Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Manga: Vinland Saga

That certainly does look like it's coming.
    I think we'll see him back in action, but not before they get beat around a little.

At least something other than a plant was cut down in the chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by xtallography View Post
    At least something other than a plant was cut down in the chapter.
    Zing!!!!

After not reading any manga for months, started reading this once again and now I'm caught up. The boring crap continues, but... well looking forward for when it decides to return to kicking ass. And Canute is one cold mother fucker.

Canute and Thorfinn kind of switched sides as far as brutality goes.

Kinda weird when throughout the whole series you thought Canute will have tits, now he has a beard.

Pretty funny with the sons and then the fathers come to try and resolve the issue peacefully lol.
    Hopefully go back to the escaped slave and Thorfinn to let loose!

Also, not sure if we've seen Leif Ericson appear prior to this? Might have to go back and read.

I think we've seen him previously, I'm not sure. But he'll probably play a bigger role now since I think we'll see him meeting Thorfinn soon. Although the mangaka might just be some sort of cameo chance meeting for the history buffs. I really want to know how Thorfinn will fit into the whole Canute plot and how it'll relate with the voyage towards Vinland (if we'll get there at all in the series).

We've seen him both in the very beginning and right after the time skip. He's been a very minor character, he was from Thorfin's original village.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
    We've seen him both in the very beginning and right after the time skip. He's been a very minor character, he was from Thorfin's original village.
    Right, was he the one that came from that village pretty much looking for Thorfinn, or just recognized him when Thorfinn became a slave or something along those lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    I think we've seen him previously, I'm not sure. But he'll probably play a bigger role now since I think we'll see him meeting Thorfinn soon. Although the mangaka might just be some sort of cameo chance meeting for the history buffs. I really want to know how Thorfinn will fit into the whole Canute plot and how it'll relate with the voyage towards Vinland (if we'll get there at all in the series).
    That's what I'm wanting to know also. Well, it seems that they will become enemies. Canute is going to try and confiscate the land from Ketil and there will be some type of battle where many people (if not all) will be killed.

Here we'll see Thorfinn starting to mould into the real warrior Askeladd mentions. This will be where he probably starts to fight against Canute. Although, this kinda goes against what his father said about using the sword to protect, the way I describe sounds more like Thorfinn starting a fight with Canute.

Anyone have any theories?

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Right, was he the one that came from that village pretty much looking for Thorfinn, or just recognized him when Thorfinn became a slave or something along those lines?
    That's who I was thought it was, but wasn't entirely sure.

I would say Canute finds the inside scoop on how many troops Ketil has, and when he finds that it's only a few, he gets a very small party to take it over. However, the whole group comes back after a defeat--many troops are injured, but no casualties. Canute gets irate over this seemingly cowardly bunch. He sends a much more senior commander to do the job right--same thing happens. This time Canute goes over himself with a large force. He sees that it's Thorfinn causing all the trouble, so it all makes sense to him now. He tries to get Thorfinn over to his own side, offering him a great position, but Thorfinn won't have any of it. Canute offers him an ultimatum: "Join me or die." Outnumbered, Thorfinn's party loses, but not before Thorfinn has a great opportunity for a kill shot on Canute, which, of course, he does not take and it's over from then. They might even make Thorfinn watch as Canute kills his friends. Canute keeps Thorfinn alive. He visits him in prison wondering what happened to him. Thorfinn explains his new reasoning and about Vinland, but Canute thinks he's gone crazy. He mocks him for his idealism and lets him go out of pity. He doesn't need an ally like that, and he's no real threat as an enemy. Something like that.

Chapters 78-80:
    http://www.mediafire.com/hoxbox#n3xh8b1v33gnn

Thorfinn still being a pussy, but some nice action as of late.

You can tell Thorfinn action is coming soon, you can just feel it.
    Still going to be a few more being a pussy chapters though.

I didn't think Arneis would've had a husband and child, thought she would've been with the Ketil family for a long time. When she was a young girl or something. (Not sure if it was mentioned when or what age she became a slave)

I'm also glad Gargar won the fight fairly easily, since I think it would've been pretty cheap to get beaten.

After such a long wait, it finally feels like Thorfinn will be out of options. Took bloody long enough. No idea if he ends up fighting now, but I doubt he will continue the farm work there. Fight or walk away. Either one is swell.

I wonder if the first real fight Thorfinn gets into if he kicks major ass or does his rust comes through and he gets his ass kicked in return. I'm thinking he's going to be a beast.

He should be a beast against average opponents. He lived so long as a thorough warrior that it's impossible for all of it to rust away, especially knowledge and battle wisdom. Add to that his new, considerable strength. However, he shouldn't be able to beat an above average battle scarred veteran right off the bat. He hasn't even honed his new adult body to fighting. His experience is from times when he had more agility and less power. That should make him a bit clumsy at first.

This is a manga Kraco, let's just have him kick ass! The mangaka owes it to us for the wait.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled boring killing free Vinland Saga #81 Storm [Online Viewing]