Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Help me!" Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    my university uses moodle for that, (we switched over from highlearn). It's open source, so maybe you can find a version that fits your needs.
    Lol, mine did too.

They ban all forms of external email on my work network because people are too dumb to not infect the network by opening virus attachments and spyware. This ban covers web and email client access to external email. This is fairly inconvenient not being able to access my personal email from work. Does anyone know of a website I can use to access gmail without actually visiting the gmail site?

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

Try the https version? That worked for a while where I work.

If that doesn't work, they're directly blacklisting it (and are wise to do so), and you're out of luck. If it is that important that you have access to gmail at work, get a smartphone with a good data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Try the https version? That worked for a while where I work.

If that doesn't work, they're directly blacklisting it (and are wise to do so), and you're out of luck. If it is that important that you have access to gmail at work, get a smartphone with a good data plan.
    Yeah they're blocking it by url, so any url with "mail" in it is blocked including the https version. To be fair, it's a good move because 99% of the people in the office would waste too much time or infect the network if they had access to their personal email (or facebook). I have less than a week at this job so it's no big deal, just an inconvenience. I was hoping there is an aggregate site that let's you check various email accounts without accessing them by url, kind of like how meebo worked with multiple chat sites.

Quote Originally Posted by enkoujin View Post
    Never had your problem, but try this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bfngldlkglhimk
    Same deal, blocked (the dl site, not sure about the app).

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Remote-access your home computer?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I'll see if that's possible, but it's doubtful. We're in a secure environment, and I think that would be frowned upon.

Need help! I've been banned from this forum I used to frequent (for trolling of all reasons, what a load of crap). I registered with a new username, new email address, and my ISP changed since I was last banned from the site, so my IP should be different. Yet they still managed to detect and refuse my new account registration (and were dicks about it). How are they able to do this?

Try clearing your cookies and registering with new info like a different e-mail address.

try using a public computer for the registration process

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Need help! I've been banned from this forum I used to frequent (for trolling of all reasons, what a load of crap). I registered with a new username, new email address, and my ISP changed since I was last banned from the site, so my IP should be different. Yet they still managed to detect and refuse my new account registration (and were dicks about it). How are they able to do this?
    No wai! .

LOL seriously? That's so funny LOLOLOLOL sucks to be you!
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by enkoujin View Post
    Try clearing your cookies and registering with new info like a different e-mail address.
    Tried those, no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    try using a public computer for the registration process
    Considered this, probably what I'll end up doing. Though if I use the account on my home network, won't they be able to detect it's the same person? Hopefully they only check during the registration process.

Weird thing is, I traveled for the holidays and tried to register from my parents' and relatives' ISPs, but the site had blocked all registrations from their ISPs (AT&T Uverse). They also have my work ISP blocked, but it's a large college so that kinda makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    No wai!
    I know right, what a load of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    LOL seriously? That's so funny LOLOLOLOL sucks to be you!
    Nah, it's probably better if I don't get back on that site. I wasted so much time there, usually being an a-hole and talking shit to people. Not my proudest moments, but lots of fun.
    Last edited by Animeniax; Sun, 01-05-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Nah, it's probably better if I don't get back on that site. I wasted so much time there, usually being an a-hole and talking shit to people. Not my proudest moments, but lots of fun.
    How is that any different from what you do here?!
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    How is that any different from what you do here?!
    Come on now, you know 95% of what I post here is serious and the real deal. I'm only snarky towards the snarky individuals here. On this other forum I was an outright a-hole, mostly in response to other a-holes, but also as my go-to site for stress-relief and cutting loose.

Come on now, you know 95% of what I post here is serious and the real deal.
    Agree completely.

You really are a racist and a homophobe, and serious about it every time.

I started eating dark chocolate every day because I learned some of the benefits it supposedly has. Today I didn't have any, and got a big headache. Then I remembered not eating any dc today, so I had a piece... now the headache is gone. Is it the caffeine? Is it something in dark chocolate that is addictive?

I'm already addicted to coffee and have a cup every morning or suffer with a bad headache all day. I hope this isn't another addiction I'll have to support.

No, it's either a coincidence or psychosomatic. Dark chocolate definitely won't have such an effect physiologically. Unless it's from some dubious source and contains something extra chocolate shouldn't ever contain.

Just to be sure, though, you do know the positive effects already are granted by a very limited amount? If you eat too much of it, you'll just get extra calories and their associated problems like from any high-energy food.

Well I didn't get the headache from knowing I hadn't eaten any chocolate; it was the opposite, I had the headache and then remembered and ate some chocolate, and the headache went away (though I suppose that part could be psychosomatic).

I only eat the recommended amount of dark chocolate most days, a block about 10cm x 3cm x 1cm. I don't really like the taste, though some flavored dark chocolates make it tasty. I definitely get an energy boost from eating it, so is that from caffeine or sugar?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    so is that from caffeine or sugar?
    Well did you have your coffee for the day as well? I'd put money on the caffeine.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~