Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1159

Thread: Fairy Tail Manga Discussion

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    The basement is something every Guild Master of FT knows about yeah.

359:

I bet Erza wanted to go with a team that guards Jellal... But then again, I doubt Loki would know his address, since he hasn't got one, being a fugitive, and the women hanging around Jellal probably wouldn't have been easy to seduce. Although I would have liked to see a scene of any man trying to seduce Ultear... Nor is he anyway a loser so easily taken out, like the regular council members seem to be.

The Natsu vs bomber fight could be good.

ANBU Captain
    This might seem harsh but I am never concerned about the out comes of these fights bc they really hold no weight. Honestly, if one of the more powerful members of FT loses, natsu gray or Ezra will beat them. If one of them loses then one of the remaining 3 will step up and win. There's no real consequences to these fights. They just look good. Seems like its been that way for awhile now.
    The same could be said for almost any manga but I slightly disagree. If Luffy's gang loses and someone shows up to pick up the slack it leaves slack to be picked up in other areas making certain plot points more interesting. (I.e when people save ussop and nami it impressed upon them to get stronger) Unfortunately there are no definitive limits for the majority of the cast to determine threat level or strength. These current "demons/demonslayers" are as intimidating as flies. The first "godslayer" mages seemed powerful before acnologia showed up because the mages with Hades seemed to require effort to beat. People like guildarts, acnologia and at one point jellal/gerard (or whatever the hell he calls any of his three presences in the manga) have a strong presence but these new enemies seem lame. Hell even the sabertooth guildmaster seemed like a tough guy but then they botched that....these enemies have killed the counsel members. The most lack luster mages presented this far. The only thing these guys have done that was mildly impressive was beat the shell of Atlas flame. Until they say they've tangled with some dragons or something else equally noteworthy to stimulate some coherent growth in the FT gang, it's all kinda moot...
    Last edited by toonice714; Wed, 11-13-2013 at 05:05 PM.

ANBU Captain
    360 is out.
    That's a pretty handy ability. Too bad natsu will find a way around it. Otherwise that would've been a tough ability to beat given the majority of ppl who rely on hand to hand combat

There seems to be a delay, so the opponent could avoid the repercussions by killing Jaguar before the explosion happens. I'd assume the explosion doesn't happen anymore if the mage is dead. It would take a one-shot kill, though, and since the demon is tough, it could be difficult. But hardly impossible considering Natsu was scoring hits all the time. He simply needs to hit hard enough to scorch the demon beyond redemption.

But of course this is a series where the good guys never kill even the worst villains, so they need to find the more difficult road, whatever it might be.

Ch 361

Man that old council member is a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    Ch 361

Man that old council member is a dick.
    And that surprised nobody. The useless council has always been composed of dicks, fools, and criminals. Jellal is the exception because, while he fits the description by being a criminal, he's not actually a weak loser like the rest have always been.

I'm actually going to say that the old council members are the key to whatever shit weapon someone's chasing now.
    they are all guarding it with their lives: as long as they live, the weapon cannot activate. literately.
    it'd give him an excuse to be such a colossal shit. seriously, a pregnant woman?

I want to see Acnologia again. Preferably so that he wouldn't be doing Zeref's bidding. They are somehow connected, but perhaps the bond isn't such a tight one, at least anymore. Considering the... ahem... high quality of the story writing in Fairy Tail, I wouldn't naturally put it beyond the plot to have every enemy down to the last blood sucking mosquito of the swamp to be somehow created by Zeref, but maybe, just maybe it won't all go down so simply. Acnologia used to be a dragon slayer and even if he's now a villain, he's been proven to be a solitary one and thus might not serve any greater purpose in anybody's plan. That is, he could do anything at all, not simply serve the role of the second last boss before Zeref.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    it'd give him an excuse to be such a colossal shit. seriously, a pregnant woman?
    Are you saying the pregnant woman scenario was corny or that Lucy should have obviously chosen the old geezer?

I don't remember anyone doing a sadistic choice in FT. so having this guy choose his own life over that of an pregnant woman (double whammy sympathy factor!) means we are really supposed to hate him. and it was never required of us to hate someone so much, so this reeks of a plan to make us hate him and then create a reversal.

That's hard to believe, considering this geezer was only concerned about his own comfort, so much so that even the grandchild didn't matter. He might indeed know something but if he had to choose between putting the knowledge to use in a fight or just escaping and hiding somewhere nice, he would choose the latter, for sure. The council members seem to be selected based on their uselessness and scumbaggery.

I really think this guy would make more money drawing hentai. I mean I know it's 2-D but the t&a is 80% the reason I still read this manga.

ANBU Captain
    364 is out and things are starting to look up. You have my attention again FT. I guess cobra and crew are going to dance with jellal/Gerard or whatever

Haha, the magic council really is awesome. Every single one of them are either corrupt, otherwise a total scumbag, or a loser (or all of those). If Fairy Tail saves the world once again, the best part of it all is the demolition of the council, while getting rid of the demon invasion is only a bonus. At least these demons were a temporal danger, whereas the council has been around for a long time, doing its evil deeds unchecked.

I'm looking forward to seeing Jellal's power. Although I'm not yet 100% sure that fight will go on till the end or happen at all. Jellal might have other, better uses for these crooks.

Ch-365 is out.

This new chapter is going to spawn some very interesting doujins

this really is uncomfortable..

ANBU Captain
    How so? The fan service is clearly catering to the S&M crowd. Earlier Mira had tentacles everywhere lol. It's about time for a loli character to be overpowered by a giant enemy

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    How so? The fan service is clearly catering to the S&M crowd. Earlier Mira had tentacles everywhere lol. It's about time for a loli character to be overpowered by a giant enemy
    I wouldn't be so sure that's ever going to happen. Wendy has been spared quite remarkably of the kind of fan service Lucy and Erza are all the time providing. Even the mixed bath showed pretty much nothing of Wendy, if memory serves. This of course makes sense if the manga is to be sold in the West in large numbers.

so. regarding the latest chapter.
    missing father? demonic growth speed evil clone or time travel?