Thread: Forum Rules on Spoilers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    im fine with preview discussion in the episode thread as well. Since its part of the subbed episode, all anime watchers have the chance to see it. If you dont want to thats you're choice, but then you can't really complain about being spoiled. That would be like skipping a part of teh episode and then bitching when someone talks about it.

Is asking for spoiler tags too much? I feel like there was a discussion on this a while ago but I can't remember what was the reason for not having them.

Besides, spoiler is so relative. If half of GW watches an anime series, and the other half doesn't, is the info given out in subsequent discussions considered spoiler? I'm inclined to say no but it is a bit annoying when looking for a new series to watch and checking through the threads and accidentally reading what's gonna happen next. Personally, it doesn't bother me too much but maybe some rabid purist out there might think otherwise =P

Quote Originally Posted by Honoko
    Is asking for spoiler tags too much? I feel like there was a discussion on this a while ago but I can't remember what was the reason for not having them.
    QFT. Spoiler tags could help with fanart spoilers. It could also help if people want to discuss previews or reference manga points.

I don't have anything against spoiler tags if they are forbidden in episode discussion threads, and only allowed in, for example, the fanarts section. Otherwise with the rules now in place there's no need for spoiler tags, because spoilers aren't allowed. And it's bloody annoying to read discussion threads filled with spoiler tags, and you never know what's under them before you click.

Quote Originally Posted by Honoko
    Besides, spoiler is so relative. If half of GW watches an anime series, and the other half doesn't, is the info given out in subsequent discussions considered spoiler? I'm inclined to say no but it is a bit annoying when looking for a new series to watch and checking through the threads and accidentally reading what's gonna happen next.
    It's a conscious risk to browse through the whole series discussion thread when looking for a new series. Normally the few first posts are enough to both tell what the series is all about and what are the reactions by the first viewers. Any longer than that down the thread, and logically thinking the only things you could learn are spoilers, and little else. What else could there even be? Aside from some strange details like "in episode # the graphics were really bad, but according to the preview they are normal in the next ep...". Such things don't really help with choosing a new series to watch.