Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Claymore

Rigald killed all the strong Claymores, with the exception of Miria. You kind of had to figure that once they developed some of the other Claymores, that it would be their time to die. But the ones still left alive at this point to protect Miria are the ones who've partially awakened. Underestimation could be a huge factor in defeating him. Jean was also only stabbed through the torso, and for semi-awakened ones, that doesn't mean much. She is an offensive type, but Clare has been speared through several times. I don't believe Jean is completely out of the picture yet.

Priscilla and Riful aren't considered Awakened ones anymore, since they were stronger than anyone else when they awoke. That's why they separate them above as Abyssal Ones. I wouldn't be surprised if Priscilla and Riful's current appearance is more like what it was when they joined the organization. Riful was commented on being the youngest Claymore to reach rank 1, and also a member of the first generation of female warriors.

We also have the Organization training up the top 5 (excluding Ophelia, who they may or may not know awoke and was slain). They showed one of the men in black talking to the shadowed figure of Alicia, number 1, about doing more experiments on her to get her strong enough to take out Riful.

So we've got the Northern and Western Abyssal Ones beginning campaigns against each other, the Organization making their monstrously strong Claymores stronger in the East, and the semi-awakened group caught in the middle of everyone. Riful and Isley both want to recruit any awakened Claymores, even forcing them to do so. The Organization will probably kill any of the semi-awakened after they finish off the Abyssal Ones. And we still don't know what Miria knows about the Organization.

Can't wait for the next couple volumes.

Bumped for volume 11

Claymore vol 11

There's only 12 volumes or so in Japan, so unfortunately this pace won't keep up.

Nice! 10sigh (Genius), his name definetely suits him!

Edit: That was a really good volume, but I must say it was quite cheesy. Even if Clare awakened just those limbs, that shouldn't mean she should completely dominate an awakened being, among awakened beings, the Lion King who is FULLY awakened and 2nd or 3rd in command to Isley. Oh well, it's manga, they're bound to have stuff like this. Just a little minor pet peeve.We finally see Isley awaken fully, and he seems to be getting owned by Lucia. Amazing events.
    Last edited by animus; Thu, 05-10-2007 at 01:07 PM.

Clare couldn't ever control her awakened limbs at any point. She just went berserk after him. The other Claymores helped distract him and occasionally peppered him with minor blows (or at least attempted to). Clare won only because she was so much faster and had many more blades to his single arm.

Alicia and Bess must be what the Organization wants out of their Claymores. Mindless drones who do what they are told. They obviously are no longer fond of Galatea, and will probably try to kill her off once the new "eye" is completely ready. After all, one of the characters said the only reason they approved of Clare being given Teresa's parts was an outside hope that her ability would be preserved.

I do like how Clare isn't just powering up for no reason and miraculously being able to control it. She clearly has control issues, shown by Jean having to help her back. Also, there's been a logical progression from how she was at the Cathedral to how she accomplished this. First she semi-awakened, bringing out a huge jump in potential. Second, she further developed the skills she inherited from Teresa, so she has a greater understanding of other's youma energy as well as her own. After that, she learned to control individual limbs surging with youma energy from Ilena, and was given the graft to improve that arm's speed. Inspired from Galatea, Clare developed the energy alignment skills needed to bring herself back from the Awakened state, which she tested on Jean, and later herself. Finally, some additional training with Flora, and we have Clare as she exists in this volume.

So Isley sent troops to the East and West to distract the Organization and Riful while he went after Lucia. Seeing what the Organization really wants, maybe the surviving Claymores in the group we've come to know so well joining with Riful isn't such a bad idea after all.

For some reason I like Riful, so I wouldn't mind they joining her for some reason, even if it's moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Nice! 10sigh (Genius), his name definetely suits him!

Edit: That was a really good volume, but I must say it was quite cheesy. Even if Clare awakened just those limbs, that shouldn't mean she should completely dominate an awakened being, among awakened beings, the Lion King who is FULLY awakened and 2nd or 3rd in command to Isley. Oh well, it's manga, they're bound to have stuff like this. Just a little minor pet peeve.We finally see Isley awaken fully, and he seems to be getting owned by Lucia. Amazing events.

yea, it was ridiculous, but there's something to be said about the element of suprise. The lion king guy wasnt expecting that, got caught off guard, and ate it. I dont really have a problem with it...

*spoilers*

Aww im kinda bummed that Flora died, I got to liking her in such a short time.

Also when Claire had all foul limbs awakened anyone got the feeling that she looked like that one girl from Busou Renkin?
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

You know, come to think of it, she did somewhat resemble Tokiko.

Volume 12 by 10sigh

I swear, this 10sigh guy is a fucking god among men.

Edit: Did anyone feel the timeskip was rather, random? Nothing was really indicated about it in the previous volume cept the fact that all the Claymore's in the north had "died". Shame we didn't get to see an older Raki, 7 years older meaning he's no longer Clare's shota-boy toy and I can feel a future love relationship between the two.

Also, I don't see numbers 3 and 5 doing anything significant to Riful, because it was stated that Number 1 with the aid of number 2 regulating her spirit, would deal 50% damage to Riful before dying. Maybe that was just before she was completed, I can't completely recall. Anyways since this volume is complete, mangaupdates does not indicate that volume 13 has been started in Japan. Are the chapters released weekly? Hopefully we can get like a weekly Claymore scanlation!
    Last edited by animus; Sat, 05-12-2007 at 08:41 AM.

that number 4 is creepy..in a sexy (yet disturbing) way...

Wow, wherever it was stated that all the male warriors were put out to pasture obviously missed the Organization leaders, Rubul being the most prominent example. Can't wait till the inner workings of that place are revealed.

Also seems kind of strange that Riful herself would take to the field and personally confront a group of Claymores without her second-in-command. Guess she must really want current 3 and 5. Speaking of which, I wonder where Galatea could've gone?

KIMOCHI~II

Claymore is awsome.
    really awsome...
    the new gen claymores are even more powerful, forget about agility, brute strenght or flashy swordplay, they're half crazy uber monsters. I wonder which number will the first to awaken and go super saiyan2.
    http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20050803.html

also, what do we know by now? who stands where?
    we've seen 3 (gentle sword), 5 (friction sword) and 4 (pervert loli), in addition to that we have alicia and Bess (1& 2?), which leaves us with the new eye - Lune. what do you think her number is?I wonder how do they stack up againt pricsilla and isely? and how does claire compare to them now?

next, Raphel is most likely dead, since #5 is taken. or she was moved back into a secret spot for covert ops, or whatever.
    intersting, though. the first five are crazy, probably each of them was manually created by the orginazation, the single digits are most likely also good, but everyone else is just filling in the numbers, seems like a really big gap.

moving on, the black suits seem to be the last speciment of male warriors, that's why they never fight (so they won't awaken) nor do they age. Rubul was there before ralph's sister has gone crazy, which was a few years before terrasa came, about ten years before the series started, and now've jumped seven years to the future. that makes about 25 years or something? dude is crazy!

one abyssal girl (Luci?) is dead, Rufi is also going down, leaves us isely? everything is his for the taking. for whatever reason he wants it... I wonder how's Raki doing, did they (Isely and Prisc) put him in the cell to protect him and then picked him up? or did they spilt up for good?

lots of questions... I hope 13 comes out just as fast...

Some of leaders of the Organization mentioned sending out Lune to go look for the missing 7 before one of the others claimed there would be no point in it. I assume Lune is the new "eye" of the Organization and the rebellious Galatea has met her end by their hands.

As for number 4, Miata, she looks about the same size as Clarice, but I took a peek at the raws of 13, and she barely comes up to Clarice's chest. Miata really is a child. The focus on Clarice makes me wonder if her and Miata are going to become major sideplot to the main 7.

Riful, I know she's pure evil, but she really is strangely likeable. Helen and Denveve had that talk towards the end about which side they were actually going to save, and I have to admit, I idly hope they side with Riful somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Some of leaders of the Organization mentioned sending out Lune to go look for the missing 7 before one of the others claimed there would be no point in it. I assume Lune is the new "eye" of the Organization and the rebellious Galatea has met her end by their hands.

As for number 4, Miata, she looks about the same size as Clarice, but I took a peek at the raws of 13, and she barely comes up to Clarice's chest. Miata really is a child. The focus on Clarice makes me wonder if her and Miata are going to become major sideplot to the main 7.

Riful, I know she's pure evil, but she really is strangely likeable. Helen and Denveve had that talk towards the end about which side they were actually going to save, and I have to admit, I idly hope they side with Riful somewhere.
    You didn't even need to look at the raws, there was a panel where you see Clarice sprawled out on the floor, and Miata directly on top of her. They met at the legs, and Miata was at Clarice's chest doing her business.

Well, I needed to look at the raws anyway. Not that they did any good. Lots of dialogue.

Claymore has turned into a spectacular series. I look forward the following volume s more and more as the series goes on.

*spoilers*

Hm... I dont like the new 3 and 5, but number 4 seems to interest me. I just wanna see how much stronger the 7 have gotten though it seems the bottom 3 of the 7 have gotten any stronger. And ya i was kinda hoping that they side with Ritful, well to at least kill 3 and 5 off.

I thought it was kinda cheesy when the introduce "Clarice" and that she just so happened to be number 47.

Lol, Teresa's flesh, Elena's arm, and know Flora's wind cutter, Clair's becoming quiet the collector.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

I wonder what clair's actual ranking would be now?? I mean, the way miria looks at her now, she'd probably be considered an elite...like top 4 or 5

Miria said that the core of her group can probably handle any single digit, and they all certainly have stealth on their side, having practiced it for the past 7 years. I think Clare would rank at least 3rd. Miria even said the Windcutter is slower that the Quick Blade, and she'd still be a match for most other Claymores.

Clarice is 47 because that's the lowest rank there is, and she's fairly incomplete. The leaders announced that their ranks were back to full at 47. Remember that the Claymores are separated by regions, putting the strongest ones in the toughest/largest regions. I doubt they swell their ranks beyond what's necessary. The common people would be afraid if there was suddenly an army of half-yoma warriors. They keep the numbers low to avoid that. This generation, they have obviously focused the most on their strongest members, and left the rest of the group weak.

Volume 13 Chapter 70-72 Sendspace
    Volume 13 Chapter 70-72 Megaupload

Apparently, 10sigh has a thread and I was linked to it from mangupdates site: 10sigh's Claymore Thread.

Claymore chapters are coming out each month so we are going at Beserker's speed.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender