Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Claymore

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Manga: Claymore

I just did a review for this manga, Claymore, in the review thread:
    http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=13670

I'm just wondering if anyone else reads it. As of late it has been the manga I'm looking forward to the most (well right after Shin Angyo Onshi). Last released volume was great, best one so far.

You can download the series in www.mangatraders.com This manga used to be scanlated by Inane till it got licensed, now it's being scanned by Manga-Sketchbook. I really think many of you will like it, especially with the good sword action. Give it a try.

Read the first volume of this title some time back, and I must say I find it rather intriguing.

However, I can't seem to shake this peculiar thought that keeps popping up in my head that calls this "Berserk Lite." Oh, and the author's round-head design gets disconcerting at times.

KIMOCHI~II

I'm enjoying this manga, ever since inane first translated it back in the days..
    though, the current arc is the best so far, though i wonder how does claire stack up compared to terrsa..

Finished volume 4, getting creepy Berserk parallel vibes in the way of the storyline structure. Yet, it feels so goooood...

KIMOCHI~II

Claymore Anime Taking Shape (2006-11-02 09:54:51)
    Norihiro Yagi's Claymore manga will be adapted into an anime series, according to Japan's Shonen Jump. Viz Media currently published the Claymore manga in America. Source: Animenation

Yea, been reading it and I also feel it's a lighter version of Berserk. The art's a little odd, since it's by the same author of Angel Densetsu I feel weird looking at it sometimes. Especially the Yokai designs.

Wee heres another Extra Chapter XD enjoy

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M8N39PTN
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

cool, another history chapter...
    Poor Hilda, probably never got to the top five...

I liked this chapter, it's complete, no loose ends, plot holes, hardly any question left to answer, leaves the reader almost emptied...

however, where did Hilda get the robes for the mummy look? I thought the AB appearence was all organic, at least at the first stage of life...
    also, it seems the black coats aren't ex-claymores, or at least, are under enegy suppressers.

Are these chapters instead of the plot chapters?

Awesome. Ophelia's bitch factor reaches an even higher level. But Miria's story was really nice. It's nice to know they don't all just start out with a static number that they keep until they're dead.

I said in the anime thread that I was going to post what I feel would be the best place to end the anime. It may have been mentioned before, but it's a good a place as any. Leaves the audience wanting more, and is a reasonable place to stop.

They could pretty much follow the anime completely up to the time jump. The final episode with the deaths of all the Claymores in Pieta. In the final five minutes, show Clarice counting the claymores in the ground, announce that 7 are missing. Fade out with Helen's line, "She counted them all."

Skip Isely and Luciela, as well as Rafaela and Luciela. No point in putting them in if you can't get into the aftermath with Riful's talk with Clare. There's no point in putting Alicia and Beth in either. Their storyline seems to be quite a ways off.

For that to work the battle in Pieta would have to stretch for 5 episodes. I don't know if there's enough material for that much. I thought it would be passable to end it with Isely and Lucilla beginning to fight, and Alicia and Beth and Riful and Duff all going on concurrently and then someone says something about all the warriors that died in the North and it cuts to the 7. It would be extremely Cliffhangerish, but it wouldn't require stretching the Pieta battle as much.

I hope there will be another session , i believe dream won't come true sometimes. Well no one knows whats going happen just chill and relax and enjoy the following eps left.

For those who've watched episode 21 already, is it me or did the scene with Priscilla naked eating a man in the cave not happen? I recall back in the manga, it was just her standing on a cliff in the blizzard buck naked. Or am I forgetting something, and the scene did happen? I guess we can see now signs of an anime original ending or something?

In the manga we have yet to actually see Priscilla eat anyone. It's implied a number of times but we haven't seen it yet. Sigh. I suppose we must endure the last 5 eps of this madness. I can't see why they couldn't stop just where Clarice finds the Claymore graveyard in the north. That would've been perfect.

Yeah, I could've sworn Raki not knowing, going into the Timejump. And I'd guess even after the timejump he's not too informed either.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Speaking of Raki, I really wonder why he's still alive.
    He has been discussed a bit before on that thread... However can we go a little further?
    I was wondering wether he has *something* or not.

The first ep of the anime seems pretty clear about this, he was fully human at that time. Or was he already something else?

Now I wonder why several years after (it seems, since he looked so young in ep 1) he has a special smell that makes him special for Priscilla. I wonder why he has a tendency to be able to cope with non fully human beings... at first Clare, and now Priscilla. I mean in that last ep, it seems his compassion was way stronger than his fear. That's strange when your life is immediately in danger.
    Is it because he smells of Clare and Teresa (Priscilla knowing both).
    Is it because he smells of Ophelia and Riful

Or maybe he's got something hidden that we do not know yet? Someone in this thread was guessing
    he could become a male claymore, and being able to control his awakening since it seems he helped Clare when she was on the verge of loosing control.
    If you remember in the anime, there was a very bright flash surronding Clare and it seems the other times she controls it, that flash is a bit different.

Do you think Easley and/or Priscilla are thinking of changing him, what's their need
    to have him by their side? If they changed him to an awaken being, that would be
    harsh for Clare I guess. But Priscilla and Easley do not have the need for this with the
    army they have, and Clare is no one to them yet.

There's also that phrase he always says, that someday he'll become strong enough to
    protect Clare. Since she's not totally human and surpasses humans by far, why is he
    always saying this?

c u

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Remember that Priscilla is beyond an Abyssal One. She and Easley came up with the idea to make her appear as the weaker one. Like Riful, she does whatever she damn well pleases, whenever she pleases. Her every whim can be satisfied.

Raki just happens to be one of her whims. Perhaps she did lose her memory a bit. But after Riful's encounter with her, it's hard to believe. I proposed the idea that since Clare would have Teresa's blood, so unlike most Claymores who smell like half-human, half-yoma, she smells more like Teresa. Teresa probably being the most prominent memory to Priscilla. Ophelia also said Clare smells funny, as part of her half-Awakening. Perhaps Priscilla smells that on him as well.

We have seen no evidence of him since the time jump, but I doubt he's joined them as an Awakened Being. He's certainly become a superb swordsman by now, from training with Easley every day. Does he even know that they aren't human? Raki's not completely stupid, but the two were very proficient at hiding it from him up until then. I figure that 7 years of never seeing them age might tip him off though.

It's also a known fact (related by Miria and Rubel) that all male Claymores Awakened. Not all at once, but all eventually do. Miria explained its why the shifted to girls. I doubt Raki's special in any way. Maybe Priscilla views him as a brother figure, she seems intent to develop a few family. She was sad all the Awakened and Claymores were dying in Pieta.

How far along is this manga (without spoiling)? Or is it finished?

We are in the arc after the current arc in the anime, just a couple of chapters after it. Maybe 1 or 2 volumes ahead after the current arc.

And yes it's still going as I answered you in the other thread.

will be more interest to see hows the anime end