Thread: Forum Rules on Spoilers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There's no need for spoiler tags in anime discussions period. Those forums are to discuss fansubs, not manga and not raws. There's no need to refference manga points, why? Because we are not fucking discussing the manga here. If you can't backup your points with anime information, then don't even try to argue something.

@xDarkMaster:

Yes, that's the reasoning behind why you can identify someone's post as a spoiler. That's why there's a pm system, a report system, and IRC. Get in touch with a mod, tell them which post is a spoiler and they'll handle it. Also, pm'ing the member who posted the spoiler might help to remove the spoiler. Just don't identify it in the thread itself.

@dragonrage:

You are relatively new, so you don't know how these naruto anime watchers get by the hint of anything being spoiled. Those rules are not in placed because we mods wanted them, it was because there have been lots and lots of complaints in the past about them getting spoiled because of it. You've only arrived at the Filler Era, and no one cares about that, but once it gets back to the manga story you'll see how many of them don't want to know the title of the next episode, heck they didn't even want preview discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by samsonlonghair
    Hmm... I feel that this discussion may be (at least partly) my fault. I pointed out to a new user that his sig may violate the spoiler rule. Though I did it without mentioning anything speciffic that could give away future plot points, in hindsight I probably should have kept it to PM. I apologize if I've caused any problems.
    Didn't see your post, so no, it wasn't because of you. All of the things explained in the thread had been old rules, we are just spelling them out more clearly for people that don't seem to understand them, and to give us mods more leverage when we decide something is a spoiler.

But people, this is the most important part of masa's post:

but not limited to

So, don't think that because a certain situation wasn't discussed in the rules, but it's still of spoiler nature that you won't be punished for it. So people, don't be jackasses and try to find loopholes because you'll pay dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Honoko
    Besides, spoiler is so relative. If half of GW watches an anime series, and the other half doesn't, is the info given out in subsequent discussions considered spoiler?
    What do you mean, if I suddenly went to a Utawarerumono discussion and said something along the lines of "This reminds me of the FMA ending when Al died when he got his head chopped off"?
    Last edited by Munsu; Sat, 09-23-2006 at 11:57 AM.