Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Help me!" Thread

Also pray that you'll make some friends.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    Just pray that they transfer most of your credits.
    Yeah they are.

Assertn: Well I'll be getting a car and have home about 2 hours to the east, also have my sister at Smith College which is about 20 minutes from Amherst. So I'm not too concerned with it.

I'm also transferring as a matter of fact. And yes, I'm going from a university to a college (although the college I'm going to is in the city, I'm transferring to a school that's in Boston). I'm a little bit worried about meeting new people and such but that's how it was when I first started out in college anyway. And then eventually, it become a really nice experience. If that's what your worried about, you just have to give it some time and then things will flow smoothly.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by NM
    I'm also transferring as a matter of fact. And yes, I'm going from a university to a college (although the college I'm going to is in the city, I'm transferring to a school that's in Boston). I'm a little bit worried about meeting new people and such but that's how it was when I first started out in college anyway. And then eventually, it become a really nice experience. If that's what your worried about, you just have to give it some time and then things will flow smoothly.
    COOL, you'll be about 2 hours away from my school and 20 minutes away from my house. What school you going to NM?

Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. I got into their 6 year Pharmacy program and their putting me in Year 2 of it...so basically I get to be a sophomore again, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NM
    Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. I got into their 6 year Pharmacy program and their putting me in Year 2 of it...so basically I get to be a sophomore again, lol.
    Not bad, I hear that school gets more competitive every year, must have been tough to transfer into.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    maybe i just have low standards.... but i'm happy going to community college. only transferring i'm planning on is transferring to a better paying job.

on an off topic note.... is 60 degrees celcius hot..... (hopes his computer doesn't melt under the stress its being put under)

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    60C is a bit on the warm side, but it depends what the component is. For most solid-state stuff (cpu's, gpu's) I'd say that's within the tolerances. Generally, most cpus are rated for 70-75C peak (so try to stay below there and you're fine) and modern gpus for more like 90-100C.

If it's a disk, it's definitely on the hot side. If it's ram, it's probably also on the hot side.

Quote Originally Posted by bbaucom
    maybe i just have low standards.... but i'm happy going to community college. only transferring i'm planning on is transferring to a better paying job.

on an off topic note.... is 60 degrees celcius hot..... (hopes his computer doesn't melt under the stress its being put under)
    get a fan.

EDIT: go to Newegg.com and then go to cooling.
    Last edited by SK; Thu, 05-03-2007 at 07:40 PM.

Question: What is the difference between MGS 2 and 3, and the Substance versions of each?
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

The Substance versions are basically "extended" versions of the original game. For the MGS2 Substance version, VR missions were added, as well as a mode called Snake Tales, where you do some missions as Snake. MGS3's Subsistence version had a new camera for the original game, and included online play. There was also a bonus disc with Subsistence, which was basically an interview with Hideo Kojima (although I think you had to pre-order Subsistence back then to get it).

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    MGS 2 sucks, it's a crappy story and a crappy environment. It's a Metal Gear Solid, but doesn't improve much on the existing gameplay.

MGS 3 is awesome. The story isn't great, but interesting since it's set before the other games. The gameplay is very fun, since the jungle environment is rich and full of innovative quirks to play around with. Bees on your face bitch! Also, the introduction of the Medkit and Camo systems are pretty cool new things, and I love catching your own food.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance has the old game, a couple not so hot Easter Eggs, but one big, big addition: about 500 stand-alone missions (some VR, others situated in the game environment) and "Snake Tales" a short series of tasks without a great deal of story, also set in the Big Shell (aka lame) environment.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Substance is the original game plus the first two Metal Gear games ever (these are oldies boys), a very handy first-person camera mode for the normal game and online play (up to 8 players, 5 or so kinds of games). It's worth buying Substance 3 just for the new camera mode, it makes the game much less restrictive and really opens up the awesome interactive environment.

edit - goddamn beat me to the punch NM...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Thanks guys. So basically they're just the same games with added features and missions, it's not as if it's a different game or changed in any way. That's what I had hoped.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar
    -edit-
    old post removed. solution no longer required.
    Last edited by Jman; Thu, 05-31-2007 at 10:59 PM.

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

While the memebrs here are a helpful bunch, no one is going to do all those questions for you, especially since it seems you haven't made an effort at all.

If you need help with a particular question, we'll be glad to share our collective knowledge. But please dont get others to do your homework for you.

(btw, what grade are you in? those questions are all over the place)

When did Y come back? Someone help me out here.

And how did I win by only 2 points thats a fucking crock everyone who voted for that homo Kraknuts is a dickmeiser.

Quote Originally Posted by SK
    And how did I win by only 2 points thats a fucking crock everyone who voted for that homo Kraknuts is a dickmeiser.
    Man, you are a rotten winner. Although considering you failed to make a single post in the actual poll thread, yet still won, I guess you can afford to be.

Well, I promise not to vote for you in the next round so that your defeat will be ensured by more than two votes...

Quote Originally Posted by SK
    When did Y come back? Someone help me out here.
    About a month ago.

Awesome Y, I want to let you know that you inspired me to choose Philosophy as my major, thanks man, I love you.

BTW, Kraknuts lost and I wasn't even active when all this was going on HAHAHA.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    .... why is this in the "help me" thread?

... retarded ...