Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Claymore

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    Can't wait to see more of Ophelia, I really liked her character.
    This alone has riveted my attention. I will start reading it to see what's up. (My real name is really close to that Shakespeare version).

edit: read Volume 1 and I'm totally hooked. Next time I post here is when I catch up =P
    Last edited by Honoko; Thu, 04-12-2007 at 08:08 PM.

Volume 7

It's a torrent, there wasn't any DDL or an XDCC up.

Edit: Wow, that was a good volume. The author also did a good job on emphasizing how weak Claire was/is.
    Last edited by animus; Tue, 04-17-2007 at 01:40 PM.

Just read the volume, and it was an awesome volume. The volume nicely incorportated some "leveling-up" and some great action. I didn't like Ophelia's appearance after being awakened though... they should keep a more Claymore/Human like form.

I think it's silly how these "awakened" beings are so far and away in terms of looks from regular Yoma. I mean just because Claymore's are half-human half yoma, and the yoma side overtakes the human side it shouldn't be any different in terms of looks from a regular humanoid yoma. Maybe there's some hidden intricacies like, only female yomas looking that way. If I recall all the regular small fry yomas that we've seen killed by Claymores were male.

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt... I think Ophellia wasn't conscious enough to keep her "normal" appearance, I mean she realized she was awakened very late. That they can transform into that appearance during a fight is fine, but they shouldn't be walking around in that form as she'd been doing. There should also be a realistic attempt to fight normally, with their Claymores and stuff... and if that doesn't work, sure go ahead and transform.

Its a bit interesting that now clare has 2 "uber-abilities". She should recive a substantial rank increase if she can beat Ophelia.

She should've kept Ilena's Claymore too.

Caught up What an awesome storyline. And Ophelia is indeed a badass character

Okay, so what's next for Clare to detach and reattach? Whose legs can she take for improvement? I kid, I kid...

Oh, and I was just thinking... there is an advantage to stay no. 47. Especially if her opponent is another Claymore. That whole, "lower your guard" thing, you know?

Like I said in the Claymore anime thread, Raki is totally Clare's shota boy toy.

Oh right, I totally forgot about the kiss scene... I really wasn't expecting it, at least not at this moment. I thought it was nicely done. Has it been discussed how old Clare and Raki are?

Hm I don't think so. How long has it been since she took in Teresa's flesh? I'd say before that, she was what, 12 or 13? I'd guess Raki is in the 13-16 range.

good old fashioned statutory rape....nahh they probably dont have laws like thatin...wherever they are.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    I think it's silly how these "awakened" beings are so far and away in terms of looks from regular Yoma. I mean just because Claymore's are half-human half yoma, and the yoma side overtakes the human side it shouldn't be any different in terms of looks from a regular humanoid yoma. Maybe there's some hidden intricacies like, only female yomas looking that way. If I recall all the regular small fry yomas that we've seen killed by Claymores were male.
    Meh, there was that one male awakened one that was fought before Ophelia came in.

I'll take a shot in the dark and say that only the most powerful Yoma, and thus the least humanoid (if there are any), are bonded to humans to create Claymore.

KIMOCHI~II

Quote Originally Posted by Honoko
    Okay, so what's next for Clare to detach and reattach? Whose legs can she take for improvement? I kid, I kid...
    there's that monkey acrobatic girl, who used to be #4/5 together with the brute girl... claire can totally steal her legs or whatever...

I did kind of feel bad for Ophelia. Yeah, she was an evil bitch, but she became everything she's ever hated. Seeing her break down after she finally saw herself (how could she not have noticed earlier?) made me pity her. Priscilla hated Youma as much as Ophelia did, but she wasn't was shocked at all when she became one. I guess the difference is that Ophelia always hated Awakened Ones specifically.

It also seems that Priscilla has been very busy since she Awakened.

Priscilla also killed her brother. She's the One-horned monster or whatever I think.

She clearly is, Clare said so in the last released released.

Read this earlier and damn it was good, now we need to wait more.

and damn Priscilla was a scary bitch pre-translation and her whole attitude after and then when she saw herself, god damn.

Quote Originally Posted by kAi
    Read this earlier and damn it was good, now we need to wait more.

and damn Priscilla was a scary bitch pre-translation and her whole attitude after and then when she saw herself, god damn.
    Don't you mean Ophelia?

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Don't you mean Ophelia?
    yeah, same shit.

I like Clare's new arm, it's so nice.