Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Help me!" Thread

I am currently playing Final Fantasy 7 again because I never got to finish it due to certain circumstances.

Anyway, I'm on disk 1 and I was wondering if it's worth getting Aeris's final limit break because, well, she dies at the end.

It takes too much effort to reach her final limit break and well, yeah she's not going to be around forever.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

I've sen acer laptop over here with specs that you specified - but there it one problem - it is acer - they have tendency to break.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    I have been playing FFIX on ePSXe lately, until I did a clean install and upgraded to Windows 7. Before that I had no problems with playing it, I was using Pete's OpenGL plugin and the graphics were dull, but the gameplay was seamless.

Ever since I upgraded, even at its lowest (fastest) settings, the plugin drastically improves the graphics to the point that my processor can't handle it. I have tried two different mounting programs, I have entered every possible combination of configuration options for the plugin, and the textures stay smooth, the colors stay bright and the gameplay plods along, impossible to ignore.

I have tried the other common plugins that come with the emulator, Pete's D3D driver and p.e.op.s with the same result. When I had Vista, no matter how I tweaked the configuration it did not render graphics this smoothly. My video card drivers are current and I am on disc 3 wondering if I'll even be able to finish the damn thing. I was hoping someone could help me out.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Hi guys, I'm looking for a free DVD ripper, no need anything fancy just need to get my DVD movies onto my harddisk. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

I use DVD Shrink v3.2.0.15 to rip my DVDs in iso format.

@Below: I see.
    Last edited by Marik; Tue, 05-04-2010 at 07:11 AM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    In the past I've used AVI2DVD to turn everything into avi format, and it's worked rather well. You just set up the type of encoding you want, queue up the tasks, and away you go.

@Marik: I think he's looking to encode them into a file.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Thanks guys! I'll give them a try!

(topic: Computer Networking)[SOLVED]

I want to know if there is a product on the market that will perform this task:

My house's network is as follows:

Router#1 (routing mode) -> Router#2 (wifi, repeating mode) -> PC3
    Router#1 (routing mode) -> Router#3 (lan, repeating mode) -> PC1,PC2,PS3.

Currently, Router#3 and Router#1 are connected using a pair of Ethernet over Power modems.

I want to replace these modems with a "Wireless Ethernet port" so to speak. It would be something that plugs into the ethernet port of Router#3 and relay all signals there across the air to the WiFi router. Router#2 would then pick it up and relay it to Router#1, which is my internet gateway.

Anyone heard of anything like this?

(Rephrased a bit, I'm looking for a wireless router that not only has the option of disabling its routing ability and just forward packets unmodified, but also with the ability to connect to other wireless routers as a "wireless client" rather than an Access Point, serving as a shared-wireless adapter for anybody connected to its ethernet ports)

edit: Managed to find a couple that "may" fit my needs. Let's up the difficulty - a product that supports this in WPA encryption?

edit2: Alright, for anyone interested or oblivious like me, this is called a Wireless Distribution System(WDS). Both the Master router and the Repeating router has to support the system to work, and operability across different manufacturers is not guaranteed.

Someone
    has reported the Netgear DG834G v3 works in WPA encryption, so I'll be looking our for some cheap, used ones.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Wed, 06-23-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Ok, time for another computer question. I know, I should be able to research this myself, but I just don't have a lot of time right now. I'm trying to pick an ISP for my new house that I am moving to this Friday. I will be sharing this house with 4 other girls. I don't think any of them are big downloaders or use that much bandwidth. For myself, I'd like to be able to play Guild Wars without experiencing much (or any) lag, and to be able to keep up with a few anime series.

We might already have a modem and a router. We estimate that we'll be staying there one year. Maybe longer, but that's not certain. So, contracts are out of the question.

The house does not have cable, and we don't plan on getting it since we don't watch much TV. However, Netflix just came to Canada so we're thinking of maybe getting that for watching select movies and TV shows.

I don't really have a good intuition of what kinds of speeds and bandwidths I'd need. We don't want to pay too much for it. The main contenders out here that we're looking at are Telus, Shaw and Teksavvy. I'm just a bit lost as to what company and service plan would suit our needs the best, so any advice would be appreciated.

Personally, I use Shaw. They're very reliable, and I have no complaints.

Currently, I'm using Shaw High-Speed Extreme. It's a good price with a solid bandwidth, considering how much I download. Many of my relatives and friends are also using Shaw, they're just a very good cable/internet provider.

I'd recommend either High-Speed or High-Speed Extreme, but since it doesn't look like you'll be downloading too much, and just need it for a bit of gaming, High-Speed will probably be a nice choice for you. You can always upgrade to Extreme, if you ever need more bandwidth.
    Last edited by Zati; Wed, 10-13-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Shaw - regular high speed comes down to around $50 per month after the first six or seven months (during those times, $25 per month). If you don't download too much (13 GB), then Lite at $35 works just as well (again, first six-seven months being about $20 per month).

Better customer service because of *happier* workers, relatively fast (variable) network and no contracts to boot (I believe they bill you for a fee for two months ahead).

However, if Telus is offering a promotional item like a free desktop computer or notebook, and like that instead, you might as well go with Telus.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enkoujin View Post
    Shaw - regular high speed comes down to around $50 per month after the first six or seven months (during those times, $25 per month). If you don't download too much (13 GB), then Lite at $35 works just as well (again, first six-seven months being about $20 per month).
    Keep in mind that streaming movies (through Netflix, for example), eats up bandwidth really fast. Lite might not work if 4 people want to use Netflix as a cable tv replacement.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

I have CCCP installed on this computer, and every encoding software I've tried (MediaCoder of late, Ripbot, SUPER, AVI2DVD etc) have been crashing on me.

I know codec packs can cause problems like this, and I remember tweaking some setting in FFDShow years ago that made things work out.

Does anyone know of the common settings that result in these crashes?

I am currently looking for subs. files(any kind of subs files), so I was wondering is there's any place were you can get them??
    (I would prefer AonE since they're the best but any fansub would do)

Hope somebody can help

Quote Originally Posted by LOC98 View Post
    I am currently looking for subs. files(any kind of subs files), so I was wondering is there's any place were you can get them??
    (I would prefer AonE since they're the best but any fansub would do)

Hope somebody can help
    Can you be more specific? What show are you looking for?

Ups! Sorry
    I'm looking for Naruto part 1, I love AonE's subs but there are little things I would like to change (Only for my pleassure)
    so if either I could get it from AonE or second choice any other kind of fansub but there are no website that I could find were you can download them. So this is way I'm asking for help here.
    Last edited by LOC98; Tue, 02-01-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Aone never released their srt or ass files, and were hardsubbed so ripping's impossible.

Generic srt files can be downloaded here:

http://subscene.com/subtitles/n/3/english.aspx

But is it possible to ask AonE for the subs, if they still have them of course??

Quote Originally Posted by LOC98 View Post
    But is it possible to ask AonE for the subs, if they still have them of course??
    Sure you can ask. Catch them on IRC if you can.

irc://irc.rizon.net/animeone