Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Manga Discussion

The party and Natsu's surprise were quite nice in my opinion. A more relaxed scene after a heavy fight is always good. It feels like a huge stretch they could really keep the whole dragon incident a secret, but since this is Fairy Tail, I guess it suits the series.

As soon as the old woman appeared and the letter was revealed to be from Ul, I knew that's who the woman was. I'm kind of surprised the Jellal and Meredy didn't, after all the time they spent with her. Too bad with Doranbolt having erased the whole dragon festival from the minds of all officials, there's no way they can pardon Jellal. But then again, it's the utterly useless council that is only concerned about their own power and standing, so I doubt they would pardon their own mother. I was hoping to see a parting scene with Erza and Jellal, but I guess that was too much to ask for from a story so unconcerned with romance (after all, even Gray seem to grow only colder toward Juvia).

Lastly I was quite dissatisfied with how Zeref turned out. The man has some mental issues to so quickly flip from sad ruminations to wanting to slaughter all humans. Unless he was just saying that so that Mavis would arrange for Natsu to slay him.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Ahh...Natsu certainly made me laugh when came bursting out.
    And we learn a bit about the upcoming arc. The door to Hades? Tartaros?

Tartaros, the third guild of the Baram Alliance, along with Oracion Seis and Grimoire Heart.

probably going to have some sort of crazy magical device. should complete the trio with Nirvana and whatever the 2nd guild had.

What did Oracon Seis try to accomplish again?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
    What did Oracon Seis try to accomplish again?
    They tried to capture Nirvana, which was a device to turn good people into bad people and vice versa. A perfect tool for chaos and mayhem but little else, really. Their leader's goal was to destroy the world, like every super villain should, so Nirvana would have suited him well.

There's a special chapter out.

Without spoiling too much, it returns to the already all but forgotten bet the two FT teams made when the tournament was launching. This was a really good special in my opinion. I'd also love to see this animated, now that the anime apparently continues after all.

Blog Entries
    Not to repeat myself but if FT just focused on the comedy and fanservice the whole experience would be much nicer. It's only when it tries to take itself seriously that it starts going to shit.

Chapter 347 is out!

It would have been pretty pitiful if Lucy & Co couldn't have beaten those thieving treasure hunters. They weren't even mages, after all. In the beginning of the series things would have been different, but now after fighting the top dark guilds, dragons, and everything they are different persons.

ANBU Captain
    353 is out. Pretty watered down chapters as of late with exception to the info given about igneel attempting to destroy the book of zeref and failing. I hope this means we will get to eventually see more dragons in the present time because so far zilconis and atlas have resurfaced but none of the others. Im betting on the day they all disappeared they probably banned together to destroy the book of zeref and failed.

also im just gonna say that with all the fan service in these chapters that this guy should just do an official hentai......there i said it. It usually boredline there anyways >_>

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    also im just gonna say that with all the fan service in these chapters that this guy should just do an official hentai......there i said it. It usually boredline there anyways >_>
    Nah, this is a far cry from borderline hentai. This isn't even an ecchi harem series. Think of To-Love Ru for comparison. I mean, Fairy Tail doesn't even have bare breasts.

Anyway 354 is already out, and it looks like something big is indeed brewing. We suddenly got demon slayers and talk about gates of hell, so maybe we will actually get enemies comparable to dragons.

This story would be so much better if it were hentai.

355:

I wonder how long Lucy will try to maintain her already long lost modesty. She should just be cool about it like Erza (and the dudes, naturally). She's only making a fool out of herself. I will forgive Wendy, since she's still a kid.

I'm looking forward to the demons. As cliched as it is (not that everything else in this story wouldn't be), it's still a good course to strong enemies. After all, it's a bit strange how previously totally unknown super strong wizards just keep appearing out of nowhere.

356:

This time the enemies look quite strong, even though eradicating the council of uselessness hardly impressed me. In fact Tartaros did a big service to the whole world of magic by getting rid of those old fools. Yet still, to die without a fight... They were even worse than I ever imagined, which is sad in the sense that it also makes Jellal's shady past look less of an achievement. Speaking of Jellal, I hope this "greatest battle ever" will drive him to Fairy Tail (and Erza's considerable bosom) for good. Now there's even no council after him. With Ultear gone, the power of his independent guild is severely lowered and I doubt would amount to much against these demons. He should join forces with the Fairies.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    So what? The Demon Slayer....serves Zeref the man who made demons? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The demon slayer is a demon himself. It actually makes a bunch of sense: It's not like demons would have any loyalty or love for their own kind (they would love nothing at all but themselves), yet they might know their own kind the best, which would make them expert slayers of demons, provided their power is sufficient, which shouldn't be a problem for this guy. On the other hand, these demons were made by Zeref, so only Zeref knows what sort of characters they are. They seem to worship Zeref as well, despite the man himself not having done overly much for a long time, I believe.

ANBU Captain
    This arc seems pointless.....the only thing that may come of this arc is info one why igneel wanted to destroy E.N.D. Besides that its just a couple more enemies that will be dispatched by inexplicable raises in power for the FT gang. Lets face it the jumps in a biliary in this series are unfounded but it's cool to watch anime....and I'm invested at this point. Really I hope they finally go back to the central story about trying to find out why all the dragons left on year 777 day 7 at 7:07

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    Really I hope they finally go back to the central story about trying to find out why all the dragons left on year 777 day 7 at 7:07
    This story basically has three things of interest that have remained for some time: The disappearance of the remaining few dragons at the same time, the remaining three of the four most powerful wizards, and what's in Fairy Tail's basement. The dragon thing is the oldest mystery, and honestly we have learned so much of dragons of late that such a little thing it doesn't anymore feel so awesomely mysterious. But perhaps it will still be saved for the last, along with Zeref himself. Although what's in the basement might be crusial for the final showdown. I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw the rest of the Wizard Four, though. They don't really seem to give a shit even when the whole world is under a threat.

ANBU Captain
    I don't even remember the wizard four or the basement. Is that what every guild master of FT knows?