Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1159

Thread: Fairy Tail Manga Discussion

exactly, 400 is going to be a spectacle.
    maybe Natsu upgrade is going to be black flame eating, which will develop in him a sinister side...

bring it!!!

Good old Acnologia is back. I join the chorus of expecting nice development and action from the next chapters. Although things could go any way from now on. I still don't see these folks fighting Acnologia. They couldn't even beat regular dragons before. If other dragons appear in numbers, things could change, but at that point humans should be mainly concerned about staying alive.

Blog Entries
    Hope he kills them all, for real this time

Acnologia gives me chills.

well, that should be an amazing fight.

It would suck if after all this time, the whole series so far, that is, of Natsu yearning to see Igneel again, the dragon would simply get himself killed by challenging Acnologia. Realistically speaking Igneel shouldn't stand a chance, at least alone. If the other dragon slayers (genuine ones, not Laxus) all spit out a dragon, then things certainly could change. Though that still wouldn't guarantee none of them would die.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    It would suck if after all this time, the whole series so far, that is, of Natsu yearning to see Igneel again, the dragon would simply get himself killed by challenging Acnologia. Realistically speaking Igneel shouldn't stand a chance, at least alone. If the other dragon slayers (genuine ones, not Laxus) all spit out a dragon, then things certainly could change. Though that still wouldn't guarantee none of them would die.
    Well, since all the other dragon slayers are also in thu-thump mode, I fully expect them to spit up dragons as well. Although Rogue and Sting's dragons are supposed to be dead. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidnne View Post
    Although Rogue and Sting's dragons are supposed to be dead. Should be interesting.
    When this happened with Igneel, I immediately thought that maybe the dragons needed to get rid of their old corporeal bodies to reside inside a dragon slayer. If that's the case, then Natsu, Gajeel & Wendy's dragons might have simply decided to spare themselves from the shame of looking so weak and seemingly dying in front of their underlings, whereas Rogue and Sting's dragons didn't opt to do it. Honestly, if I was a dragon doing it (and my theory was correct), I would rather "die" somewhere out of sight. It would be more mysterious, fitting a legendary creature like a dragon, plus far more dignified. Probably also better for the child dragon slayers, though it's hard to say. Natsu has always been eagerly looking for Igneel, never doubting one day he will find his adopted father, but what would he be like if he had seen Igneel die?

I can't tell if it's a reasonable Natsu behavior or not...
    chapter 401

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    I can't tell if it's a reasonable Natsu behavior or not...
    Reasonable and Natsu rarely see eye to eye. What happened in this chapter was very Natsu like.

I might have actually underestimated Igneel in my earlier post. Acnologia might be the toughest of them all, but that doesn't necessarily mean there would be a huge gap to Igneel, for example. If Igneel is the king of the fire dragons, I'd assume he's also quite badass. It's quite possible Acnologia never fought against the strongest dragons out there. I still think Acnologia is stronger, maybe even significantly, but Igneel might not be throwing his life away, after all. Igneel & the rest might have had some other reasons not to do anything for a long time, basically hiding, leaving the black dragon to his own devices. Maybe something related to the E.N.D.

I kind of doubt Natsu could steal the book and then not open it, especially after having been forbidden it. He's such a kid.

ANBU Captain
    Igneel is BADASS! I mean acnologia is a dragonslayer but now that he is a full dragon should he still have dragon slaying properties? Well I guess we won't be seeing the iron or sky dragons yet. But I feel like they will come out soon.

404:

Actually, if you think about it, it could be this has all been for nothing. After all, the magic council is the biggest collection of incompentents the world of magic has ever known, so what are the chances Face would even work? Logically, quite low. The previous great magic weapon, Etherion, actually worked against their wishes when Jellal simply used it to charge his tower's batteries. It didn't destroy shit even thought it was supposed to have the power to annihilate a city or a small country, whatever it was. Of course the demons needs to get their ass kicked, if for nothing else then for blowing up the FT HQ, but on the other hand they should show some leniency because the demons actually did the world a great service by freeing it of the council of idiots.

some dragon might sacrifice itself to defuse face. or use the facepower to banish anacologia and themselves away from the battle field for a while.

but yes, Face misfiring because the council is horrible does seem like a logical conclusion. but who built all these ancient weapons? was it the previous council or this one?

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

ANBU Captain
    Happy couldn't have said it better, "Because it's ERZA!" Pretty much sums up every FT victory lol. I think that's why I enjoy it. No matter how predictable it gets. At least it's entertaining. I literally expect no depth from this Shonen and it allows me to enjoy it fully! When characters lose badly it's like the biggest attention grabbing moment. Then a good guy wins. Pretty much offering fan service to every character and leaving speculation on who is stronger it the hands of the fans, where it belongs.

Chapter 405

So Acnologia can talk? I'm not a fan of it. Him seeming to be a mindless force of destruction was more appealing; giving him a voice and a personality took away all the mystique and terror.

He was never depicted as a mindless force and it makes sense he can talk, having been a regular human, even if a dragon slayer, in the past. However, I very much agree on the opinion he should have staid silent and thus more mysterious and menacing. Perhaps he could have uttered a few heavy last words upon his ultimate defeat, which likely isn't going to happen any time soon.

ANBU Captain
    He's like the brolly of the series. I think he will retain that menacing aura in the story

407:

Good thing Juvia isn't there to see Gray now. She wouldn't be able to keep her panties on. In any case this is undoubtly Gray's moment of glory. He just arrived and seemingly already hit Mard Geer harder than the three dragon slayers combined, assuming the demon king dude doesn't just shake the absolute zero ice off his arm.

I wonder what Mavis's deal is. Why must nobody know of it? Zeref is hanging around all the time (literally), which means he ought to know what lumen histoire is all about as well. The spin-off series revealed Mavis is an illusion mage. That alone could suggest some bullshit like a part of the world of magic is just a grand illusion, but that theory wouldn't hold with Zeref. It's just pretty hard to imagine great many truths about the world that absolutely need to be kept secret.

ANBU Captain
    Sting and Rouge' s power has ascended to Fairy tail level!! It doesn't matter if you are outclassed in every way, now the true power of selflessness and friendship overcomes logic. There are some animes where characters undergo this background sequence of events to explain growth. Fairy tail just presses FF on development and gives you the outcome. Who knew? If you cut out all the back story from every anime fight and showed the cause, effect and outcome that it looks like a FT arc

Still, villainy also takes you pretty far. To the second place. Or actually to the first place, until the final fight with Fairy Tail or likeminded comes. Who knows how it all will end with Zeref, at the very end. He's looking at Natsu to grant him peace, so maybe it will end with that, super traditionally, but maybe the series will give us a single surprise before it ends.

Besides, if it takes two FT-minded people to beat a single villain, you might argue the villain was stronger than any single FT-minded. Of course since FT actually advocates friends above everything else, then beating somebody 2 vs 1 is an aspect of FT power.

Edit: FT Zero kind of feels nicer than the main story, perhaps because it's so fresh. I'm not usually a lover of spinoffs, but it's good. Despite of loli fanservice...