Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Manga Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fairy Tail Manga Discussion

New manga by creator of Rave Master. The art style is very similar to that of One Piece's and Bleach's. Some people have affectionately named it Bleach Piece b/c of the art.

Short summary:a boy and a girl, both gifted in magic, going off to an elite magic guild.

You can get the first chapter scanlated at #KEFI @ irc.irchighway.net. This manga seems really interesting, and managed to "wow" me in the first chapter.

You can get the second chapter raw

no links to unlicensed distribution sources (eg fansubs, rips) be linked in this thread

When someone is first to post about a new chapter, a little "Chapter XX discussion below" warning may help other users avoid spoilers and keep things tidy.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 09-15-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Going to give this a try, but it's Fairy Tail, so I'm changing the title of the thread.

I read the first chapter and enjoyed it. I never read Rave Master (though now I'm thinking maybe I should) but the characters were amusing and had some interesting skills to show off.

I'll probably stick with it for a while.

Humm, first chapter was quite entertaining, I'll keep on reading...

BTW, I found it funny how the main characters in RAVE and this manga are named after seasons, Haru and Natsu... Spring and Summer.

I stopped watching RAVE after episode 26, mainly because I couldn't find decent quality fansubs out there, so I think I should give the manga a try to finish up the story. I know I've been meaning to for a while now.

Well chapter 2 is now out and can be found in #lurk and in the #kefi channel over at irc.irchighway.net

I'm getting it right now to see if this series has what it takes, at first glimpse it seems that way.

Lol, I remember watching rave. One weird ass anime......

This manga looks pretty cool, with all the magic, fire attacks, and dragons. Even the characters are awsome. The only thing though, not enough swords . But Im sure there wll be plenty later on in the series.

*rushes to get chapter 2*

They did mention somewhere that Lucy doesn't really like her father. It was in one of the character intro pages or something.

Lucy appears to be someone of significance. Was she captured for a client (most likely her father) or did they intend to bring her into their guild?

It sucks that she dropped her keys. Lucy really hasn't had that much time to shine, and it's implied that the ecliptical keys like the one she just got are really powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    They did mention somewhere that Lucy doesn't really like her father. It was in one of the character intro pages or something.
    It was one of the chapter covers. The identification cards for the guild members. I think it was "Dislikes: her father" like that. If not, I have no clue.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

^ Yeah, I remember reading that too.

Anyways, ch.49 out. Go get it at your usual places...

Personally, I am dissatisfied at the recent turn of events w/ the Sorrow guy. What a cheap-ass way to pwn someone. Hmph.

Well Natsu doesnt need magic to pawn. Rather cheap ass ability like you say.

Sig made by Lucifus

I swear, if Lucy turns out to be a princess...

At least we get to find out next chapter. She's probably the daughter of some famous author or her father is considered the greatest of the great mages. She does like to write (something I don't remember being mentioned until recently, I think I need a re-read). The "-sama" tips us off that she's probably a lot more important than that.

I thought the battle was rather uneventful as a whole. Not enough Erza.

Quote Originally Posted by Foomanchew24
    Well Natsu doesnt need magic to pawn. Rather cheap ass ability like you say.
    Well, not really. Given all the hype about the old man's abilities, his rank and reputation etc., he was surprisingly easy to defeat. I was disappointed with that. Hence the term "cheap ass". Whereas with Natsu, I have yet to really see him in a pinch.

This arcs starting to get amazing. To be honest, when i saw that huge 1 page panel or whatever of all of Fairy Tail busting into Phantom HQ, I got goosebumps.

Just caught up on this, got to read a couple chapters.

When I saw the old man just laughing it off and smacking lucy's ass, it was cool.
    Then seeing him pissed off was awesome, will be good to see some more of his skills.

Natsu will most likely take on the 'Iron Dragon', then we'll get to see some more of his power, like when he faught that Shinigami guy back before.

When I saw Lucy's keys on the ground, I was more thinking that's what they were after her for.

They are after her cause she's a hot piece of ass. Do they really need any other reason?

Sig made by Lucifus

Best scene in the chapter has to be the Erza shower scene.

Chapter 52.....
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 09-14-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Sig made by Lucifus

I see more Erza boobies.

The art was really nice this chapter, especially pages 4 and 5. I really liked the lighting at the bottom of page 5. Too bad Ezra didn't last longer, guess it's up to Natsu to save the day.

Sig made by Lucifus

That place over there........ahh never mind
    Pretty obvious that the guy Natsu's about to fight can control your movements like a puppet. Too bad for Erza.

R.I.P Captain America.