Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Manga Discussion

well i just caught up to the latest chapter. i gotta say, i absolutely love this manga. Its exactly what i've been looking for. I really like magic/fantasy based mangas and fairy tail really delivers, with great characters, awesome sotry arcs and good art.

It seems though that the chapter releases arent weekly....the scanlated ones anyway. How often are the chapters usually released?

As for the current story arc, it seems interesting. We finally get some background on erza. I didn't like how she looked so scared of these guys though. And it would really suck if any of them turned out to be as strong as her. I mean she went toe to toe with Jose after stoping a giant magical energy ball with her body....thats pretty badass.

Also, i wonder if we'll ever get to see luxus and mist gun fight. i really wanna see what they're capable of.

Just caught up to chapter 77...

This arc looks promising with Erza's past, and it looks like we'll learn a lot about Sieglein (Jeral), so one of the main bad guys should finally reveal his true nature. And Erza wasn't really scared of those guys, she was simply shocked to see them, etc.

Erza's childhood doesn't look like a very happy one. The boss of that gang should be a pretty badass villain, considering the level of power of his underlings.

78 by Binktopia:

You know, now I'm wondering if Jeral and Sieglein are indeed the same person... they might just be brothers or twins or some shit. The reason is that he's at the council meeting, while it was alluded to earlier that Jeral was at the tower. The scene might've occured at different points in time, but I think they made it look as if it were occuring concurrently. Anyways, Erza got her powers back... let's see if she kicks some ass in the next chapter.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 09-14-2012 at 09:47 AM.

He is supposedly a super powerful mage if it is on the guild council or what ever they call it. Not that this manga has really illustrated a whole lot of teleporting back and forth, but I would not exclude that possibility. Though Jeral could very well be a childhood nickname, as the group of child-slaves had one for Erza and a few of the others as well.

Still, if they are the same person, the connections are really beginning to fall into place. Sieglein is tied directly to Erza, one of his subordinates is Urd's (sp? Gray's teacher in any case) sister, and I'm sure Lucy and Natsu will have something pop up too, or at least Natsu as Lucy was always a bit of an outsider having lived the pampered life and the issue with her father resolved.

If I remember correctly, Sieglein is very interested in Natsu so surely there will be some sort of connection there... probably because of Natsu's dragon master.

79 is out by Binktopia. No torrent yet. But you can read it online here:

Jubia is such an jealous, flippant girl. I hope we get to see her more of her in the series. Her personality is priceless.

Seems like Seig and Jeral are two different people. Or he's using magic. Or time travel. Or something. With these types of manga, anything goes.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 09-14-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everon
    79 is out by Binktopia. No torrent yet. But you can read it online here:

Jubia is such an jealous, flippant girl. I hope we get to see her more of her in the series. Her personality is priceless.

Seems like Seig and Jeral are two different people. Or he's using magic. Or time travel. Or something. With these types of manga, anything goes.
    Yeah, I'm thinking the same... maybe making a double of himself, and he somehow needs the energy of that powerful weapon to make the tower work.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 09-14-2012 at 09:48 AM.

the more important question is, who are they trying to bring back?

Here's 80:

I ended up going back to find the chapter where we first see Seig/Jeral (ch 23). It seems like he can use magic to create an imaginary body.

Quote Originally Posted by Everon
    I ended up going back to find the chapter where we first see Seig/Jeral (ch 23). It seems like he can use magic to create an imaginary body.
    Wow, that's quite interesting... I think I'm going to take a look myself.

Great catch.

c81v2

- - - - -

After reading c81 I doubt there's much the fellow can't do. Assuming the evil long dead super wizard really possessed him or otherwise became his mentor.

Chp 83 and 84 are out...get them at mangatraders.

seems like the fighting is going to start next chapter

Just read the latest two...

It's quite cool that they're tying the ice demon to this great evil mage. I also felt the final scene in chapter 83 was one of the truely funny moments of this series. Chapter 84, was overall a fun chapter... the fight was meant as a comedy rather than serious, but it was a good one. As you said, it looks like the heavy hitters are coming out in the next chapter.

*Neko Fire*

Here's 85 by F-H:

Chapter 86 is out, you can find it on mangatraders.

Jubia didn't look like she'd be much help at all to Lucy anyway, with the Rock guy absorbing the water into his hair anyway.

But Jeral writing off Lucy is probably going to be a mistake. She might be weaker than most of the other mages in Fairy Tail, but she's still really smart, and just recently made a pact with Leo (or Loki as we better knew him). She has yet to summon him since, and all three of these villains have bird characteristics, and are all part of Trinity Raven. Cats eat birds. Simple as that.

Yeah, I think we'll see some Loki here... I want her to also summon the horny bull to see how he handles Lluvia.

Since Jeral and Seig look so similar, I wonder why Erza never make mention of him when she was around Seig, even though they clearly share some past too. I still can't figure out how Seig and Jeral are related, but I'm sure they are somehow.

Seven against 3... I'm hoping to see at least one battle with multiple people combining their powers in a strategy to take down one of the evil guys. And how stupid was the guy that turned Erza until a card? Not only can't she now not fight, but he moronicly takes her towards Jeral? His he dumb or what?

That place over there........ahh never mind
    Ch. 87

Seriously this manga honestly has no bad chapters. What Lucy did was not only awesome but what happened at the end was hilarious.

R.I.P Captain America.

the magical fusion thing kinda annoyed me...its too random and cliche at the same time. would've been nice if we had some mention of fusion prior to this.