Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1159

Thread: Fairy Tail Manga Discussion

Yeah, I'd be somewhat surprised if he wasn't just acting for the purpose of doing undercover research. In the end the best way of finding information about evil is to associate with evil. Gray has become quite strong already as it is, so there's little reason for him to fall under the influence of any external power against his will. Such things would be for weaklings.

Juvia doesn't seem of much use right now, but are they just going to leave her sick and alone in the abandoned village?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Yeah, I'd be somewhat surprised if he wasn't just acting for the purpose of doing undercover research. In the end the best way of finding information about evil is to associate with evil. Gray has become quite strong already as it is, so there's little reason for him to fall under the influence of any external power against his will. Such things would be for weaklings.

Juvia doesn't seem of much use right now, but are they just going to leave her sick and alone in the abandoned village?
    Juvia's character annoys me. She is supposed to be a S-rank wizard, who was a member of the elite Element 4 in Phantom Lord. Yet, since joining Fairy Tail, it's almost been forgotten that she is S-rank and she has seemingly been reduced to a fairly weak wizard who only finds moments of strength when fighting for Gray. It would be nice to see her develop some confidence and be on the level of Erza and Mirajane, and have them become famous as Fairy Tail's S-rank Female Trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidnne View Post
    Juvia's character annoys me. She is supposed to be a S-rank wizard, who was a member of the elite Element 4 in Phantom Lord. Yet, since joining Fairy Tail, it's almost been forgotten that she is S-rank and she has seemingly been reduced to a fairly weak wizard who only finds moments of strength when fighting for Gray. It would be nice to see her develop some confidence and be on the level of Erza and Mirajane, and have them become famous as Fairy Tail's S-rank Female Trio.
    I disagree. She was never a fighter, deep down. She's more like Lucy in that sense. She practices magic for other reasons than to kick ass in battle, let alone seek fights. In fact she doesn't really practice magic as such, she simply is her water magic. She was an elite in Phantom Lord because aside from the master and Gajeel, Phantom Lord sucked. Well, actually even the master sucked, just like Sabertooth's master. She was also not being true to herself during those times. Kind of like a disillusioned soldier who's doing what they're told to do without a question, but who wouldn't score any unexpected victories. After meeting Gray, she dedicated herself to chasing him. She didn't care about getting stronger as a fighter. Erza is obviously as battle crazy as the dudes. Mirajane used to fight a lot in the past.

ANBU Captain
    Great, now Gray has gone all Sasuke-curse-seal mode on us. Natsu's friendship no-jutsu will bring him back to the light though.

I'm sure he is just undercover again though.
    Gray's new design looks awesome! Just like the new GotWoot layout!

well, this looks nice, back to the time travel things...

can someone remind me what was going on there?

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    well, this looks nice, back to the time travel things...

can someone remind me what was going on there?
    Frosch's death was the thing that caused Rogue to turn to the dark side. And for some reason he came back in time, not to save Frosch, but to obtain an army of dragon's to fight Acnologia.

As expected, Gray wasn't under any influence but his own shortsightedness. The dude left behind a super sexy lady totally devoted to him to go after some moldy old book. That's really everything that needs to be said about his stupidity.

Gajeel is smart, though. He joined the council punitive force, which grants him two valuable things: He's legally hunting down and fighting criminals, likely the toughest ones, with the organization doing all the annoying work for him, that is, finding the targets and sorting out any damages to the surroundings. He just needs to travel there and fight. The other bonus is that he gets to fight alone, without needing to share the opponents with other battle crazy powerhouses. After all, the squad following him is made of the useless council nonames good for nothing but carrying his food and camping equipment.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    But what we all wanna know if Levy is waiting for him at home.

ANBU Captain
    Can't believe there is a point in my life where I am excited for FT like I am excited for a OP or Naruto chapter! I seriously will be anxiously awaiting the reunion of FT'S powerhouse members

427 is out.

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/427

Natsu is just a total badass now. Hard to believe Gildarts is still on a whole different level from him.

Natsu is just a total badass now. Hard to believe Gildarts is still on a whole different level from him.
    Is he? From what we have seen, Gildarts hasn't been training for years, unless you count expanding his bedroom techniques as training. Moreover, he's a few organs/limbs short of a full supply, if memory serves, and that doesn't make a person stronger. Since Natsu's goal is defeating Acnologia, and Acnologia defeated Gildarts in a rather one-sided manner, Natsu really needs to get much stronger than Gildarts.

429-430

- -- - --

I wasn't expecting much from the truth of Gray's situation, but somehow the manga still managed to go below my low expectations. It seems kind of pointless to give it a second chance anymore, which might still have been possible if Gray had saved those two without really exposing himself and disappeared promptly. I guess I'll just have to take whatever small morsels were offered, such as Erza working for Jellal on this mission.

But, damn, Juvia's treatment was still quite unforgivable. Even if Gray did leave, why couldn't they send anyone to try to take care of Juvia? Or did they try, but Juvia accepted none of it?

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Why send someone to take care of her? She's a grown woman. I just don't think they saw it coming that she'd just....sit there in the rain all the time.

they've been living together for 2 years. I think A. She deserves to know about it. B. He should know better about how she behaves.
    But really, what was the point? they didn't do anything interesting with him being a deserter and there's not nothing interesting with him being a double agent.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    Why send someone to take care of her? She's a grown woman. I just don't think they saw it coming that she'd just....sit there in the rain all the time.
    I don't know? Maybe because Fairy Tail has been all about friendship and all for one, one for all since the very beginning. It would make some sense that in such a big family people wouldn't think that "she's an adult, she can deal with her grief by herself". The old Sabertooth used to be like that, but Fairy Tail never was. It's an unbelievably dick move that they just took Gray away and left Juvia sitting in the rain alone. I hope somebody breaks a couple of Erza's bones. Needless to say, Gray himself would need to pay as well, but to be honest, Juvia will be instantly healed when Gray reappears in perfect health, so the most appropriate punishment for Gray would be to never leave Juvia behind again (other than the normal way). He could marry her, for example.

435-436

- - - --

It's like the publisher suddenly told Mashima he has only an x number of chapters left before the manga must end. Chapter 436 suddenly had more information than the last 100 chapters combined before it...

Acnologia is like a level 80 dragonborn who is bored of wandering around, killing all opposing monsters and men without breaking a sweat. Now Zeref fortunately appeared and offered a new mod with a super strong opponent.

430-435 were complete junk.
    but at least we have something to work with for the future.

ANBU Captain
    436 definitely added a tremendous amount if depth to the story considering the general flow of the manga. Acnologia looks badass outside of his full dragons laying form. I wonder how old he is and whether or not a full dragon from extends his life span

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    436 definitely added a tremendous amount if depth to the story considering the general flow of the manga. Acnologia looks badass outside of his full dragons laying form. I wonder how old he is and whether or not a full dragon from extends his life span
    Nah, it didn't add any depth whatsoever. It only added information out of nowhere. This sort of stuff should be revealed smartly via the main characters finding something and talking about something, not by narration out of the blue. That's just bullshit infodumb. You can't really call this Zeref's flashback when the dude hasn't been a character appearing by his own right in any meaningful manner so far. I wouldn't have had anything at all against seeing only Zeref and Acnologia's meeting, that was quite cool indeed, but Zeref's (and Natsu's) early history should have been revealed elsewhere in a different manner.