Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1159

Thread: Fairy Tail Manga Discussion

ANBU Captain
    Good point....it was out of the clear blue. I guess the reveal skewed my judgement.

All in all I'm pleased with the general pacing of the manga ever since I stopped taking it seriously like 4 arcs ago. Btw where the hell is Gildarts??

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    Btw where the hell is Gildarts??
    Funnily enough Gildarts being nowhere to be seen even during times such as these is in fact no wonder. From the beginning of the manga the man had a reputation of disappearing for years. So, since he refused the guild master's position, it's only consistent that he's again and still missing. The guild being disbanded for a year is a detail that might even escape his notice, as a single year is nothing for him. It's kind of like a joke, but at least it's well founded.

437 is the usual shit.
    why bother with this? we had the exact same thing after tenrou island: "oh, no! we've been away from the guild for so long, how are we going to make it!"
    and a minute later it's "all the guild members love the guild, here's everyone. although it's mostly 4th string characters that you don't remember at all"

it's a cliffhanger for the sake of cliff hanging. there's no story about the guild being disbanded.

Yeah, this was utterly pointless. I suppose Mashima wrote this only to give people a bit of a power-up, new connections, etc. It might be even psychologically sound. If the guild hadn't disbanded, it's likely people wouldn't have dispersed to seek new possibilities, even though Natsu did hit the road early. What comes to the stuff in this particular chapter, perhaps Mashima just loves scenes like this? Like making Lucy cry'n'stuff. He must have a grand entrance for Laxus in mind, to boot.

439 is a bit exciting.
    weird to have this happen now, and we've just seen some actual plot progress, but a nice development, nonetheless.

utter crap storytelling as usual.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    I am mainly looking forward to seeing more Dragonslayers. I mean a kingdom of 730 guilds? Gotta have some Dragon Slayers around.

444. guess who's back?

maybe zeref also has a 'kill me someday' brother hiding somewhere in this empire.

It's always Zeref. The Edolas incident must have been the only one that had nothing to do with him. I wonder if Acnologia has been messing around on the other continent as well since Zeref is camping there. The ocean would be meaningless for a dragon, after all, and I doubt the wizards there, no matter how tough they seemed, would pose much of a threat.

ANBU Captain
    I like how they shut down spacial magic users before they get to shine. Lol erza Lucy natsu's and gray would've got wrecked if that chick didn't randomly erase him from existence. It was cool though. Natsu clearly had a trump card to bs his way thru it. He was holding his arm like he had a secret technique a couple chapters ago.
    Anyways on the current chapter, meh.....yet another Zeref sighting. Still waiting for him to do something overwhelming

Well Zeref rules the other continent. Pretty much declared war as well.

Chapter 447:

- - - -- - -

Who could count how many grand entrances Laxus has had so far? The sand dude was doomed the moment Laxus appeared for the simple reason he would be generating huge amounts of static electricity every time he moved masses of dry sand (he even advertised how dry it is). So, Laxus pretty much had half of his work done for him by the opponent himself. The more effort the sand dude puts in, the easier it gets for Laxus. Azir looked so stupid that I doubt he would have even realised it, making it even easier, if possible, for Laxus.

ANBU Captain
    These chapters with Zeref have been Awesome

They certainly fleshed him out a lot. It's now easier to understand his current personality and why he's doing what he is doing. Although not a fan of flashbacks, I wouldn't mind one explaining better the things between Zeref and Acnologia.

ANBU Captain
    Definitely. It seems like Zeref could be one of those main villains who could split given his dabbling in other dark arts next to the actual caring side of who he seems to truly be. I could accept a piccolo kami separation of his main form. The curse of contradictions could yield an immense evil version of himself that could manifest when they power of friendship him.

As far as acnologia goes, he seems like his back story may be one dimensional. Maybe a power hungry dragon trained him then he killed him by following through with the same basic principle of being strong. Then natsu or someone from fairy tail will beat him showing that nothing is stronger than friendship lol

459 & 460.
    really? it takes them more than a single panel to figure out they can switch enemies?

it's not even a tactic, it's lack of foresight from the guy who designed the robots to match their weakness.

what's the proper way to make the sound effect of D'hDoY?

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

It's starting to seem to me the Spriggan in fact aren't so awesomely powerful apart from their main skill. Figure out a way around that, and they have a big weakness or a few. Just like this one robot demonstrated. They are like a ceramic knife: Sharper than anything but bend it a little and it snaps. I don't even want to mention the shrinking woman's case here... That was too pitiful. When FT first started to fight the weakness creations, I couldn't help but think Mashima had watched his Days of Future Past.

What I'm mostly looking forward to in this war is Jellal making an appearance. He's an early powerful, hyped, character and has made a number of appearances, but we still haven't got a real fight from him. So, we basically don't know what he's really capable of as a former Wizard Saint who has only grown more powerful since then. While I'd have enjoyed seeing Erza get saved by him, as they are my favourite couple in the series after Gray and Juvia, I think it was much better this way. It would have been sort of forced in an untasteful way considering Titania is not a person needing saving.

And finally we had the reveal to Natsu that he is END. A demon as well as Zeref's brother. Also there are only 5 real dragon slayers. Which is a pity. Kinda hoping for more.

There was always a kind of strange disparity between the history and those dragon slayers' claim their dragon masters disappeared so short time ago. As far as we knew, the black dragon, Acnologia, was the one and only dragon still hanging around. Otherwise humans were living in peace everywhere, which doesn't seem possible if dragons were still common. The weakness in the writing is the fact nobody ever said to Natsu & Co that dragons haven't been around for a long time, so there's no way they could have been living with dragons just a while ago. Even if it's possible it could have happened in some remote area if the dragons never really flew around to be seen by anybody, but normally people would still deny it.

Nevertheless, I feel like Mashima did manage to wrap his lore quite decently. It's actually a fine detail how everything should have gone according to the plan, save for the fact Zeref couldn't hold his head together for 400 years simply waiting and waiting. I also like the fact that killing Zeref will kill Natsu as well. That'll give Fairy Tail something to think about, as if things weren't complicated enough otherwise! Maybe they will just seal Zeref inside another crystal right next to Mavis.

499. this would be really touching and great if the same thing wouldn't have happened in his previous manga.
    with the silver alchemist lady and the silver alchemist dude.

Objectively speaking it's pretty strange my reaction was "Right, I see" when my most favourite female character was killed. Where I read manga online, comments were filled by bets on how many chapters until she's brought back to life one way or another.

I haven't read his previous manga, so I can't really comment on your side of things.