Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Claymore

To clear confusions I'll offer you all my Band of Seven List

Leader: Miria former #6 Partially Awakened - Special Skill: Mirage
    Deneve former #15 Partially Awakened - Special Skill: Dual Claymores
    Helen former #22 Partially Awakened - Special Skill(s): Drill Sword & Extendable Limbs
    Clare former #47 Partially Awakened (1/4 yoma) - Special Skill(s): Windcutter & Quicksword
    Cynthia former #14 Special Skill: Kawaii pig tails
    Tabatha former #31 Special Skill: Long Distance Tracking AKA "Eye"
    Yuma former #40 Special Skill(s): Lonliness & Insecurity

More detailed bios on each can be found here.

EDIT : Fixed Helen/Deneve Skills Thanks Ryll
    Last edited by Yukimura; Thu, 06-21-2007 at 04:01 PM.

You've got Helen and Deneve mixed up, though their numbers are correct. Helen also has Stretch Armstrong arms and legs.

lol at Cynthia and Yuma

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Despite the different tones between Berserk and Claymore, I really hope they reveal that Clare and Raki (Lucky?) live in post revolutionary Midland, and that the insignias the Claymores bare are in honor of Guts, the first demon slasher to survive. I do realize this is very unlikely, unless the mangaka got together and planned this out some. On the other hand, the Claymore world could easily be two or three hundred years after the Berserk world, and the plots would still make sense individually and together.

I hope Lucky gets some Clare action soon. I know I'd hit that.

His name is officially Raki, not Lucky. In fact, raki doesn't mean lucky. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville
    Despite the different tones between Berserk and Claymore, I really hope they reveal that Clare and Raki (Lucky?) live in post revolutionary Midland, and that the insignias the Claymores bare are in honor of Guts, the first demon slasher to survive. I do realize this is very unlikely, unless the mangaka got together and planned this out some. On the other hand, the Claymore world could easily be two or three hundred years after the Berserk world, and the plots would still make sense individually and together.

I hope Lucky gets some Clare action soon. I know I'd hit that.

thats's pretty ridiculous

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    His name is officially Raki, not Lucky. In fact, raki doesn't mean lucky. Thanks.
    'Raki' is the Japanese phonetic transliteration for 'Lucky'. Mangaka often use foreign names for foreign settings. In fact, 'Clare' is not a Japanese name, or even valid romaji (That would be 'Kureru'). This makes me wonder if the mangaka intended the name to be Lucky but the translators missed it. Thaaa-aaanks.

'Raki' is the Japanese phonetic transliteration for 'Lucky'. Mangaka often use foreign names for foreign settings. In fact, 'Clare' is not a Japanese name, or even valid romaji (That would be 'Kureru'). This makes me wonder if the mangaka intended the name to be Lucky but the translators missed it. Thaaa-aaanks.
    Rakki = Lucky. Raki is just Raki.

Raki = ラキ

Rakki = ラッキー

Both different.

Sure you can argue that he used Raki so that we can make a parallel with the "lucky" meaning. But the fact that he didn't use "Rakki" as his name suggest that "Lucky" was not meant to be his name.

And Clare is "Kurea" クレア
    Last edited by Munsu; Mon, 06-25-2007 at 01:06 PM.

Well, this is some fairly crackpot speculatio- OH CHRIST THE MORE I DWELL ON THIS THE MORE IT COULD MAKE AN INKLING OF SENSE!

KIMOCHI~II

Apparently there's a raw that was released recently that's a sidestory of the main Claymore arc which features Teresa.

Raw
    Sidestory - promfret

I found a site for beginning volumes (thanks to elyne) it has alot of pop ups/ads, the other links provided aren't working.

http://anip.homeunix.com/manga/index.php?path=Claymore/
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

Another link for Claymore Extra Scene 1.

This just makes Teresa's death more incredible (not using the the wow/awesome sense of the word). The author is essentially saying that Teresa could've taken out or competed with awakened Priscilla if she hadn't been careless even though this conflicts with the Organization's agent telling Alicia that she was their strongest ever.

Jounin
    Holy! Even Teresa admits, it's easier to kill an awakened being, than it is to kill a normal yoma. I agree, Teresa is the strongest Claymore ever.

When did she say it was easier to kill an awakened being than a yoma?

When not easier physically, but mentally it is easier because she's not killing someone who still has humanity left within them.

That's what I got out of the extra, but I wasn't sure if she'd said something to that effect in the original flashback chapters, which I didn't read.

Well, for Teresa, it's probably literal. Her ability works much better at killing Awakened Ones release all their power and thus allow her to do the move reading shit than fighting a human who can suppress their power and avoid her skill.

I don't think that's the case. It's said in the manga that Teresa is rare for the fact that she has such amazing Yoki reading abilities and the fact that when she fights, she never releases any Yoki. The same goes for Priscilla, they are extremely rare cases of such skill where Yoki usage is not needed.

Jounin
    To Augury:

I think Alicia came way after Teresa was carelessly killed. Between the time Clare was a child and the now adult Clare, a lot of time must have passed. So Between Teresa's death and now, Alicia could have been created after Teresa died. I saw no word that says Alicia was created before Teresa. Unless I overlooked something. :/

The timing of when Alicia entered the organization's ranks is not an issue. Alicia's agent tells her that she is the "strongest in our annals," (vol9, ch49) which I took to mean strongest of all recorded Claymores. This makes sense when we find out that she can fight fully awakened, but this latest extra scene has Teresa taking down an awakened former #1 rather handily.

I think that the author is saying that Teresa was really that good, and that her handler's comment of "there's no way that it would end well against an awakened, former number one" works to have the organization underestimate her actual strength.

On a side note, if we were to find the time of when Alicia enters the Organization:
    She and Beth could possibly be the twins mentioned in vol12, ch64. We see Raphaela meeting with Teresa later that chapter, so Alicia + Beth were probably already under development in Teresa's era.

( suddenly... I feel very nerdy for leafing through the archives and uploading the manga pics >< )

It's nice that you care enough about your fellow readers to look up details. Anyway when I read that line in chapter 64 I immediately assumes it was Alice and Beth. I remember it saying somewhere that the Organization generally picks up orphans (probably lots of Yoma victims in this category) to make into Claymores but for Alice and Beth they actually went searching for a set of twin infants and took them from their parents.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Wed, 07-04-2007 at 02:42 AM.