Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Manga Discussion

It's hard for me to not be surprised by these chapters. Seems like typical shonen series, but it never really seems to take itself seriously. Gray and the rain Element mage are a perfect example. She nearly leaves at the beginning of the fight after blushing. That made me smile. I knew that something would force Gray to remove his clothes, and then she'd go nuts.

Low blow to the seriousness of the series, but it made me laugh. I really like series that don't try to take themselves too seriously.

It's very similiar to One Piece (though despite what people say, there are some noticable differences in the art), share the comedy situations in general. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

i'm really liking this manga a lot wouldn't be surprised if this became the next big shonen show like naruto, bleach and one piece and here a link to chap 57 and 58

Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 09-14-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Well I finally caught up, here's chapter 66:

The fight between the two guilds have been fun... I'm glad that none of the fights have been dragging, well non of the fights in the series have been which is nice. It was also nice to see two of the powerful mages fight this early in the series.

And what's up with so many 7s and 2 dragons disappearing? I wander why dragons would teach humans dragon slaying ability?

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Well, mainly because this is Japanese that we're talking about. They probably look at it as "a dragon that slays" rather than "a person that slays dragons".

Ah, a very good point, Bud. I was also wondering that, but I just put it down to the Japanese; they are so crazy you never know what they might be thinking. But your reasoning surely sounds a lot more convincing!

The other possibility is that it may actually be magic to kill dragons, like maybe dragons kill each other... who knows, but it is ironic indeed.

And here's 67:

Well, you could say this is cliched development. I wish it hadn't happened this way but on the other hand I suppose it was inevitable sooner or later. When they introduce a character who ran away from home and then suggest the old man might want the person back, you know it will get resolved at some point one way or another. Still, I wish once in my life I'd see a story where the person would ask her friends to back her up, especially after those friends have repeatedly indicated they willingly would.

I thought the other dragon guy was going to join Fairy Tail there for a second.

It looks like the rain woman might, if she can seduce Gray properly that is. The short parts with her stalking him from around corners had me laughing. At first I was a little surprised that Nastu and Gray didn't notice her at all, but they're pretty laid back when they're not fighting anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Well, you could say this is cliched development. I wish it hadn't happened this way but on the other hand I suppose it was inevitable sooner or later. When they introduce a character who ran away from home and then suggest the old man might want the person back, you know it will get resolved at some point one way or another. Still, I wish once in my life I'd see a story where the person would ask her friends to back her up, especially after those friends have repeatedly indicated they willingly would.
    Well, 68 is out... and I bet you didn't think it was going to develop this way...

You just won a bet, Bud... Nothing makes me happier than being proven wrong when I cynically think things are proceeding to a bad direction.

Got to see some Lucy's undergarments atleast!

Just caught up to chapter 73...

I'd say the last 3 chapters have been quite good, being in the middle of a Loki centered arc and all. I think his back story took me by surprise, and it has been quite interesting overall.

Aye, I have to agree. I would never have guessed his background. Better that way, though.

I wish this series had a bit stronger backstory in general, though. It has been sidequests all the way through, pretty much. Naturally it has developed characters but it would be good to have something grand going on.

There is, we just haven't gotten to the gist of it yet... with the whole evil group lurking around trying to destroy Fairy Tail and it's chief. Especially Sieglein, Urtear, and his group, who seems to be after Natsu and Erza. It's been slow building, but I'm sure we'll get rewarded at some point. We got a bit of development from the Demon Island arc and from the aftermath of the Guild vs Guild battle. Many of the arcs we've seen in the past have been some sort of conspiracy from the Magic Council, so there's certainly something going on... we've just gotten very small pieces of the puzzle.

Well 74 is out.....

I thought it was lame... a lot of build-up for a shitty climax/conclusion.

ya, i thought the loki story was pretty lame too. the next arc is so random too. SQUARE MAN?

ty psj for this sig