Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Claymore

I guess Galatea wasn't dead after all. That's good, she's definitely the coolest of the Claymores since Teresa. However, Clarice and Miata are hunting her down for the Organization.

Interesting twist with Isley and Priscilla. I had totally believed what they had said before about her.

Yea, I believed Isley had won and made her his woman. But still, it kinda rubs me the wrong way how they're making her out to be so powerful, when her original awakening was just like everyone else's. She was completely overpowered as a Claymore by Teresa. Oh well, there always needs to be someone stronger and above everyone else all the time which makes these stories more interesting.

Well, she has had plenty of time to mature and grow, and as a claymore, they said Priscilla had a huge upside, so im not suprised that she became a super=powerful A.O. However, i think the organization has something to do with her awakening...all that info that they have and stuff; its hard to believe that they wouldnt forsee that happening, since even her fellow claymores knew about her unstable nature.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    Well, she has had plenty of time to mature and grow, and as a claymore, they said Priscilla had a huge upside, so im not suprised that she became a super=powerful A.O. However, i think the organization has something to do with her awakening...all that info that they have and stuff; its hard to believe that they wouldnt forsee that happening, since even her fellow claymores knew about her unstable nature.
    Oh well, with Priscilla aside, I wanna see how badass Raki's become, if he's become badass at all. Maybe by the end of the series he'll sweep Clare off her feet, live happily on a farm and raise a quarter yoma children. That's assuming Claymore's aren't sterile or what not.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Oh well, with Priscilla aside, I wanna see how badass Raki's become, if he's become badass at all. Maybe by the end of the series he'll sweep Clare off her feet, live happily on a farm and raise a quarter yoma children. That's assuming Claymore's aren't sterile or what not.
    That's the kind of storyline that would make me puke rainbows =P"

Realistically, I can't really see a happy ending for any of these characters. Bittersweet is a more probable direction. I expect Clare to die right at the end while taking down Priscilla in the process. Or maybe she'll survive the encounter and let Raki sweep her off her feet and go live happily in a...

I dont see why Raki wouldnt be a little formidable..he's been hanging out with monsters all the time (i wonder if he knows). Id be great if he were an uber-swordsman, but still only human.

Yea, I believed Isley had won and made her his woman. But still, it kinda rubs me the wrong way how they're making her out to be so powerful, when her original awakening was just like everyone else's. She was completely overpowered as a Claymore by Teresa. Oh well, there always needs to be someone stronger and above everyone else all the time which makes these stories more interesting.
    And what does it matter that she was overpowered in a Claymore vs Claymore fight by Teresa? For all we know Teresa has been the greatest, and most powerful Claymore ever (without awakening).

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    And what does it matter that she was overpowered in a Claymore vs Claymore fight by Teresa? For all we know Teresa has been the greatest, and most powerful Claymore ever (without awakening).
    Probably not much anymore, but they said RIful had said that it was an indicator of how powerful you were when you were as a Claymore, had affected your ability as a awakened being. Riful had used to be a ranked #1 Claymore I believe I had read somewhere. Riful has also stated for those that half-awaken like Clare, turn out to be fully matured fruits the longer they are in that state, and when they do finally awaken are more powerful and above other awakened beings. Maybe Priscilla had half-awakened before and was in that state and maybe she became powerful that way, but we don't know yet, neither do we know if we're ever going to find out the source of why she's so powerful.

Back when Teresa was being hunted, the others said that Teresa could easily sense that Priscilla would become much stronger than she was, and they were surprised that Teresa didn't kill her when she had Priscilla at her mercy.

Recall that Priscilla never used her yoma powers before and never used them while killing yoma, but unlike Teresa, she had no practice at controlling the energy and quickly Awakened once she did. Teresa, or possibly Irene, mentioned that Priscilla using her powers would be much stronger than Teresa was, IF she could control them.

Priscilla was simply gifted. Teresa was also, in her ability to sense yoma energy so perfectly.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Fri, 05-18-2007 at 08:53 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Actually, they'd be 12.5 percent yoma, since Clare's only a quarter yoma (remember, she didnt take in yoma blood, she took Teresa's blood, which is why many thought she was so weak)...

Man I am really into this anime/manga, just started watching it and I want to read the manga. For some reason I cant download volume 1 at mangatraders it just takes too long. Can someone do me a favor and allow a download available for all volumes so far on sendspace, rapidshare or whatever.
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

I won't provide ya those links, since I'm too lazy to upload them, and I don't think I even have them archived anymore. But if you know how to use IRC, or if not you should learn how to grab them from Lurk. It's an amazing source of manga, as they have almost every scanlation possible out there.

Chapter 73 Scanlation

Not sure who it's from, but I'm guessing it was released by 10sigh, since the sound effects were left untranslated, like usual, and it came out super fast.

Thanks for the heads up.

This was a bit surprising... Miata sure comes off as a savage. I suppose if you're abnormally strong, plunging your hand into monsters to rip off limbs isn't out of the question.

i dont know how i feel about the creepy teat sucking...

Alright, caught up now. I really enjoy the Miata character, especially since she's very much like a youma than any other Claymore out there, even awakened ones. Even in the tit sucking, she bites... so maybe she has some urges to eat guts too.

I've given up on the fight against reading the manga. This brings me however, to a point where I start wondering about the rules of these forums.

There is an explicit rule explaining that any spoiling is forbidden. Yet I see people that apparently read the manga "suggest events", "predict the future" and in general discuss things they have known since a long while. Like Ryllharu.

A person does not know, that a certain speculation is in fact spoiling untill he finds out about the truth and could be spoiling himself if he uncovers the spoiler(s). Therefore I'm exposing you here and I will, later this day, report a full list of people that have brought speculation close to spoiling forward in this anime forum to the devs.(Which will give you time to delete/edit your posts)

Users with knowledge that reaches beyond the last anime episode should completely refrain from posting any suggestive comments whatsoever. Nothing. End of story.

Good day to you, stick to the rules.

Besides that, jezus, Claymore kicks total ass.
    Last edited by ?igma; Tue, 06-19-2007 at 01:31 AM.

You know what? Fine. I've been exceeding careful, been reprimanded twice and edited my last post in the anime thread 6 times to make sure there's nothing there that you can't deduce from what we've seen if you pay attention. But I've taken enough shit for those posts.

I won't post there anymore.The last two topics within the thread were much more active than any other because of me correcting idiots with material from the anime because they were speculating based off facts they made up instead of displayed material.

The worst spoiler I revealed? That Clare is only 1/4 yoma, and Galatea's powers MIGHT work the same way as Teresa's, which any idiot should be able to tell.

Enjoy a stagnant conversation consisting of, "Well ____ is cool, but she's no Teresa" or "That fight was awesome." and Naruto/Bleach worthy speculations based off whatever dream someone had after they watched the episode and forgot all the material in the earlier episodes.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Tue, 06-19-2007 at 07:21 AM.

Don't get me wrong, this is not about you, your name popped up because you are the most expressionistic in your views and they happen to match alot of the later content. There's however plenty of other people all around the forums walking around in red zones they shouldn't be walking around in.

I'm going to be perfectly clear about this. I'm on of the least posting members on these forums. I only post low quantity and sometimes even low quality, but I read alot and I log in a douzen times a day. If there's one thing I hate, it's people secretly hinting to future content, and worse, in reverse post about how brilliantly right they were back then.

I'll seriously knot anyone I see spoiling on these forums to the highest tree from now on.

And if you really had that much of a warning on your spoiling, I guess the Mods can see that for themselves and won't punish twice for the same mistake. ( your posts do not date that far back though )
    Last edited by ?igma; Tue, 06-19-2007 at 07:38 AM.

I may post close to the borderline, but I've only crossed it in the instances above. The errors were corrected by a moderator, and I further edited it to eliminate any potential information that might have slipped and to back up every single statement in that post with material from the anime.

Despite my efforts, I still continue to take shit for that post. So I've had enough of being accused of spoiling. I don't care if there are others you're more concerned about, and I agree that those who praise themselves for being right when they already knew they were are the worst offenders. However, I know that I'm one of the more constructive posters around here, and that I put in far more research into my posts than I really have to. I'm not pleased with being the poster boy for spoiling when I haven't done much of any consequence.

So I'm done. I suspect the discussion in that thread will be more simplified commentary than researched speculation from now on. Unless some other posters who share my need to verify the material they mention and research their claims stick around. That was one of the more enjoyable threads with discussion for a series I watch in a long time.

I won't drag this thread any further off topic.

EDIT: My warning was only verbal, since in terms of magnitude it wasn't that bad. It's not the mods that keep giving me shit for that post after I already apologized and fixed it.