Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Claymore

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Impressive is how Galatea only recognized Clare when she started to speak

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75
    Impressive is how Galatea only recognized Clare when she started to speak
    How could she? She recognizes youki, without youki, they might as well be... well... ghosts. I guess this answers my question about them using youki... Which makes them sooo much cooler, I mean, them being stronger than any of the single digit without yoma power, what if they started rippin' about using it??? It would be 10 times the power.

I'd think they'd prefer to avoid doing that for a number of reasons.

1) Any Claymore could find them if Miata's sixth sense analysis is correct. They'd radiate Yoki like an active Awakened (probably including the three that are not semi-Awakened).

2) Any Awakened would know where they are as well. They are hunting Priscilla, and we've seen how sensitive she has become. She knew what was happening in the Northern battle from a great distance away. I'm sure Agatha is what brought them to the city, rather than their search for Galatea (but Clare's guess where she was hiding might have brought them in that direction, just like it did for Clarice and Miata).

3) It's been 7 years since the Slashers within the Seven have been "semi-Awakened." Any Claymore knows from her early training that once you begin to go over the limit, it is only a matter of time until you fully Awaken. Riful described them as ripening fruit, using Yoki would only make it go faster. They are a special case, but they certainly can't be too careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Ikari
    How could she? She recognizes youki, without youki, they might as well be... well... ghosts. I guess this answers my question about them using youki... Which makes them sooo much cooler, I mean, them being stronger than any of the single digit without yoma power, what if they started rippin' about using it??? It would be 10 times the power.
    That's my point yes. They do not sweat any youki that Galatea can feel... and she was the strongest at feeling Yoki.
    Nowadays, as stated before, Miata seems better at doing this and certainly the one giving directions.
    Galatea needs good training from the 7, she's behind now, she has to work hard to regain her rank as best yoki sensing Claymore.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Some corrections on the less important members of the band of seven. Tabatha was the one guiding the attacks, she is recognizable because she only has one braid which is on her right side and she always looks really serious. Also Tabatha's thigh highs are connected to a garter belt like Miria's while Cynthia's (who has a braid on either side of her head) are free like Clare's. Cynthia also looks more playful and childish, often smirking or smiling.

The only one with long hair is obviously Yuma, who wears a full body suit like Helen and Deneve but with more 'stuff' on it and generally looks out of her element and depressed.

There are so many claymores and ex-claymores that its hard to keep up the names...
    But after reading chapter 78, I've felt like those 7 got so much stronger. In terms of power, I'd like to say Claire and Miria would be the same, but Claire would have the potential to have more power since she inherited Teresa's power while being the main character (main character almost always become the strongest later)

I'd like to see them recruiting Galatea for their cause, but I think Galatea will say something like "I have to protect this town" or some bs. Is it me or this chapter's monster's "True Form" look a lot like..whats her name...Ritful?

Someone also mentioned that Claire uses wind cutter from Flora...I thought she used Flash sword that she learned from Irene?
    And in this chapter, Claire said that the accuracy of her technique went up while the power decreased...is that an improvement after 7 years of training?

Oh, and its been a while since I read the manga and watched the anime, but did Claire fight Priscilla in the manga yet? or was it just in the anime?

And finally, I'd like to say that Galatea is the best looking claymore, coming from a male reader.

The "true form" was actually the one claire cut up, the naked woman. The one that resembled Riful was her fake 'true form'.

As for her technique, she uses both. Originally she learned flash sword (pre time skip)...after the war in the north (during the 7 year time skip) she also learned Wind Cutter. This was because wind cutter doesn't require yoki, whereas flash sword requires the user to fully awaken their arm. And during thier absence they were all trying to avoid using any yoki to avoid detection.

When she said her accuracy had increased but the power had decreased, i believe she was talking about her flash sword....as that was the technique galatea witnessed when they faced Riful/Duff. At that time, claire could do it but not control where the slashes went. Now she has better accuracy, but because she's avoiding using excessive amounts of yoki (thats my theory atleast), its power has decreased.

And lastly, no claire and priscilla haven't fought in the manga yet.

I don't think she meant the flash sword specifically since she can't use it again until the gang decides that it's okey for them to use yoki. Which they haven't.

So I think that the reason the power has gone down is because the windcutter is weaker than the flash sword. But since she has been able to practice that for so long her accuracy has gone up (in general).

I think there is a fairly good chance of Galatea joining the ghosts, just give her a pill to make her yoki disappear :P However, I don't see this happening because Galatea is a loner, she has exposed her yoki (it seems lame to use a pill and join the gang) and her powers are already complemented with the other members. The only reason I see for her joining would be a bigger party and her powers to tweak yoki flow (which doesn't really work all that well against stronger AB's) being a very small reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Ikari
    I don't think she meant the flash sword specifically since she can't use it again until the gang decides that it's okey for them to use yoki. Which they haven't.

So I think that the reason the power has gone down is because the windcutter is weaker than the flash sword. But since she has been able to practice that for so long her accuracy has gone up (in general).

I think there is a fairly good chance of Galatea joining the ghosts, just give her a pill to make her yoki disappear :P However, I don't see this happening because Galatea is a loner, she has exposed her yoki (it seems lame to use a pill and join the gang) and her powers are already complemented with the other members. The only reason I see for her joining would be a bigger party and her powers to tweak yoki flow (which doesn't really work all that well against stronger AB's) being a very small reason...
    In claymore, authors have been strong enough to give us so few details so that they can come up with lots of surprises.
    I wouldn't be too surprised to see Galatea progress by a huge leap just by getting closer to the 7.
    Why?
    Because she is very talented and maybe only needs to know that her limits are a lot higher than she thought. She may realize that the 7 did go much further than what she thought was possible. Thus may be able to get there (or even only half the way) very quickly.
    And thanks for pointing out her ability to tweak yoki, as it is certainly a very handful skill she has that could prove very useful if brought to the level of control Claire or Miria have for their powers.

I'm also quite interested in seeing what happens with Galatea. The point about her still using her yoki to fight slipped my mind - that certainly makes her incompatible with the 7 if they're going for any sort of stealth approach.

I like the way this fight played out. It's pretty much a clue-in to how Riful can be defeated, since her "outer form" is probably just a larger, tougher, and more powerful version of Agatha. Before, it was like "okay she's just this mass of wires, how do you kill her?"

I was also thinking about the way the group of 7 is set up character-wise. If Clare wasn't the main character of the manga, wouldn't Miria fall in pretty close to that role?

Quote Originally Posted by Augury
    I'm also quite interested in seeing what happens with Galatea. The point about her still using her yoki to fight slipped my mind - that certainly makes her incompatible with the 7 if they're going for any sort of stealth approach.

I like the way this fight played out. It's pretty much a clue-in to how Riful can be defeated, since her "outer form" is probably just a larger, tougher, and more powerful version of Agatha. Before, it was like "okay she's just this mass of wires, how do you kill her?"
    I see absolutely no issue with Galatea joining the 7. Tabitha uses nearly exactly the same techniques in sensing her opponents, and she uses zero Yoki just like the other 7. In that same way, the only reason Galatea could be found at all was because Miata never uses Yoki, she instinctually finds her opponents. She functions and fights by sensing Yoki, but the only technique requiring her to use a little Yoki is the "nudge" she used against Duff. However, that usually only works on the lowest denominator (or in Duff's case, the dumbest) of Awakened Beings and regular Yoma. Agatha thwarted the ability fairly easily. Tabitha is good, but even she can't compare to the God Eye. Galatea would be welcomed into the 7, she just wouldn't be able to know that any of them are there

As for Riful, she and Agatha are nowhere near the same structurally. Agatha was a body with demonic hair that she coiled and coiled into her little platform, and her quote-unquote, "true form." As this chapter illustrated, Agatha actually had a human-shapely...err...shaped body. Riful's true form is exactly what Agatha was pretending to be, all ribbons. I suspect from the attack of 3 and 5 (of Clarice/Miata's generation) revealed the total extent of Riful's body. "Riful" exists in all portions of her ribbon-like body, and you'd have to destroy it all at once to actually hurt her. She mentioned something towards that effect. If the two had followed-up, they might have wounded her a tiny bit.

Something like Clare's Awakened form, under her total control, and slashing with her Flash Sword techniques, but using bladed arms long enough to compare to Riful in size would probably kill her.

Regarding galatea....its a long shot, but she could also join the 7 and act in a support capacity. While her ability to influence the flow of yoki wouldn't work on AB's (not yet atleast...its still possible that with training she could increase that, just like the 7 increased thier abilities), it can still be useful to her comrades.

Rite now, the biggest problem for claire/miria/deneve/helen is that if they use too much yoki, they could go over the limit anytime. However we've seen galatea use her ability to pull clare back from the edge. It is possible that she could do the same for the others, especially if she trained and got stronger, and be a sort of safety net, allowing them to push thier limits and go a little crazy if the situation requires.

Btw, is Isely still alive? he was wounded during the battle with luciana or whatever, but i forget what happened afterwards.

Isley was badly wounded which was a part of Riful and the other Abyssals plan, Riful had planned to finish the job, but when she realized that Priscilla was stronger than Isley she had no choice but to retreat making it possible for Isley to take care of his wounds.

I don't know much about the others, but for some reason I'm not worried about Clare, she seems to know exactly where her limit is... I mean, the only reason she went as far as she did with the Lion king was because it was the worst possible situation.

Otherwise she has gone over the limits at least 4 times without any problems. When she met Raphaela before losing her arm, in order to heal her legs. When she healed her leg in order to save Galatea...... and so on.

The other cards though, are a bit more uncertain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    I see absolutely no issue with Galatea joining the 7. Tabitha uses nearly exactly the same techniques in sensing her opponents, and she uses zero Yoki just like the other 7. In that same way, the only reason Galatea could be found at all was because Miata never uses Yoki, she instinctually finds her opponents. She functions and fights by sensing Yoki, but the only technique requiring her to use a little Yoki is the "nudge" she used against Duff. However, that usually only works on the lowest denominator (or in Duff's case, the dumbest) of Awakened Beings and regular Yoma. Agatha thwarted the ability fairly easily. Tabitha is good, but even she can't compare to the God Eye. Galatea would be welcomed into the 7, she just wouldn't be able to know that any of them are there
    Galatea has been suppressing her yoki for a long time because she's been hiding in Rabona, but she used some this fight - isn't that similar to Ilena's situation? She also got her body punctured and arm ripped off, so she'll need to use yoki to heal it if she hasn't already. Whoever is the Organization's regular "eye" should be able to find her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    As for Riful, she and Agatha are nowhere near the same structurally. Agatha was a body with demonic hair that she coiled and coiled into her little platform, and her quote-unquote, "true form." As this chapter illustrated, Agatha actually had a human-shapely...err...shaped body. Riful's true form is exactly what Agatha was pretending to be, all ribbons. I suspect from the attack of 3 and 5 (of Clarice/Miata's generation) revealed the total extent of Riful's body. "Riful" exists in all portions of her ribbon-like body, and you'd have to destroy it all at once to actually hurt her. She mentioned something towards that effect. If the two had followed-up, they might have wounded her a tiny bit.

Something like Clare's Awakened form, under her total control, and slashing with her Flash Sword techniques, but using bladed arms long enough to compare to Riful in size would probably kill her.
    I was under the impression that the mass of ribbons that we see Riful as isn't her true form. The first time we see her, Alicia says she grasped the "outer layer," then makes an estimation based on that. Recently, she was still holding back against #3 and #5. Even so, I agree that it's possible that holding back her power might not necessarily mean a transformation in the way her body operates, but I felt that the author set up Agatha as a precedent for how Riful could be handled.

I see what you are referring to about the "outer layer," and that does support your point. But, if you want to play with Alicia's words, something else she says supports my hypothesis. She follows the statement you quoted with "I would be able to destroy 50% of her body before [being killed]." (I forget the exact wording of the end, but it is to that effect.)

As for Galatea, The "Eyes" of the Organization can only see so far. If they are not close, say 10 miles judging from the first scenes we see Galatea, they wouldn't be able to sense her. If what we understand about the handlers of the Organization discussing Galatea's betrayal and the rise of the new "Eye," Galatea was one of the exceptions with her range. Tabitha has shown she can have the same level of detail, but the extreme range seemed to be a rarity even among the "eyes."

Jounin
    I thought the reason Clare and the others did not go over their limit was due to their mental strength. During the Fight in the North, they all used their Youki to the max and Clare and Deneve, even went past (Rather, to their new limit) their Youki limit. I don't think them surviving this long without awakening has to do with them not using their Youki. When Clare had to kill her friend at the beginning, that was due to her friend recklessly using her Youki, A.K.A going to her limits and maybe slightly over. As clare noticed, a great deal of mental strength can keep your conscious mind human as an awakened being, Jean being the example here. Clare pulling her back from her awaked form...

The 2 soldiers recognized Clare right away, as did Galatea.

I still think each time they approach their limit or go slightly past it then back to normal again. They are given a new limit and part of that power carries with them to their normal state. Maybe it's just Clare since she's 1/4 Teresa and 3/4 Human. I could be wrong here. :P

You're right, but why take chances? Clare didn't make it last time, and only Jean's final dying effort saved her. The Slashers still have no idea what has really happened, or how it works. They could fully Awaken at any time.

About Riful: well, we'll see eventually. There's too many "ifs" now to really discuss further.

Apparently Claymore did not come out this month. Rumor has it the author is skipping this month and will release chapter 79 in the May 4th issue of whatever mag Claymore comes out in.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Fri, 04-04-2008 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    Apparently Claymore did not come out this month. Rumor has it the author is skipping this month and will release chapter 79 in the May 4th issue of whatever mag Claymore comes out in.
    And here I thought I was entering the thread with some release links. This blows, was really looking forward to the next chapter.

Got a link to an article? Or heard it randomly in IRC or something?