Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Manga Discussion

These dragons look pretty tough, and they went straight to business.

ANBU Captain
    Idk.....they kinda just acted like a bunch of lions around easy prey. They are all just very feral seeming right now. They can talk so maybe they're just pissed off

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    Idk.....they kinda just acted like a bunch of lions around easy prey. They are all just very feral seeming right now. They can talk so maybe they're just pissed off
    Everything in this series suggests most dragons are prone to fighting. I guess there might be some less inclined to bash skulls, like Wendy's dragon, but the bulk probably likes nothing more, even those who trained dragon slayers. Because dragon slayers basically were meant to be fighting machines against other dragons in their never-ending war. Maybe the latter dragon slayers actually have the most imperfect image of dragons based on everything else we know. There might not have been enough dragons to fight left for them to realise their "parents" were only bloodthirsty monsters. Even though you can totally see in their personality (again not counting Wendy) that they love few things more than a good fight. So obviously their dragons brought them up to fight, but, alas, there were no targets around anymore, dragons having disappeared.

ANBU Captain
    328 is out. I'm wondering whether or not zilconis will have any recollection of them. Maybe Lucy's sky dragon magic will be helpful in helping him recall their conversation

328 is out. I'm wondering whether or not zilconis will have any recollection of them. Maybe Lucy's sky dragon magic will be helpful in helping him recall their conversation
    I'm not sure what good that would do. Zilconis was a huge troll, after all, and opposed coexistence with humans, so he ought to like nothing better than fighting and killing some humans here.

Also, don't you mean Wendy's magic?

ANBU Captain
    Right I meant Wendy. Sorry. Anyways I think this will be cool to see every dragon slayer tackle a Dragon on their own

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Chap 329 is out. And Cobra is back. Since they needed the extra dragon slayer.

At what chapter does the anime end?

Dunno but it's right after the fight with Sting and Rogue

Jounin
    Chapter 297 is the last chapter where the anime ended. It even ends with the "To be continued..." page that the anime ended with.

With the exception of Sting and Cobra, all the dragon slayers should be very fatigued and even wounded. Cobra shouldn't either be in any perfect shape considering he has been rotting in a prison ever since the incident seven (or even eight) years earlier. If we learned anything from Jellal's time in a prison, Cobra should have lost half of his strength if he was just released.

Nevertheless, despite Wendy being high on my favourite characters list, for being so cute and happy despite her tragic past, for one of these dragons to be slain by her is quite a stretch... I at least hope she will get significant help from some strong people (like Erza or Jellal, etc) to make it more believable. Actually I really hope we will finally get to see what Jellal is capable of to justify having been one of the wizard saints back when he was playing the part of a council member. Like that spell he couldn't finish during the match.

ANBU Captain
    I think this match up for Lucy will simply see if her techniques are battle worthy. Besides I'm pretty sure Zilconis is gonna be the first dragon to resist dark rouge.

Also these matchups are pretty ridiculous! Come on...Natsu should be fighting the flame dragon and Lucy's should fight the flying one. It's time to switch up these opponents. I'm sure once one of these dragons is wounded, killed or has a "change of heart" I'm sure Dark rouge will make a calculated retreat.

One thing that is bothering me though is that acnologia is a dragon slayer who used his magic so much he became a dragon. I bet acnologia will start killing dragons at some point
    Last edited by toonice714; Fri, 05-10-2013 at 09:04 AM.

I think this match up for Lucy will simply see if her techniques are battle worthy. Besides I'm pretty sure Zilconis is gonna be the first dragon to resist dark rouge.
    It's Wendy, not Lucy. You made the exact same mistake last time...

Zilconis is the best dragon ever. Such a huge troll - and a ladies man to boot. It would be a huge pity if it was killed. It should survive this battle and wander around the world pestering people to no end. Maybe if it turned its coat, it could also train the most wicked enemy of all women as a dragon slayer!

Also these matchups are pretty ridiculous! Come on...Natsu should be fighting the flame dragon and Lucy's should fight the flying one. It's time to switch up these opponents.
    No, I don't think so. I imagine a fire dragon's fire resistance is much higher than a human's who just happened to be trained a dragon slayer. A fire dragon would have been born with the resistance. However, another type of a dragon likely wouldn't have any special resistance against fire (or any other dragon slayer specialty that is not also its own).

One thing that is bothering me though is that acnologia is a dragon slayer who used his magic so much he became a dragon. I bet acnologia will start killing dragons at some point
    Who knows. I don't think even Zeref seemed really able to figure Acnologia out.

I thought they said that Acnologia was a Dragon Slayer who absorbed the essance of every dragon he killed and thus becoming what he is now.

ANBU Captain
    Oh right Wendy...lol my bad. Anyways I dunno I just think Natsu would do better to eat those flames from the fire dragon before getting into a pissing match on who's flames are hotter. We have already been there with the "God-slayer" magic. Btw was that just lost magic or was it theoretically taught by a "god". I don't recall if the first guy who was the flame godslayer was taught it or just obtained it from beyond the void that hades breached. I only remember hades and his crew having a myriad of lost magic.

I hope these dragon battles go slow because I think it would be a great way to get back on topic for the search of igneel and the other dragons that just "disappeared". With the exception of sting and rouge's dragons. They were really driving that plot home then just got derailed with other silly side stories that really contributed nothing but ways to bring Jellal/Gerard or whatever they're calling him now back. (I.e edolas)

Chapter 331 is out. Natsu you sly dog you!

Yeah, Natsu received some nice service. No wonder it fired him up once more.

I wonder if Millianna attacked Jellal or some remaining dragon spawn. She isn't exactly any genius, so you never know; the whole world might be threatened by the dragons but she could very well choose this moment to settle a personal score. Though unlike Kagura, I doubt Millianna poses any threat whatsoever to Jellal.

Wendy got a better start than I thought. But I still hope Zilconis won't be so utterly defeated he would disappear. He's too cool.

Blog Entries
    They really should just focus on the fanservice and the comedy, this chapter was hilarious. It's when things try to get serious that it all goes to shit.

Pretty sure Millianna is a dumb shit and attacks Jellal right now. Despite seeing how he helps Erza up.
    I wonder if they are gonna fight a dragon closer to their own element or 'eat' their magic. Since Natsu got his idea from almost being eaten.