Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Help me!" Thread

Does anyone know where I can get an image hosted thats 3-5 mb?
    Last edited by Phoenix20578; Sun, 03-19-2006 at 10:44 PM.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Upstate, south side, west region, east of the 7-11.
    I had to reformat my computer and when I tried to reinstall my Mycrosaoft Word 2003 it says I need a product key. What do I do to get one? What should I do?

HELP!!! I have been using wordpad for h.w. and its a big pain. HELP!!!

Made by IFHTT
    “Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth; and God has placed in the human heart a desire to know the truth—in a word, to know himself—so that, by knowing and loving God, men and women may also come to the fullness of truth about themselves.” Pope John Paul II

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.

Computer Part Question

i have 1 or 2 question about some part that i wanted to buy...

ok before you continue to read.. go there:
    http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p...2-LSR&class=mb

on the Product Specification it say this :
    • Supports up to 3200+ processor or higher

what does it mean?, does it also suport older version like the 2500+ or 2800+? or do i need a 3200+ prossesor or higher to be able to use that mother board... i wanted to ask the technical support of it.. but.. its not for question..

Quote Originally Posted by BioAlien
    i have 1 or 2 question about some part that i wanted to buy...

ok before you continue to read.. go there:
    http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p...2-LSR&class=mb

on the Product Specification it say this :
    • Supports up to 3200+ processor or higher

what does it mean?, does it also suport older version like the 2500+ or 2800+? or do i need a 3200+ prossesor or higher to be able to use that mother board... i wanted to ask the technical support of it.. but.. its not for question..
    It will support up to 3200+. Meaning anything below that will still work, as long is its the same socket type. So, for this board, as long as the processor is an amd and socket type A. Also, make sure the processor you use is FSB 266/333/400 MHz. As long as those to requirements are met, the processor you use should be just fine.

"Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help."

how can i know those info about my prossesor? i know it a Amd Athlon XP 2800+, but i don't know about the type A and FSB 266/333/400 MHz

edit: by using Everest home edition... i see CPU FSB... but... its only at 165.90mhz, is that normal?

how can i know those info about my prossesor? i know it a Amd Athlon XP 2800+, but i don't know about the type A and FSB 266/333/400 MHz
    Well, what's the current motherboard you are using the processor in? If you're lucky, it might have the same (or at least similar) processor specs. I forget if its there, but if you right click your my computer icon and hit properties, it might be somewhere there. I would look myself, but that function is locked on my work computer. In the hardware tab, you can select device manager. It might be in there.

click your my computer icon and hit properties,
    found nothing there.. only the name of my prossesor is there..

In the hardware tab, you can select device manager.
    not there either...

also, here a pic of Everest..

my actual mother board is... this one
    http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l...20&modelmenu=1

i think they need the same thing.. but check by yourself.. to be sure(why didn't i think of that first.. looking at my old mother board spec.. lol)

also another question about the Board i want to buy...
    • Supports six memory banks using three 184-pin DDR DIMMs

Support Dual channel PC3200/2700/2100/1600 DDR SDRAMs
    so i can have 3 memory stick, 2 in dual Channel and 1 normal?

Well, the processor will definitly work in the new board. The memory question I am still looking up.

Edit: I am hesitant to say anything about the memory. The reason being the last time I had a MSI board it said it supported ddr 400 (pc 3200), but it wound up that only one ram slot could support the ddr 400 ram chip at 512mb, and the other 2 could only take ddr 333 or less. From what I can see, they all can take ddr 400. But I don't want to say that with any type of certainty. Do you have any ram chips in mind that you want to use?
    Last edited by Ero-Fan; Mon, 03-20-2006 at 01:33 PM.

Movie: Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle

I'm trying to find a place where I can download this movie using bit torrent. I tried torrentspy and a few other places, but I can't find it anywhere. If anyone knows of a place that has it, it would be cool if you told me. (it's sort of a project for my school)

This section of the forums is General DISCUSSION. As in, not a 'where can i find this?' section. You can post such requests in General Support or the Help Me thread. Making an entire thread on this is unnecessary.

GotWoot Moderator.

Edit----( Question erased )

Nevermind the question I figured it out... Amazing what Google can do for you
    Last edited by drims; Mon, 03-20-2006 at 05:32 PM.

Made by IFHTT
    “Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth; and God has placed in the human heart a desire to know the truth—in a word, to know himself—so that, by knowing and loving God, men and women may also come to the fullness of truth about themselves.” Pope John Paul II

hmm AFAIK, p4's quad pump their memory bus, thats why a p4 has 800mhz fsb ( 400mhz ddr ram is 200x2, so 4x in total ), and amds dual pump their bus, so your fsb would be 333mhz ( 165.90x2 = 331.8 ), you can always buy 400mhz ram if you want (pc 3200 ), it will fit i think, it will just run at 331.8 mhz instead
    and no, you cant have 2 in dual channel and 1 normal, then all 3 sticks go normal, it could be however ( never tested it myself ) , that you can have a pair of 256mb in dual channel and a pair of 512mb in dual channel, i think it would work, also 4 sticks of the same kind will also turn of dual channel, unless your mobo supports quad channel.

oh and for dual channel, i thought the requirment was 2 sticks in the uneven banks, 1 stick in bank 1 and one stick in bank 3, and/or 2 sticks in the even banks, 1 stick in bank 2 and one in bank 4
    Last edited by darkshadow; Mon, 03-20-2006 at 07:34 PM.

How do I reply to some messages left in my control panel. I can see the message but clicking it only opens the thread its linked from ,and it wont show me who posted it so I cant send a message back. What do I do?
    Last edited by drims; Mon, 03-20-2006 at 08:43 PM.

Made by IFHTT

Type A refers to Socket A, which is what Athlon XP's use. Don't worry about that too much.

For the processor itself, just look it up on Google. If I recall correctly, the 2800+ had two variations: Thoroughbred and Barton. Get a program called CPU-Z and it'll tell you which core you have. Then just Google up that core (T-Bred or Barton) because all the processors using that core will have near-identical specifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    oh and for dual channel, i thought the requirment was 2 sticks in the uneven banks, 1 stick in bank 1 and one stick in bank 3, and/or 2 sticks in the even banks, 1 stick in bank 2 and one in bank 4
    That totally depends on the motherboard. Read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by drims
    How do I reply to some messages left in my control panel. I can see the message but clicking it only opens the thread its linked from ,and it wont show me who posted it so I cant send a message back. What do I do?
    That is your reputation comments. It's anonymous so you can't message them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix20578
    Does anyone know where I can get an image hosted thats 3-5 mb?
    So, no one?

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Sorry Phoenix, I looked but the largest one I could find had a 2 meg limit.

Quote Originally Posted by IFingHateTonTon
    Sorry Phoenix, I looked but the largest one I could find had a 2 meg limit.
    Yeah. 5 MB is quite large indeed. If you really need to do it, your only option might be to get ordinary server space (and a novel domain), and host it the old way. A 5 megs image does eat quite a bit of bandwidth, though, so especially if you have many of them, don't link to the picture at popular places...

So, no one?
    I don't know what their limit is but blogger.com let me post a 4.14MB png file on my blog. why do you need such a large file size? why not just save it for the web if you're linking to it?

I'm doing a favor for a friend. I made him an animated backround for his Myspace, but the bg image needs to be hosted online.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    I'm doing a favor for a friend. I made him an animated backround for his Myspace, but the bg image needs to be hosted online.
    Hmm... I will host it on my web space as long as you argree that you send the file though e-mail and I'll give you the url of it
    image fail!