Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Manga Discussion

ANBU Captain
    332 is out.
    See was that so hard? Now let's pair these matchups a little bit better. So now they have the flame dragon riding with them. I wonder if the teachers of the dragon slayer magic were also kings of their element. Like was Wendy and gajeel's dragons kings or queens? Anyways this chapter was short but still kinda informative. Lol Natsu didn't even throw any punches....this guy just starts eating.

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    See was that so hard? Now let's pair these matchups a little bit better. So now they have the flame dragon riding with them.
    Even you didn't foresee the fire dragon suddenly switching sides. I still think Natsu's attacks wouldn't have done nearly as much damage against this dragon than some other, random dragon. But I guess if his stomach is bottomless, he could have eaten this particular dragon to death if the wyrm hadn't saved himself by turning his coat suddenly.

I wouldn't expect things to go so smoothly with the rest of them, but if they can fight them 2vs1, it might make a difference.

I should have known a weekly shounen manga wouldn't yet show what I mostly wanted to see: If Millianna attacked Jellal or not.

ANBU Captain
    Nah I wasn't calling the side switch, I don't think anyone could've called that. Honestly I thought zilconis might have switched before atlas flame. Which btw makes me wonder how strong this persuasive dragon magic rouge is wielding is even that strong. I mean if a fond memory or respect for another dragon was enough to turn atlas, what's to say that an asswhoopin from acnologia might have the same effect. They could get trashed then be like "forget this two-toned haired fairy I'm outta here"

Anyways I think that for FT and the collective of dragonslayers and mages alike to have any success in these upcoming bouts they need to make these matchups more catered to their strengths

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    Nah I wasn't calling the side switch, I don't think anyone could've called that. Honestly I thought zilconis might have switched before atlas flame. Which btw makes me wonder how strong this persuasive dragon magic rouge is wielding is even that strong. I mean if a fond memory or respect for another dragon was enough to turn atlas, what's to say that an asswhoopin from acnologia might have the same effect. They could get trashed then be like "forget this two-toned haired fairy I'm outta here"
    Was Atlas in the anti-human while Igneel was in the pro-human faction? If Atlas was in the pro-human as well, and was just controlled by Rogue, then breaking that mind control would be more plausible. However, for an anti-human dragon it would make little difference at the moment: They get to fight humans, so what does it matter how it started? Naturally later any dragon, if broken free of the control, would want to slay Rogue for the insolence alone. But for the moment anti-humans would likely just play along to get an extra chance to wreak havoc.

Especially someone like Zilconis wouldn't even need any mind controlling. I bet that dragon would have volunteered for the trip if asked.

333:

I hope Ul trying to assassinate Rogue isn't the trigger that ultimately turns him evil. That would be too transparent. Nevertheless, it looks like Ul hasn't changed that much from her time in Grimoire Heart if she's so ready to preemptively slay people, based on a theory.

I hope Hiro Mashima writes a Ul hentai after all this is done.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Ch. 334 is out. And yes I do hope he makes a hentai about Ul...I mean.....look at those hips!!

Also, Gray....BAM

So they killed off Gray and have someone who can control TIME lamenting herself and still looking for redemption. She will revive Gray and then die in the progress. Then it has come full circle. Gray saving Ultear...Ultear saving Gray.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    So they killed off Gray and have someone who can control TIME lamenting herself and still looking for redemption. She will revive Gray and then die in the progress. Then it has come full circle. Gray saving Ultear...Ultear saving Gray.
    It's certainly looking like it'll go down that way. A shame, though, to see those hips... Umm... I mean to see that splendid mage go. Actually the execution was quite annoying with Gray suddenly behaving like some amateur paying no attention to his surroundings in the middle of a battlefield. Gray saving Juvia (once again) was sweet, of course, but it should have been in better style. On the other hand, if Ul is to perish in the process, maybe that means Crime Sorciere will disband and Jellal will join Fairy Tail. That would allow Jellal and Erza to finally get married, and Fairy Tail would get another S class mage.

Ul won't die. Nobody dies. This is Onepiece, remember?

Yeah but then Fairy Tail would be harboring one of the most wanted criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    Yeah but then Fairy Tail would be harboring one of the most wanted criminals.
    Doesn't matter. If Fairy Tail wanted to do it, they would do it. Even the king wouldn't dare to stop them. Especially if they survive this dragon onslaught. The council is one big joke, anyway, and they wouldn't have done anything at all in this battle, either, if Jellel hadn't asked them to fetch the prisoner (and that's all they probably will do). They have zero credibility, so if they push it too far, they will lose the support of all the guilds and cease to exist at all. Should Fairy Tail say Jellal was instrumental in this battle and will be in the future ones against Zeref and Acnologia, that's it.

335:

Looks like Ul did join the scarce company of people dying in Fairy Tail. It would be quite anticlimactic if she somehow revived after this. I guess it's like mother, like daughter...

Steep price for one minute for an individual, but at the same time quite appropriate in the bigger picture.

Blog Entries
    SO UNEXPECTED!

It would be quite anticlimactic if...
    Then it's happening.

Still......dat ass.

Talk about an anticlimactic and disappointing ending to the arc. Of course future Lucy is still alive. Guess the only purpose this whole thing served to do was show that none of the dragonslayers could defeat an actual dragon.
    "You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways."

Yeah, I have to say this was really anticlimactic. It doesn't feel like Natsu had to put in so much effort to defeat future-Rogue. I'm quite happy none of the dragons were defeated, especially Zilconis (it was also nice how the giant troll got himself trolled by the princess). It would have been pity if they were so weak these mages all worn-out by the tournament could have beaten them.

Looks like pretty much nobody died, following true Fairy Tail traditions. Except for Ul.

So, I just finished catching up. good to see that there's a live discussion of fairy-tail.
    didn't dig much the timeskip, felt that it didn't serve any purpose (besides giving the new weapon time to be built and charged) and mostly screwed up the ages for me.

Also, I don't know if it's been suggested or not, but is it possible that the bad dragon (Ontologica?) is actually rouge\shadow turned dragon in some sort of time loop?

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I doubt that, Acnologia was said to have killed many dragons. Considering how much trouble the present-day dragon slayers had, I dont think rouge has the ability to pull that off.

I agree. Assuming not too much we have heard of Acnologia isn't false history, I don't think it really matches. Right now future-Rogue couldn't even beat Natsu who hadn't had a single break from too many fights before this one. So, it woud need to be twice-the-future-Rogue would would travel back far enough to become one of the first dragon slayers and then Acnologia. But I have a feeling the history would have been different if a highly accomplished dragon slayer had appeared out of nowhere. After all, it was dragons who first decided to turn humans into such, so the first ones must have been quite rudimentary indeed.

However, there's something else that could partially bridge them. Rogue seemed to have a problem with an external, intelligent shadow during the fight with Gajeel. I don't know what manner of a demon it was or if it was actually sent in by the future-Rogue (or if future-Rogue is possessed by it as well), but I wouldn't consider it impossible that same thing latched itself onto one ancient dragon slayer and caused it to develop into Acnologia.

Chapters 338, 339, and 340 are out! Next week will have a triple chapter issue as well.