Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Claymore

Manga: Claymore

I just did a review for this manga, Claymore, in the review thread:
    http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=13670

I'm just wondering if anyone else reads it. As of late it has been the manga I'm looking forward to the most (well right after Shin Angyo Onshi). Last released volume was great, best one so far.

You can download the series in www.mangatraders.com This manga used to be scanlated by Inane till it got licensed, now it's being scanned by Manga-Sketchbook. I really think many of you will like it, especially with the good sword action. Give it a try.

Read the first volume of this title some time back, and I must say I find it rather intriguing.

However, I can't seem to shake this peculiar thought that keeps popping up in my head that calls this "Berserk Lite." Oh, and the author's round-head design gets disconcerting at times.

KIMOCHI~II

I'm enjoying this manga, ever since inane first translated it back in the days..
    though, the current arc is the best so far, though i wonder how does claire stack up compared to terrsa..

Finished volume 4, getting creepy Berserk parallel vibes in the way of the storyline structure. Yet, it feels so goooood...

KIMOCHI~II

Claymore Anime Taking Shape (2006-11-02 09:54:51)
    Norihiro Yagi's Claymore manga will be adapted into an anime series, according to Japan's Shonen Jump. Viz Media currently published the Claymore manga in America. Source: Animenation

Yea, been reading it and I also feel it's a lighter version of Berserk. The art's a little odd, since it's by the same author of Angel Densetsu I feel weird looking at it sometimes. Especially the Yokai designs.

Just finished reading this and I'm enjoying it, although, it pains me to get another manga I like and need to wait for.

As with what some people who said, it does remind me of a Berserk feel, mainly because of the era it's in, and killing and Yoma, etc.

Will be waiting for more releases, hopefully soon.

Volume 5 is out for those interested.

Humm, no one read volume 5? Well time for some more kickass action.

Volume 6:
    http://mangatracker.kicks-ass.net:69...967d1a43750490

I just read all 6 volumes in a single night, loved it. The parallels with Berserk are pretty obvious, since the theme of both is the same, becoming a monster to slay monsters. I really liked the flashback with Theresa resulting in Clare's voluntary joining. Seeing Priscilla kill Theresa during a moment of mercy was particularly sad. Even though you kind of had to expect it, the abruptness of it is as shocking to the readers as it is to the characters. Now with the 4 "Slashers" all semi-awakened, we'll see a lot more Claymores trying to kill each other.

Ophelia is one evil bitch though. Can't wait for volume 7.

I think I might pick up the Viz copies of this. It's going to be a long wait until April though.

Well, just finished reading Volume 6, and I have to say that it was an awesome volume, just like the others.

Can't wait to see more of Ophelia, I really liked her character.

I've also been thinking, do you think that Raki will become a male Claymore? We've learned that they are capable of being made, so I thought it may be a possibility if things start to get too ugly for Clare and such. They're very unstable, but who knows, Raki is a main character so he'll probably be able to handle it. I know I would like to see it myself, don't want him to be a weakass character throughout the whole story. If not, he should really go through some rigorous training and become a very good fighter.

I think Raki is more of a conscience for Clare. His situation is almost identical to Clare's and Theresa, slowly humanizing her, and bringing her back from almost losing everything. He's meant as a scale in which to rate herself against, and how far she's deviated from being human. I don't really think anything will become of him. He'll probably train and become skilled with a sword at most, but I don't see him ever becoming anything more than human.

I would really like to see Clare fight more like Theresa. We know she really doesn't have the total power, but after he present semi-awakened state, I'd like to see her almost never use her yoma powers, like Theresa did.

I'd also like to see more of the other top 5 member, the one who could sense yoma power from really far away (I forgot her name already). She seemed to have a demeanor closer Theresa and Clare as of late.

The big mystery is what number 6 found out about the organization, and why it's so important that the Claymores never find out.

More than that Claymore, I'm more intrigue by the guy that was with her with his faced covered up. The one who's supposedly the parent of the Claymores or something.

I really like where this is heading. I want to see a good solid group of warriors get together and simply be the enemy of everyone... The Yoma, the Awakened Beings, and the organization. I'm pretty sure that the importan secret that number 6 found has to do with something of the origin of Yomas, and the role of the organization with it.

Also, I didn't think that Clare would be such a low-ranked Claymore.

I agree, I knew she wasn't the uber claymore, but since that girl came to her and asked clare to kill her, i thought she was at least a semi-strong, out of 50 or so i would rate her at the 20th or something..
    also, the "man in black" made it seem like she was pretty strong, so either that he sees something in her (potentiel to uberness) or that he acts the same to every claymore girl.

is there only one of those guys or are they a group?

and yes, Claymore is starting to look like a realy good manga, after the first 4 volumes- which were basically a stupid hunt for monsters, it starts to develop some deepness.

edit: I've gone through volume 1 - it seems that the guy's (man in blakc that assigns her jobs) is Rubel... pretty cool person.
    Last edited by Death BOO Z; Fri, 02-23-2007 at 03:51 AM.

Am I the only one who is kinda turned off by the art? Hopefully the story'll get deeper and more interesting, because currently this is just a read for me to pass time.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Am I the only one who is kinda turned off by the art? Hopefully the story'll get deeper and more interesting, because currently this is just a read for me to pass time.
    Na', you're not the only one... I find it annoying that I can't easily recognize the female characters. But there's some uniqueness to the art that makes this refreshing. As of late, most mangas drawing styles are too similar to each other which turns me off even more.

As for the story, the last couple of volumes have been going deeper every time, and it's been hinting at a bigger plot in the horizon, so I expect the manga to keep getting better. I just hope the anime does it justice and doesn't bastardize the story and keeps some gore in it.

I just started myself...and read 1-6 in an afternoon; it is pretty interesting, I'll say. When does the next volume come out?

Volume 7 came out April 3... you have to wait till it gets scanned and released.
    Last edited by Munsu; Mon, 04-09-2007 at 06:35 PM.

Claymore comes out in full volumes, or a chapterly basis? I know the scans done by manga-sketchbook are of the full volumes.

They come out in volumes.

MSRP: $7.99
    Length: 192 pages
    ISBN: 1-4215-1049-9
    In stores: Apr. 3, 2007
    Last edited by Munsu; Mon, 04-09-2007 at 06:44 PM.