darkshadow*
    BOARD_of_command*
    FrogKing*
    Lucifus*
    Phoenix20578*

Events

GWS: Event #1
    GWS: Event #2
    GWS: Event #3
    Last edited by Deadfire; Tue, 06-20-2006 at 08:33 AM.
    image fail!

this is gonna be interesting
    hope i get to be a replacement :P

I'm official.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Awesome. I assume this is based on the "member of the month" thread in the Suggestion forum? If so, the criteria on which people will be voting, is it just being a good poster?
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Mon, 05-01-2006 at 12:22 AM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Wow this is great! I'm a player

Ummm, I'm really confused Deadfire, you said if you want to know what's going on read on, but never actually explained what GW survivor is, just how it will work. I'm just asking what are these people actually going to be doing.

I'm with Yukimura here. What's all this about? Are we chucking them all on some deserted island to fend for themselves?
    Last edited by Mr Squiggles; Tue, 05-02-2006 at 01:29 AM.

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

Man I really need to start posting more often. I fee left out but it's nice ot see this game well and alive again.

eh, ya....are we still doing what you guys talked about or what?

also, are we voting on who moves on out of each team, or who gets kicked out from each team or what?

I should start reading the anime threads again. I haven't seen posts from most of the guys on that list for a while.

My guess for the prize: An all expences paid round trip to sunny siberia.

My bets on PSJ or B_O_D

Someone needs to run a book on this thing :P

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Cool Clarification on GotWoot Survivor

I hope this provides clarification:

YOU ARE VOTING FOR THE PERSON YOU WANT TO LOSE!
    I believe you will be able to vote for one person out of each of the groups, and at the end of the first voting session the two with the most votes to be kicked off within each group get kicked off. At some point the teams are narrowed down and we continue until there is only one GotWoot Survivor.

What they are doing:
    Events will be announced in due time, but they're basically there to give voters different angles to look at and judge who to vote off. But votes can be cast for whatever reasons you want.

Basically the idea is very much like the Survivor TV series, We start with 20 members and after 4 voting rounds we will have only one. Each voting round there will be 3-5 members the members of the forum will vote on, to vote off the contest. It will go like this

Starting with 20 members we divide them into 4 "Teams" of 5 and have 4 voting sessions go on at the same time. The next week the 2 members from each team that have the most votes are voted off, this leaves us with 12. On the second week we merge two teams together so we have 2 teams of 6 .We have another round of voting, and 2 get kicked off. For the 3rd round we have 8 members left and the vote will happen again with their 2 teams, so we end up with 4 members for the 4th and final round. The Final round has those 4 now being voted on to be the winner.
    I am going off of discussion that some of the staff had, and as far as I'm aware the quote above is the format picked for voting off and all that jazz.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Sexiness.

And omg how did el_boss correctly guess the prize?

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Well I added Masa's clarification to the main post. It's just like he said. He will not just have voting rounds in which you vote for who you want to win you will be vote on the options given after a event. This will make more sense after you see the first event.

Right now, the players just need to know they are on the list, and everyone else at this point needs to know that at some point in each of the rounds they will be voting. Thats all

I guess not many people want to take a guess at the prize yet either
    image fail!

Quote Originally Posted by el_boss
    My guess for the prize: An all expences paid round trip to sunny siberia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terracosmo
    And omg how did el_boss correctly guess the prize?
    Heh. It's just too bad the trips to Siberia are usually of the one-way kind...

Edit: My post was redundant so I've deleted it.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Quote Originally Posted by Deadfire
    xDarkMaster
    BOARD_of_command
    LaZyKiD
    God#2
    Jadugar
    Ha, God#2 is on my team. Looks like we only have to vote 1 person then.