Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Manga Discussion

Is it a requirement for shadow users to have their hair like that...?

Erza kicks fucking ass!

Oh yeah Deblas and Knives any more complaints about Virgo?

Also I believe Natsu's attitude towards nakama is the same as Luffy's.
    Last edited by ChaosK; Wed, 12-27-2006 at 10:31 PM.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

I just realised the biggest flaw about Fairy Tale. It's too fast paced. One Piece slowly takes its time to build up the characters, the personalities and the story. Here we're seeing from beggining to the end of an arc in 10 chapters. And fighting scene that takes 1 chapter.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

I have the same opinion as Stoopider. The fights are wayyyy to fast. Gray just whoops that guys ass in like 3 panels. Are they running out of ideas? They don't have any development, by far. All we know is like, Natsu is raised by a dragon, Gray is a nudist, and Erza is the strongest mage in Fairy Tail. Hopefully they'll develop them with an arc for each. If not, the characters don't have enough depth.

I think you guys are being to fast, this is only the very start of a manga that could possibly be very long, quick fights with nobodies is the way to go, you'll start to see it go longer over time, well that's what I think anyway.

I prefer the fights go fast. How aggravating is it to finally get a chapter after 2 or 3 weeks, and see all 11 to 15 pages be 1/5th of a fight? This way, they get a lot more into the story and a lot more done. The Fairy Tail group is pretty large, and I assume they will go into most if not all of them, at least the ones we've seen before.

If you want long drawn out fights that take forever, go back to Bleach or Naruto (or Berserk lately for that matter). I read all three, but I get so impatient with them that now I primarily read shoujo, and after 3 months I pick up all the chapters I missed. Then I might see some storyline. I'd rather see some story put into this series before they bring out the better fighters.

That place over there........ahh never mind
    I like the idea of defeating an enemy in like 5 chp. or so. The enemy's there couple chapters later he's defeated. No long monologue on resolutions the bad guy wants to do, and no dragged out reason on why the protag. wants to defeat the guy.

Gray defeating that one guy was a blessing imo.

ps: I'm happy now that Virgo is no longer a gorilla woman.

R.I.P Captain America.

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knives122
    ps: I'm happy now that Virgo is no longer a gorilla woman.
    QFT

I agree that the fights are way short but like KAi said, its still just the start.Having really drawn out fights at the start of the series seems boring to me and not such a good idea if there are still characters that need to be introduced and story to be developed. Hell, we still need some background on Loki, Elfman and Kana (their powers at least) and even Gray still. And it looks like Kage will be joining Fairy Tail as well.

It looks to me that the fights are slowly starting to be drawn out though. The Natsu/Eligor fight, although still incredibly short, took two chapters to finish unlike the other ones that took just a few pages.

Also, Just what is up with all this fanservice?! It just needs the girls to take off their tops for this to be considered a soft hentai. =/

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

It's 19 chapters, and this is the ... 4th arc?

1)Starting (meeting Natsu)
    2)Saving friend in mountain, those white gorilla's.
    3)The weird book, destroying it bla bla with the fat flying man.
    4)Now, the death Horn thingy.

They got to slow down, and make an arc truly worth noting about. I think they got a fantastic concept going with all the characters. But it needs some downtime to further explain the world in bite sizes.

Like other people said, I prefer not to compare it with One Piece, but One Piece in 19 chapters, I think Luffy's still trying to convince Zoro to join his crew (?) or is it first time they've met Buggy.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

i just dl couple chapters and its really good im enjoying it

Ah, I wouldn't worry about Fairy Tail going too fast, it'll probably slow down soon enough, i mean can any of you honestly say you haven't enjoyed all 19 chapters thus far? Exactly, I have no doubts in my mind that this manga will be satisfactory.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Quote Originally Posted by Stoopider
    Like other people said, I prefer not to compare it with One Piece, but One Piece in 19 chapters, I think Luffy's still trying to convince Zoro to join his crew (?) or is it first time they've met Buggy.
    But since you did compare it to OP () I would like to point out that in FT, the crew's already there so we have to get to know everyone (somewhat) before getting into some meaty storyline. Whereas, for OP, picking up the crew is part of the adventure (actually, it's pretty much what's carried that storyline/theme the entire time).

Again, patience patience. I would love to see Natsu meet his match, but for now, I enjoy seeing heaps of "obstacles" heaped upon him only to turn one page and see him blow away everything with a simple fist.

If anyone cares, ch20 is out

I care! Kinda insteresting chapter though. But I think all of this guild members that are there can pwn that monster pretty easily.

Here is a sendspace link. Doesn't look like this arc is over yet after all.

I thought this chapter was very weak. The final pages were good though, hopefully next chapter will be much better.

Chapter 21 is out, you can get it from their IRC channel
    #kefi @ irchighway

Read 21 and aren't those three little too much with magic depleted and take one supposedly very powerfull demon so quickly.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Here is a link for the lazy.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 09-14-2012 at 09:41 AM.

All I have to say is... when shit finally goes down, the super-villain(s) better live up to all this expectation. It's obvious that the mangaka is building up Fairy Tale's invincible image a LOT so the pay off when we finally meet their true nemesis has to be good. What will it take to break them? Or at the very least, nearly break them?

Wow, all those moves were just pwnage.