Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Claymore

But, let's not get into personal emo stories, lets focuss on the rest of the people that happen to often have a slip-of-tongue as well.

Trying in with a post from the anime thread I thought it would be more interesting to talk about here since we already know about Alicia and Beth, and Galatea will reappear soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Granted there will always be stars in each generation like Teresa and Priscilla, but it seems like the Claymores of present day are stronger overall, by comparing Noel and Sophia (ranked 4 and 5) to the members of Miria's team (6, 15, 22, 47). Miria's team members are special cases, but for supposedly being stronger than Miria, Sophia and Noel came off as pretty generic.
    Let's look at the generation before the War in the North. Since Alicia and Beth are special cases, if we remove them from the rankings, that moves Miria down to 4th, and Galatea down to 1st. That puts her at equivalent rank to Teresa, and she has superior powers since she can actually manipulate Yoki when her foes aren't paying attention or using too much. With Miria having developed her old form of Flash and Flora (adjusted to Rank 6) with the windcutter, compared to the old 4 and 5, Noel and Sophia, they do seem stronger overall.

Then with the 17 of various ranks killed, and 7 deserted after the battle at Pieta, this next generation is obviously weaker since they just cranked them out as fast as they could, but trained the strongest to purposely fight Awakened and Abyssal Ones. This brings me to the next point and back up to date.

If we assume Galatea's adjusted rank would have been first, are we about to see a repeat of what happened with Teresa and Priscilla? It's been mentioned twice that Miata could be ranked 1st, sound familiar? She won't because of her obvious mental issues, but Miata also fights incredibly well under suppressants, just as Priscilla did by never releasing her energy. Priscilla had father issues, Miata has mother ones. She and Clarice are hunting a higher ranked Claymore who excels at reading and in this case twisting Yoki.

I think we may see a parallel to the Teresa-Priscilla fight, but hopefully with a better ending this time. Claymore revolt seems to be theme of this era in the story, and where Priscilla was on her own, Miata has Clarice as her voice of reason.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Tue, 06-19-2007 at 09:19 AM.

I couldn't not read the manga anymore, and it's been a damn fine experiance. So many charachters but they all have such interesting personalities and quirks. Off all the charachters in the big battle my favorite was probably Jean (R.I.P. Jean I'll miss you forever!!!) with the other half awakeneds all being very interesting of course. Gotta love those hyper-honorable types who follow main charachters around like loyal servants and make main charachters realize important things about themselves.

As for the current arc the hunt for Galtea AKA The Prettiest Claymore has me worried, since loli vamp might just be able to do take her down. Hopefully we'll instead see Galatea escape and join the Band of 7 (they can sacrifice Yuma to keep the number since she's not all that interesting). Also, Clarice reminds me of Clare somehow, and I think that similarity is going to be built upon as the story progresses.

I believe about most of everyone who started the anime, started watching the manga. This series just seem to great for me to refrain from reading manga. However im still anticipating for the anime to come out each week ~..~

So do I. I like watching the animated versions of Manga. Even though, the manga can be great, it being animated sometimes adds a whole new dimension of depth and action.

I have a feeling that anime will stop at time skip. And season 2 will depend on sales and amount of manga.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

I would stop the series at the time skip, and then start doing small OVA series afterwards like Hunter X Hunter does.

I'm too lazy to post most of the time, but I feel that I should add some input at this point. I sent a private message to Ryllharu earlier regarding his comments in the Claymore Anime thread. I didn't think that I came across as impolite or as giving him shit about his participation in that discussion, and if that's how my message was received that certainly wasn't my intention.

Ryllharu, I don't think you should stop posting in the Claymore discussion because I agree that most of what you say generates good discussion and keeps the thread interesting. From my point of view, you've been one of the more intelligent and interesting posters for quite a while. I just think that any manga reader shouldn't engage too deeply in anime speculation because something is bound to leak eventually.

In the upcoming Miata vs Galatea conflict, I also hope for Galatea to survive. However, I wouldn't count on her joining the Band of Seven because they already have an "eye" type. There's several ways to play out this situation but I also think that a parallel to Priscilla vs Teresa is likely. Clarice being the emotional support of Miata will probably be the deciding difference.

I also liked Jean's character (R.I.P.!!) but one of the interesting elements in Claymore is that the protagonists aren't all safe from death. I think, though, that since the Band of Seven cannot use yoma techniques anymore, Helen has probably inherited an ability similar to Jean's to at least remember part of her. No more hyper-honorable character for a while though...

Ryllharu, I don't think you should stop posting in the Claymore discussion because I agree that most of what you say generates good discussion and keeps the thread interesting. From my point of view, you've been one of the more intelligent and interesting posters for quite a while. I just think that any manga reader shouldn't engage too deeply in anime speculation because something is bound to leak eventually.
    I completely agree with this. With a sidenote.

The fact that you yourself deem your own posts highly intelligent and of significant quality, signals a fair amount of selfesteem. This inevitably leads to wanting other people to see you the same way, which in turn will result in trying to post with maximum quality, intelligence, the whole package, paired with the need to be interesting. Being interesting means going beyond common reasoning. As you said yourself, without spoiling, the discussion will become dull.

And since you are an intelligent person, you did not spoil by accident. You kept the spoiling relatively low-threat, while keeping the balance between an interesting discussion and obvious spoiling. While you did this, you knew exactly what you were doing.

Keeping the discussion interesting, is not an excuse for spoiling.

I agree your posts are excellent reading material. Well structured and eloquent, while perfectly comprehendable for those aren't so perfectly educated in English and I would like to see you post in the animé thread. Is it really that hard to let go of predicting the future. Speculation , I agree, is what keeps people posting and what keeps the thread interesting.
    Wil they miss your posts so much, that the thread will die and close ?

I'm indeed acting in contrary to my previous statement. I'm now making this about you. The reason for that, is to exactly point out, that this is not about you at all.

You stop posting and the thread should wither and die ? That's some mighty arrogance you show there.

You also marvelously put yourself in the position of the underdog as soon as you're exposed. You write a beautiful, elegant and emotional speech about how your fragile little mind has been violated so many times for your inspicible crimes already and you should not be put to trial again. *sobby puppy-eyes*

Perfect writing. It even made mé stop from actually doing what I said and, I can tell you, I'm a synical , sarcastic and sometimes sadistic bastard( when writing and evaluating people, not irl).

Re-evaluating everything you've said in the past series of events however, lead me to believe you are actually smart enough to fake the whole feeling guilty thing. Hence this reply.

I am looking forward to reading what you'll write in the future. It's a good read.

Fair enough, I probably overreacted. After Munsu's initial warning, I got Augury's PM and your posts within two hours of each other. Yours pissed me off unlike Augury's, since I had already edited out more and you were singling me out with the other worse offenders as an example. Lastly, it was an accident, I thought it was common sense that Clare is 1/4.

No, I do feel like shit when being accused of spoiling. I ruined discussion in an anime thread on another forum with spoiler tags discussing the manga with another member. Before that, someone spoiled the major plot points in Peacemaker Kurogane and Chrno Crusade for me, and it really ruined the enjoyment of both. So I take it very personally. Nice attack on my ego. I didn't imply that it would die, but my recent activity has made it more active than it was. Back to topic, I'd like to see this issue closed once and for all.
    (if you really want to continue, do it in PMs)

@Augury:

Who in the 7 is their "eye"? They all have become pretty good at it from keeping a lookout for investigators from the Organization, Clare probably being the most proficient. They don't have anyone like Galatea yet, who can see accurately from much farther away. None of them could tell who (Riful or 3 and 5) were losing until they got a considerably closer. I'm still very much hoping they seek each other out and join, since it doesn't look like anyone will side with Riful at this point.

Since the final three are weak, and Miria developed a new method off of her old one, Helen, Deneve and Clare all adopted the fighting style of the higher ranks they looked up to during the War in the North. Clare obviously took Flora's Windcutter, Deneve picked up Undine's sword and her style, while Helen learned Jean's. Each of them took a skill from the ones they connected to the most, or who moved them to be better. I thought it was very touching. It gives the dead ones a feeling of legacy. It's not that they can't use Yoki, it's that they don't. They've all become stealth assassins like Raphaela.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Wed, 06-20-2007 at 08:11 AM.

I forgot her name, but the former no.31 (or 30? Tabatha I think) was observing Riful as their eye. Like you said, her proficiency doesnt match up anywhere close to Galatea's, but they're the same type of skill. Back during the first arc with Miria, she said that her sensing range could cover the mountain area which they were in, so I assume that this other girl's range is greater (or greatest in the group) if Miria asks her to scout.

Actually I'm a bit interested in seeing what will become of Cynthia. Other than being the next-highest ranked to not be targeted by the Lion (heh... too lazy to search the archives for another name ><) we don't really know anything about her except that she was a defensive type.

I personally thought the fact that Clare being 1/4 was obvious even before it was "revealed", seeing as how Teresa is 1/2 herself, and a half of a half is a quarter. This is junior high school mathematics here people.

Maybe I'm not reading carefully enough, but I was really under the impression that there has not been such an explanation. Common sense is nice, but I'd personally take the whole 1/4th thing with a lot of doubt. Regardless of people here excelling in deviding numbers .

Clare being 1/4th is not explicitly stated until the we see the council talking about her disappearance after Ophelia awakens.

Edit: Ophelia, not Galatea :P

Hm, I've seen them talk about her recieving the flesh of Teresa, instead of that of a yoma, I don't think they said anything about 1/4th :P Maybe I'm just nitpicking but I personally don't believe in "exact"science. Just like Claymores are not "exactly" 50/50. Of course, it's only an animé and it's true as long as they say it is.

har..I'm just tired..zzZZzz ;'(

Quote Originally Posted by Augury
    I forgot her name, but the former no.31 (or 30? Tabatha I think) was observing Riful as their eye. Like you said, her proficiency doesnt match up anywhere close to Galatea's, but they're the same type of skill. Back during the first arc with Miria, she said that her sensing range could cover the mountain area which they were in, so I assume that this other girl's range is greater (or greatest in the group) if Miria asks her to scout.

Actually I'm a bit interested in seeing what will become of Cynthia. Other than being the next-highest ranked to not be targeted by the Lion (heh... too lazy to search the archives for another name ><) we don't really know anything about her except that she was a defensive type.
    Overall, they've become dramatically better at sensing yoki, once Riful shows up, they can all sense the full depth of her power (something the Claymores don't until it's too late). Even Yuma can get a general feel for the battle at that range. But I did forget about the scene with Tabitha, who appears to have trained herself beyond the others to become the Seven's Eye.

It's does seem strange that Cynthia, who was ranked higher than both Helen and Deneve isn't used to save the Claymores fighting Riful. Perhaps she's just around to defend Tabitha and Yuma, but it doesn't seem like she's developed over time to the same extent Miria, Clare, Helen and Deneve have. Those 4 are all certainly equivalent to high ranking single digits now. They fight like Rafaela now, so they are probably all about Rank 2. To Cynthia's credit, we haven't really seen her do anything, but I don't really expect much.

Quote Originally Posted by ?igma
    Hm, I've seen them talk about her recieving the flesh of Teresa, instead of that of a yoma, I don't think they said anything about 1/4th :P Maybe I'm just nitpicking but I personally don't believe in "exact"science. Just like Claymores are not "exactly" 50/50. Of course, it's only an animé and it's true as long as they say it is.

har..I'm just tired..zzZZzz ;'(
    Yes, it's revealed. When Clare encounters Irene? who lost her left arm against Priscilla but survived I believe, and later cuts off her right arm and gives it to Clare. She tells Clare that she's weaker than most Claymore due to the fact that she's only 1/4th, taking on the flesh of a Claymore and not another full yoma.

I blame everything on being tired *cowers in shame*

being tired? :-\

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    being tired? :-\
    that my brains don't function properly