Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 98 Discussion

Bleach 98 Discussion

kenpachi's fight

heres the link http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b98.torrent

ty psj for this sig

Great episode, enjoyed the battle. Been waiting for weeks for this...I was the 8th person to dl it >< i "got woot" first.

A good episode. It was a good decision to focus solely on one fight instead of fragmenting it. This way it got much more momentum from the beginning to the end. Like I said in previous threads, I never believed Maki could have a chance against Zaraki, but they executed this episode in a fine manner, making Maki believe he could have a chance. That's the only way the fight could be as intensive and all-out as it was.

I haven't read the manga, so I don't know what's going to happen, but considering even just this episode I think more and more Ichigo should get some formal teaching from a real shinigami. Of course he has got some training from Urahara, but to be frank, that guy is a lazy bum... Naturally I would prefer it would be Rukia who would train Ichigo... But honestly Ichigo has huge amounts of reiatsu like Kenpachi, so he should be able to pull off stunts like we saw in this episode. And since he has shown he can master techniques quite easily (shikai, bankai), he should also be able to learn nice spells like the ones Byakuya (and also Rukia) uses all the time.

I'm not a big fan of fillers. With that said, this is one filler that felt like a normal episode. I don't know wheter or not it has to do with the fact that Kenpachi was in it, or if cause I'm doing my math homework (an equally orgasmic activity), but this episode was gooooood!

They did kinda re-work the usage of the stored energy and them getting upset, but it worked great for this episode. And the end of this episode ... ohh snaps, it gave me goosebumps on how it reminded me of the older, non filler episodes.

The new intro is incredible, its way better than the filler intro and, dare I say it, I'm acutally starting to like the song better than High and Mighty. Very nice visuals to the ending too! Chalk one up for the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco

I haven't read the manga, so I don't know what's going to happen, but considering even just this episode I think more and more Ichigo should get some formal teaching from a real shinigami. Of course he has got some training from Urahara, but to be frank, that guy is a lazy bum... Naturally I would prefer it would be Rukia who would train Ichigo... But honestly Ichigo has huge amounts of reiatsu like Kenpachi, so he should be able to pull off stunts like we saw in this episode. And since he has shown he can master techniques quite easily (shikai, bankai), he should also be able to learn nice spells like the ones Byakuya (and also Rukia) uses all the time.
    We never really got to see how Urahara trained Ichigo, other then a few cutscenes here and there. They only had a few days to train, and he had to make sure at least Ichigo could swing his sword around and call his technique out by name. If he couldnt do that, baldy and or Renji would of finished him off early.

He taught his RESOLVE! I always did want to see Ichigo preform some spells, but I think Aizen mentioned how all shinigami specialize in the 3 different fields (footwork, spell, sword play i think?), and theres a limit to each one? Well ... Ichigo would be the attacking, so I dont think he will develop spell usage.

I'm pretty sure there was four fields, but I cant for the life of me remember what the last was. It was sword, demon magic, flash step and something else.

Anyway, awsome episode. This arc continues to show how filler can not suck as long as you don't rush it.

You actually have empathy for Maki and you actually feel something when he dies. Unlike every disposible filler character in every other series.

I mean, I've already grown attached do the other fake soul character, and I'm worried none of them are gonna live through the end of the arc. Because the arcs made me give a crap by keeping them around for more than 3 episodes.

Still, Maki's sword had too many different powers for not even being a bankai. The thing he used to try and crush Ken should have been a bankai at least.

Thing I really liked though, no bounto in the new opening or ending. Hopefully that means fillers end sometime in the next 13 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensee
    I always did want to see Ichigo preform some spells, but I think Aizen mentioned how all shinigami specialize in the 3 different fields (footwork, spell, sword play i think?), and theres a limit to each one? Well ... Ichigo would be the attacking, so I dont think he will develop spell usage.
    That could be the case. Learning those spells might take considerable time, as they seem like very sophisticated ways to use reiatsu. Still, I don't actually see those limits as so stiff. Byakuya is very fast, he's obviously excellent at using the demon magic, and nobody can say he couldn't use his sword well.

Perhaps Ichigo could just use raw reiatsu like Zaraki is doing all the time. It seems to be very effective indeed if you know what you are doing, and somehow I don't think it should be that hard to learn.

Excellent episode

Freakin awesome episode!!! It was everything it should have been, and left nothing to be desired. Zaraki is such a badass. I remember the days when you knew the outcome of Ichigo's fights because he was such a badass. Then the filler started and they made him lose bankai and his confidence, and it was such a downer. No way could Zaraki ever lose his badassness like that. Well, except for that brief 2 minutes when he asked his Zanpaketou it's name, after he lost to Ichigo. But now he's back and as boss as ever. The animation for their final strike was amazing. And the best part: for once, they didn't leave it hanging and the Bounto (or supporting character) was finished, instead of being able to retreat. Great A+++++ episode.

The new OPs and EDs are pretty good, especially for filler episodes. The ending theme especially has this great artistic something something about it. Pretty sweet.

Damn who would have thought filler episodes could have been this good, I would have liked the fight to last a little longer but other then that this episode was great. Gotta say that for a filler arc i'm impressed with how they been doing except for the fact that Ichigo has seemed far to underpowered in all his fights.

Ash"Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. This... is my BOOMstick"

oh man who else was tired of ichinose stupid rant on justice and all that other crap. that whole rant just got on my nerves so bad that I was cheering when zaraki killed him.

Dude, he spent the last 100 or so years (was it that long since he left SS?) dwelling on this stuff, let him have his 5 minutes of grief before he gets owned by his nemesis. After all, it is a pretty important question about SS and how it is run. Look at the first SS arc. They were going to kill Rukia because the office of 46 said so, without explanation or further discussion. Some of the rules of SS do need to be changed, and it's weird that they'd bring it up in a filler arc instead of in the main manga storyline. I guess it wasn't something of concern to Tite, or maybe it's too early in the series for him to develop that part of the story.

I watched the OP again and didn't like it as much. I'm not that big a fan of Japanese music where they intersperse English words with Japanese words, especially when it interrupts the flow of the song.

@DarthEnder: the fourth is hand-to-hand (or "barehanded" as Lunar translates it) combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Dude, he spent the last 100 or so years (was it that long since he left SS?) dwelling on this stuff, let him have his 5 minutes of grief before he gets owned by his nemesis. After all, it is a pretty important question about SS and how it is run. Look at the first SS arc. They were going to kill Rukia because the office of 46 said so, without explanation or further discussion. Some of the rules of SS do need to be changed, and it's weird that they'd bring it up in a filler arc instead of in the main manga storyline. I guess it wasn't something of concern to Tite, or maybe it's too early in the series for him to develop that part of the story.

I watched the OP again and didn't like it as much. I'm not that big a fan of Japanese music where they intersperse English words with Japanese words, especially when it interrupts the flow of the song.

@DarthEnder: the fourth is hand-to-hand (or "barehanded" as Lunar translates it) combat.
    i agree with you, the rukia situation is a perfect example of why they might need to change the ways SS is run but ichinose's whining is still annoying. like you said he had hundreds of years to get over what happened yet he still chooses to dwell on it like a little emo kid. his former captain wasnt murdered in cold blood, he accepted zaraki's challange to a duel and he lost which is one of the legitimate ways to become a captain in SS so he must of known the risks involved.

Missing Nin
    I really didn't get the impression ichinose was killed in this episode at all. He was defeated but during the entire episode it was made clear Zaraki was attempting to teach him a lesson rather then simply kill him. The battle was decent and this was one of the best filler episodes we have been given in Bleach so thats atleast a plus.

I'm definatly glad this battle finally happened it had been forshadowed for so long and it is the first real Bounto defeat sense the kids with water bottles so that tells me this arc is finally moving towards ending.

Dude, that huge spray of blood and his eyes rolling into the back of his head while blood trailed from the corners of his mouth, those tell me he's dead.

Sadly, you pretty much knew which way the fight was going to go even back when they first mentioned the Ichinose/Zaraki relationship. Darn fillers.

In this case you would have known it even if this wasn't a filler. There are few men who could beat Zaraki and some renegade shinigami who has spent his last hundred of years being brainwashed by bounto criminals isn't one of them.

However, despite the fact the outcome of the fight was highly predictable, it didn't make the fight any worse, if you kept that in mind. You just have to look at different things than who is the last man standing. The fact Ichinose tried his best made the fight worth it.

Damn right, that was still one of the best fights I've seen in Bleach.

I really liked how Zaraki finished by saying "I gave it my all", which could have easily been translated to "I did my best". Nice play on Yachiru's (and something you see in most anime) wish that they "do their best".

The new OP ssequence is very good, it had a lot of foreshadowing in it that probably didn't make any sense to any non manga readers, which hopefully means they fillers will end soon. The song seems alright but it hasn't grown on me yet.

As to the episode...That was the best fight i've seen in the fillers by far. The only problem was how they danced around that light bomb ability not being Ichinose's bankai. The trend has usually been the bankai contains the Zanpakutou's name in it and that light thing (which made absolutely no sense) was called Saigyoku Nijigasumi....sounds a lot like a bankai name to me. Anyway Ichinose was a good charachter with a decent backstory and a valiant end, he will be missed...for like 1-2 episodes.

In this case you would have known it even if this wasn't a filler. There are few men who could beat Zaraki and some renegade shinigami who has spent his last hundred of years being brainwashed by bounto criminals isn't one of them.

However, despite the fact the outcome of the fight was highly predictable, it didn't make the fight any worse, if you kept that in mind. You just have to look at different things than who is the last man standing. The fact Ichinose tried his best made the fight worth it.
    Would you have said an orange haired teenager who gets his powers for less than a year could be the 1st to defeat Zaraki?

Does anyone else like it when Yachiru actually gets serious and not all "big-booby" and shit? I want to see her fight an actual fight even though it'll probably never be necessary. Also I thought it was great when she bowed and then just reappeared on Zaraki's shoulder.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

@chaoskiddo: Are you being sarcastic to Kraco's post or just stating a fact about the plausibility of Ichigo beating Zaraki?

I love it when Yachiru gets serious, it's so freakin' eerie. You just know she's f*cked in the head because of all the violence she saw as a kid in Rukongai, plus she's been hanging around Zaraki and the crazy 11th squad for hundreds of years. If she's tough enough to be Lieutenant of that squad, you'd better believe she can fight. And since it's 11th squad, we're talking sword skills, no kidou or flashy Zanpaketou abilities.

So actually I prefer it when she's acting childish and silly, because I don't want to see a little baby killing machine go psycho on somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskiddo
    Would you have said an orange haired teenager who gets his powers for less than a year could be the 1st to defeat Zaraki?
    We all know Ichigo is a very special case, and has probably a greater potential than any of the SS shinigami's, if he's given enough time and opportunities to train himself (and if he does train). Also it needs to be remembered that Zaraki actually beat Ichigo a couple of times during that peculiar fight. While you could argue Zaraki gave Ichinose just as good opportunities to beat him as he gave Ichigo, that might not matter in the long run, because Ichinose tried to beat Zaraki using flashy special abilities, whereas Ichigo pretty much used the similar kind of brute force Zaraki used himself - and that would have been impossible for Ichinose who was a normal shinigami, not a reiatsu monster like Zaraki and Ichigo.

We all know Ichigo is a very special case, and has probably a greater potential than any of the SS shinigami's, if he's given enough time and opportunities to train himself (and if he does train). Also it needs to be remembered that Zaraki actually beat Ichigo a couple of times during that peculiar fight. While you could argue Zaraki gave Ichinose just as good opportunities to beat him as he gave Ichigo, that might not matter in the long run, because Ichinose tried to beat Zaraki using flashy special abilities, whereas Ichigo pretty much used the similar kind of brute force Zaraki used himself - and that would have been impossible for Ichinose who was a normal shinigami, not a reiatsu monster like Zaraki and Ichigo.

And there is this demon hollow thing in Ichigo.