Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Manga: Vinland Saga

Up to 86 is out on the online readers. Things are picking up ever so gradually...

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    I really like how the action/fighting is choreographed in this series, but unfortunately the story isn't written around it anymore. I don't dislike the new direction, but it feels like ever so slightly wasted potential...

Well, I don't think we'll have to wait long until it gets back into the action/fighting sequences from what we knew before. I believe it isn't too far away.

But it was good to see the fighting again, and both of them sizing each other up and complementing the other.

Chapter 91 is out Online Viewing... people have started dying again in a nice cannon fodder sort of way. Too bad Thorfinn is headed in the opposite direction.

Yeah too bad. It would be incredibly disappointing if he doesn't get to confront Canute during this dabocle.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by xtallography View Post
    Too bad Thorfinn is headed in the opposite direction.
    He has little interest in fighting these days. Unless Ketil's forces get defeated but the man himself manages to survive to go after his woman, I don't really see Thorfinn finding a reason to lift a finger.

I get the feeling we aren't going to get the old Thorfinn back. It makes me sad.

Well I wasn't hoping to see the old Thorfiinn, I was hoping he would become more like his father was. For now it seems like he is going to try to live like a pacifist until he finds himself in a situation where he is forced to fight after which he will probably just wallow in self recrimination. It is not that bad but this arc has been incredibly anticlimactic.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Not necessarily to see Thorfinn back to his old ways, but more see him fight again protecting people or what not. It seems that he still has a bit more reflection before this is to happen, just hope that it isn't too long.
    I agree, that this arc has been incredibly anticlimactical.

Any of you guys still reading this?

I kinda stopped when at the time scans were hard to come by, though honestly the current arc around that time wasn't interesting me much. I do hope it would return to form though, and kinda in the mood to get into this world again. The early portion was fantastic for me.

Anyways, just bumping this at the moment to let you guys know that it's getting an anime:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...studio/.129196

All caught up now to chapter 148. Things have improved since I had last stopped, and looks to be getting back into form. Can't wait for more to be out.