Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Manga Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Logrus
    Well they dident know that Luxus was part Dragon Slayer, and this dude was coming back from a 100 year old mission? (or did it only last 3 years, didn't understand that :P)
    An important distinction is that Luxus was a fake dragon slayer, imbued with synthesized Lachryma. He was not trained by dragons and granted some of their power like Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy were. There was no 'part' about it, they were just copying the skills of Dragon Slayers. While it is possible, unless I am mistaken, they mentioned the practice was pioneered by Luxus' exile father. Considering he is a dark wizard, I would be surprised if he helped anyone in Fairy Tail other than his son, who himself was going to be punished by having the Lachryma forcibly ripped out of him.

(It has been a while, I'm not 100% sure on these details)

As for the 100 year mission, they claim it takes 100 years to complete, but that doesn't mean he can't come back once in a while. I don't think that they implied he had finished it yet.

From reading the chapter it was my understanding that he went on a hundred year mission yet he completed it in 3 years becuase he is such a bad ass.

Sig made by Lucifus

after looking back i am wondering if there is a connection between lucy's mom "death" and the missing dragons they seem to incorporate the dragons alot now....as for the new chap i really wonder what mistgun/gerard really is how is he creating clones this make like what 3 now? and they all are "powerfull" wizards so it aint no illusions (i seriously hope its not some splitting the soul/body forbidden magic where he separates himself for his emotions and what not) and whats up with the giant magic spell going on top of magnolia seems kinda interesting

169 is out, BIZZARO WORLD!

I wouldn't look too much into interrupting the names, Nirvana, Anima, Animus, it's probably not really symbolic,

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Wow. I think "what the fuck" sums this up pretty nicely.

...So if Gazille is a dragonslayer, why doesn't he have a cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Augury
    ...So if Gazille is a dragonslayer, why doesn't he have a cat?
    I'd say that's a valid question only if the cat creatures' secret mission was to find and accompany dragon slayers for whatever nefarious purpose. In that case no cat simply found Gazille or there weren't any left to find him.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Fairy Tail 168 Onemanga

Well....I didn't expect that to happen O_o
    At least it gave an explanation about the "cats"
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 09-15-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Chapters 168 & 169 were released by mangastream on the 22nd.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 09-15-2012 at 12:07 AM.

Wonder why the cats are so mysterious all of the sudden :P
    And where is the iron dragon slayer and his new found kitty xD

Laughed at the reverse Fairy Tail Guild, and hope Lucy is Ezra there haahahaha.

Chapter 170

Blog Entries
    Chapter 171

Finally got over the disappointment of the shitty anime adaptation and got back to reading the manga

Bizarro Lucy is an adorable tsundere, and the idea of an armed Natsu gives me high hopes for next week's chapter

Blog Entries
    Not sure if anyone else had connected the dots already but i personally just realized that Mist Gun is Bizarro world's Gerard

Just throwing it out there in case someone else as slow as me hadn't realized it yet
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 09-15-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Yeah, they pretty much outright said it.

It was pretty obvious he's this world Gerald after they introduced the alternate Fairy Tail.

I mean, it's easy to miss if you're not paying attention though.

Am i the only one who think NASCAR Natsu is full of awesome?

What's the deal with the Dragon Slayers' magic? Are they connected to Edoras as well? Unless they haven't simply yet realised how to use their magic there, they are no different from the locals in being unable to summon their internal magic. However, since they still do possess their local counterparts, it's very strange. That makes me believe there's some major incompatibility rather than similary in their case. Should that be true, they obviously could be a major danger to Edoras (following good shounen textbook formulae).

Blog Entries
    It could also be because Lucy's magic centers around her beings who already live on another dimension themselves

Blog Entries
    Pretty random chapter, how the hell did Erza and Gray got out from the lachrima crystal? And how are they using magic?

Could it be that the only ones incapable of magic in Edo are dragon slayers?

I finally got to read all the scanlated Fairy Tail instead of waiting for Del Rey to painfully slowly publish the manga in English.

Its a bit old discussion, but please do mind me for a bit.

I really liked how Erza's backstory was shown. I truly never expected her to be an Slave. I knew she had somekind of story with Sieg, but I didn't imagine it was this. Also... it was kinda obvious Sieg and Gerard / Jellal (whatever) was the same.

Gazille's reintroduction as a member of Fairy Tail came out of nowhere, but I welcomed it. More chaos for the Guild I guess, with another person for Natsu to fight with. I really liked how Levi slowly got over her fear of him through this arc, since Gazille saved her from Laxus volt until how the plot evolved into Laxus coup de etat.

The fight of Fairy Tail was just brilliant. Its a plus it features Levi a lot, since she sadly hasn't got that much of presence through the series.

Just as I was getting ready to see more of Gazille's double spy matters we are thrown into the Oracion Seis plot. I was hoping more than the usual team came along... at least Lluvia... but we got the usual Lucy, Natsu, Gray and Erza. Nevertheless I did like it, though the enemies where a bit idiotic or slow. Good way to introduce Wendy though. And yet another True Dragon Slayer joins up Fairy Tail.

Though with the Edoras arc I begin to wonder if the Cats purpose was to gather Dragon Slayers at Fairy Tail to suck them up. And why the hell, as some here have pointed out, Gazille doesn't have one? Was he somehow not part of the plan and his double spy mission made him come along for the ride? And was Mistgun's mission to drain Fairy Tail? Save it?

Wow... so small love for Fairy Tail.

Chapter 190 is simply awesome
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 09-15-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    I made a mess of myself with the cover alone

I can see why, but that doesn't say anything about the quality of the chapter.

I don't carry any love for FT. too many characters, zigzaging atmosphere and babble plot.

anyway: I assumed that Dragon slayer were slayers with the powers of a dragon. seeing as how they were trained by dragons.
    mages who hunt dragons? really? I don't buy that shit.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.